2000w rated hub motor

PeeHell said:
Haven't had time yet. Just starting to figure out how to install at least a one gear freewheel on this motor. Not that easy...

Use a front freewheel crank, like the one from Sick Bike Parts:
cranks.jpg

and run the chain to a 6-bolt rotor-mount sprocket like the one from Tomicog.

Lace up to a rim with good brake tracks. Treat yourself to a badass linear pull brake with Kool Stop Salmon pads and a booster arch, and off you go.

That was one of my option using this (without the bolt) :
adaptro.jpg
Adapter 6.jpg
Regen and rim brake should provide enough braking power
Thanks for the info I'll note it down

Why not just install it as (no chain) it and report back on the performance 8)
I don't think this is going to come close to "The Crown" or a cromotor but if it performs better than a magic pie....
No use in putting in too much work if it doesn't perform as you expect

Well, I'm gonna do that for sure but I won't ride it before two months for sure. Just type "montreal weather" on google and you'll know why. In the meantime, I'll spend the little free time that I have trying to fit all these lipo on the bike frame.

neptronix said:
Ah yes but you have no idea how powerful a tallboy can be. My magic pie was insane. And it could shed an incredible amount of heat thanks to it's tallness. This is more efficient and has ~20-25% more magnet than my magic pie.

I can't wait until you show us the guts and/or actually get it running.

I think it should be an awesome motor for sane people but I highly doubt it would get close to a regular short cromotor power wise.
Need something like two stacked together to say powerfull! haha

PeeHell said:
Well, I'm gonna do that for sure but I won't ride it before two months for sure. Just type "montreal weather" on google and you'll know why. In the meantime, I'll spend the little free time that I have trying to fit all these lipo on the bike frame.
I ride Montreal streets everyday to commute all winter, even the mountain once or twice a week. Of course, this makes a dirty bike, and a complete rebuild at springtime. At this time of the year especially, I start dreaming about summer :wink:

Wow MadRhino ! You are a real warrior. How did it feel last week with the -30 wind chill ? The main reason I don't ride yet is that my bike stuff is 100km away. Otherwise, I'd post pic of the inside of the motor and test it.

PeeHell said:
How did it feel last week with the -30 wind chill ?
Not that bad. I prefer riding -30 cold than 3" of thick slush. I wear a MX helmet when it is very cold or windy.

*ENDED*
By the way this motor is up for sale :

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48954

I have the motor installed on a bike now. I am runninf a front freewheel crank just like chalo suggested rear brake is not installed yet.
I like it good power especially uphill I feel like I am going uphill a lot faster uphill than with my ht3525 and it's got more top speed 55 km/h instead of 45. Also from standstill the ht3525 might have a bit more of a start up punch (might have been the shorter wheelbase and more wheeling). This motor is professionally laced into a 24" rim the ht 3525 was in a 26" rim. I am running Crazy Bob tyres and it feels really good at cornering. Much more stable then the hardtail with poorly laced 26" rim and knobby tires.
I am running 20s rc-lipo 83v hoc and see peaks of 50 A on the CA.

I am going to fill it with oil soon I will post inside pictures than.
It does not get hot quick but I am heavy and live in a hilly region- Plus I feel I can throw anything at it when filled with oil.

Wow ! Very clean build !
What controller are you running it with ? Did you run the HT3525 with the same controller and the same parameters ?

I have just mounted this motor in a 26" rim (thanks to MadRinho) on my Tidalforce S-750 and 24s lipo. I've never ridden it so far but it looks promising when you look at the specs and your experience with it confirms it. It is still a work in progress but here what is looks like so far :

rsz_20140527_134212.jpg

Thanks a lot :D

I run a Lyen 18 Fet with 4110 Fets. Yes the exact same parameters since the reprogramming software did not work on the new notebook so far.
I will hook up the regen breaking soon to have any kind of rear brake

I think you will like it espacially on 24s. It is not silent but it starts of smooth. What Ah are you planing for battery (Ah) which controller and settings?
Just estimated you should get speeds of 70km/h and more :twisted:

I have 24 turnigy 4s hardcase for a total of 24s and 20Ah to feed my "greentime" 24 fets 4110. How many Ah do you have ? And what is you custom battery case made of ?

It is also a 4s hardcase pack with 10Ah only. You should have much less sag then. What current do you want to push into your motor?

How do you fix your batteries? What material covers the frame?

The case is made out of aluminium L- profile (don´t know the correct term) and layered wood plates similiar to several plywood plates but water resistant. My father builds dog boxes for cars with this materials. The black paint is not working that well already peeling off.

The battery pack is velcroed to a plexiglass sheet on all the length of the central post on both sides. The plexiglass sheet itself is velcroed to the frame. The batteries are all taped together on each side and it is all held with a dozen big tie-wraps. A black cordura 500 piece doubled with gorilla tape inside is the cover.
As you can notice, I had to be creative to fit that much batteries this frame.

I will run the motor on a 80A battery amp limit.

I guess you should be riding soon. Don't be shy to pass by my garage to show me how it does.

Man that is a large diameter hub. How's the torque?

Back