Brushless dual 6kw ALIEN Power system - electric longboard

Hi I got the motors from Bruno at Alien power system . We're very near being able to offer an Electromechanical kit to fit to any longboard deck.. This will included the Motors,custom Dual ESC( controller),Wii Nunchuk controller or iPhone controller. CNC machined 6082 Alloy ABEC 11 drive hubs, motors brackets and truck mount brackets,and hardware inc.. Belts, fasteners etc. you will need to buy Abec 11 flywheels and Holey trucks ( I may be able to get these also). I may also offer the moulded battery box and a unique Arming system I have devised. I think initially we will offer a small run of 10 kits .. So please let me know if people are interested. I'm thinking of doing a 'Black edition' possibly with black anodised brackets and powder coated satin black trucks. :D

That are great numbers you're talking about!
At ~10kg and about an hour of assured runtime it makes decent commuting vechicle.

Care to elaborate more on weight? What do you expect from new deck?

Hi
Yes it's great for short journeys and will climb steep hills also and is immense fun. :D The weight will change slightly when the new deck is fitted but I don't know the weight of the current deck alone that was all I meant .it will still be around 9-10kg. So still pretty light. My Electroskate Air 500 which is billed as 'a light weight board for the hardcore skater' is 9kg ands that's only 500w 7a... Mines 6000w and 8 A.. :p

HI
Ive been asked by several member about producing a kit of my project and i can now offer it.

This will be what you get in a kit for the Holey/Abec 11 conversion all CNC machined and laser cut from 6082 aircraft grade alloy
either alloy

fullset_zps36fcb2ba.jpg

or anodized black/blue/red
fullsetblack_zps1a5617e4.jpg

IMG_0439_zps3f638021.jpg

IMG_0438_zps3c535fa4.jpg

IMG_0408_zpsaa2d2042.jpg

I think around £139 in alloy and £149 for black for the full set inc fasteners /belts etc. Bruno will be selling the ESC,motors and Wii nunchuk controller to suit. prices to follow
also the battery box cover will be available trimmed and drilled for £25.
IMG_0340_zps905adc37.jpg

I also have a high voltage arming system inc antispark- these will be about £20 ish.
IMG_0380_zps448f8ef3.jpg

I think that for the wire runs you're doing you do not need that heavy of a gauge. try 12 gauge if you haven't already. Also, there are some 16A switches at radioshack that have two terminals (so 32A) that would also work fin for continuous power of 32A. I burst 80A all the time with this setup on my skateboards

Here we are with the new deck and all LEDs fitted.. It carves absolutely brilliantly the concave deck is so much better- i can have my trucks tighter for more stability but can still turn at tightly as before.... ill post some pics later of the LED's on! when it gets dark ..p.sw the kids at the park are going wild for it!!
so next mods to do are a custom grab handle and to get the nunchuck working perfectly,regen braking.

P1050142_zps39687575.jpg

P1050138_zps408f743f.jpg

[imghttp://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s621/richard_bailey1/P1050138_zps408f743f.jpg][/img]
P1050137_zps4b4a7b79.jpg

P1050136_zps78fe9c88.jpg

P1050134_zpse429f429.jpg

P1050133_zpsef4532aa.jpg

P1050129_zps488185d1.jpg

P1050127_zps22fd76b0.jpg

Awesome! The LEDs are a really nice touch. I am very interested in a kit!

Are you offering just the mounting brackets at the moment? Will the kit come with the drive belt as well?

The kit is everything u see in the photo of the parts inc belts and bolts.
So that's
:2 x drive hubs (CNC 6082)
:2x truck mounts (CNC 6082)
:2x motor brackets ( laser cut 6082)
:4x truck mount boss's ( CNC 6082)
:2x belt washers ( laser cut 1050)
:2x hub retainers ( laser cut 1050)
:2x high torque 5mm pitch belts
You then need a set if Holey trucks and Abec 11 flywheel (83mm) and your own deck and your away.
Obviously you also need the motor/ batteries / ESC which Bruno can provide .
I can also provide the LED kit with power transformer for about £30. U would need to add switches if your choice to that.
Hope this answers your questions ..

