SKATEBOARD video & gps 23 mph

shortcircuit911 said:
I don't want to hijack papo's thread, so I've started my own here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=45859
It's a work in progress, so give me some time to get all the info and pics up.

You need to fix that link :) its linked to an editing screen so we cant go there

Edit: mod fixed the link

getting there

Attachments

• view.jpg
    view.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 6,910
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 6,910
Does anyone know what type of sprocket that is on the wheel or how to attach a sprocket to a skateboard wheel? I really want to build a motorized skateboard or mountain board, but have been hung up on how to mount the sprocket to both the wheel and the motor

this is how to mount sprocket on wheel

Attachments

• photo 2[1].JPG
    photo 2[1].JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 6,887
let there be light front and back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb6ux8vRmEU

Papo, where did you get the battery box? A few other questions on your sprocket setup. Is this the same as your older board using bike chain? I have looked all over for a 33 tooth #25 sprocket. They seems to be hard to come by. Chain is easier to setup for me since I have the parts, but would rather have a belt driven. That is just as difficult due to all the different sizes and some of the pricing is outrageous. A chain is easier to lengthen or shorten as needed. What do you think about a direct drive? Would there be enough space to use RC car gears (metal) with a slipper clutch? I don't know if there is enough space so you can get the motor close enough to the wheels for them to make contact. Did you also make the round spacer for the wheel or did you purchase it? Could you make me some if you didn't buy it? Are those flywheels you have off of EBay, and what size are they? Do they ride ok? Sk8norcal mentioned that some of the knockoffs are junk. And here's the final of the twenty questions, what ESC are using on this build?
Thanks for your help. I am about ready to order some parts finally.

made the battery pack

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 6,530
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 6,530
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 6,530
ran the board lots of power runs so so nice video soon

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 6,462
dirkdiggler said:
Papo, where did you get the battery box? A few other questions on your sprocket setup. Is this the same as your older board using bike chain? I have looked all over for a 33 tooth #25 sprocket. They seems to be hard to come by. Chain is easier to setup for me since I have the parts, but would rather have a belt driven. That is just as difficult due to all the different sizes and some of the pricing is outrageous. A chain is easier to lengthen or shorten as needed. What do you think about a direct drive? Would there be enough space to use RC car gears (metal) with a slipper clutch? I don't know if there is enough space so you can get the motor close enough to the wheels for them to make contact. Did you also make the round spacer for the wheel or did you purchase it? Could you make me some if you didn't buy it? Are those flywheels you have off of EBay, and what size are they? Do they ride ok? Sk8norcal mentioned that some of the knockoffs are junk. And here's the final of the twenty questions, what ESC are using on this build?
Thanks for your help. I am about ready to order some parts finally.

using the same esc ezrun-150a-pro works great fast going to try hobbyking turnigy trackstar 1/5 scale 200amp 8s
the wheels are great even in cold 10 degree weather battery great lots of power better then the lipo

pic speed up to 27 mph

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 6,290
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 6,290
wow! That's an intense battery pack for a skateboard! 27 mph seems pretty crazy fast for a skateboard.

Fantastic.

My brother and I moved up to 90mm
Wheel gps and video to come

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 6,429
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6,429
Looks good. I just ordered the hobbywing 150a esc after both my hk escs bit the dust. One turned one, but wouldn't spin the motor and the other would just click when turned on. Stinks. I thought they would blow on my mountain board, not in an RC car. Of course there wasn't any burnt electric smell, so I don't know what happened.
What volts and ah are you using now?

I am running 24 volts
Just got the new 1/5 scale trackstar
200amp esc using it on me scooter
Can Handel 33.6 volts will get another
For eboard to add 1 more cell
Going up to 27 volts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6,394
Nice 6 mile ride around Central Park