Just to update :-
The complete weight of the new board is now 9.25KG!! super light for an electric deck.. The Elektroskate air which has 7AH battery and 1x 500W motor is 8.9KG. Mine has a 8ah battery and 2 x 3000W motors!! so a great weight to Power ratio!!

Nice achievement ;)

Could you also comment on the controls? You told something about WiiChuck before, but mentioned no details?

Hi texonite
Were in the process of trying to program a wireless nunchuk to work with the board but its proving a little unreliable.. :shock: I'm currently using a standard rc handset.

beetbocks said:
Just to update :-
The complete weight of the new board is now 9.25KG!! super light for an electric deck.. The Elektroskate air which has 7AH battery and 1x 500W motor is 8.9KG. Mine has a 8ah battery and 2 x 3000W motors!! so a great weight to Power ratio!!
Does every Englishman have a lathe and milling machine in their workshop cause it sure seems that way, lol! Beautiful work!

Hi beetbocks !
Is the small cog included in you kit ? If not where did you find it ?
Also, are you considering selling half kits for people that want to do single motor ?

Thanks ! :)

Hi Ttw
The small pulley wheel I can supply but the the reason its not on the kit is because it depends the wheel size your using as to what size you need..So i left that up to the customer to buy..
A 15tooth (83mm wheel) supplied with the bore machined to suit a 10mm motor shaft,a 3mm keyway machined and a 2mm grub screw in it , will be about £12 so not a lot.
Yes i can supply just half the kit for one wheel drive.. that would £69 plus P+P..
Hope this helps
Richard

Where did u get the small pully or what are the belt spec's so we can find pully's smiler but different bores.
But are you ready for shipping?

The belts are 5mm HTD 9 mm wide. I will provide the belts , I'm just finalising the length as the new brackets are a bit shorter. I should be ready to ship next week . I will post a message to everybody interested . Thanks for the patience but want everything to work perfectly ..

Hi
Just to add the belts I will provide will be to fit my 30t wheel adaptor and a 15t motor pulley. This is to be used with a 83mm wheel.obviously if you want to use a larger wheel the gearing will need to change which will mean a different length belt.

More questions for you :)
Does the motor fit without the spacer between the truck and the board ?
And do you have more details about the motor you are using ? (rpm, max current/voltage, diameter)

I am willing to convert a board and you kit seems to be way easier to go than anything else :D

thank you !!

Hi
No the kit does require a 1/2" rubber riser . These do a number of things it gives more ground clearance for the motors and gives some vibration dampening also they also make it turn quicker and stop the dreaded 'wheel bite' which is why i initially fitted them as the 83mm are quite large . I can maybe supply these also for about £3.50 a set.
I know hardcore 'pushers' prefer the deck to be as low as possible but as you will never push again.. .....
The motors are 63mm diameter 170kv so at the 36v I'm using there about 6000rpm and the kit reduces this to about 3300rpm at the wheels...
If your interested in my mechanical kit ,if you just give Bruno a message at Alien and tell him your buying the kit from me and he will sort you out with all the electronics at a 'favourable ' price :D
Here's his profile- http://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27393

For everybody wanting more video (me included) ..I'm just waiting on the typical yorkshire weather to clear up!!
I can add I went out last night on in (in my new Kevlar lined jeans ) and after Bruno's tweaking with the ESC firmware... WOOW So smooth now!!! Really nice low rpm set off and super smooth acceleration.. I know a lot of people complain that the initial set off on rc drive kit is too harsh..but Bruno has sorted that problem.. I actually caught up to a Porsche Boxter...!! He was a little surprised!! Admittedly he was only doing maybe 35mph but it was still funny!!

Very smooth, I do like the sound of those motors spinning up.

I was wondering if you get any torque steer with your setup, seeing as you have one driving wheel at each end.. When you are accelerating/braking hard or riding up a steep hill, does the torque try to turn the trucks and make the board steer unintentionally?

Back