2 wheel drive e-BMX

Ypedal

Staff member
awd-bmx-1.JPG

Been working on this for a few days as time allows, the BMX already had a 9C motor on the back and after repairing a 2nd motor and having sit on the floor next to the bmx for a few days... it was obvious what had to happen next !..

I found 2 ecrazyman controllers in a box i got back in 2008, 72v 30 amp, am using one throttle for both controllers.. all fed from the same lipo pack in my backpack.

Just got back form test ride no.1 , will tidy up the wires once the mandatory first few rides are successful..

How was it ?.. you might ask...

Well, below 20 kph the front tire will break look if you snap the throttle, :twisted: , way fun, but off road this thing should be a blast !... dangerous.. but a blast ! lol..

going to remove the pedals and crank, then weld up some foot pegs. my stash of 10ah PSI cells may end up on this bike..the 5ah pack of duds is not up to the job..

ypedal you're nuts :mrgreen:

It's kinda cool though cuz you can throw it in the back of your car whenever ya like, and it ain't a flimsy folding bike, it will take the abuse.

I think you're crazy but at the same time i want to do the same exact thing.... :lol:

go up a hill and tell us how it handles- and if the motors are still cool after the climb

Nice! It is funny when the hub motors on a bike outweigh the bike they are added to.

My buddy used a single hobbyking SK outrunner friction drive on his BMX and it almost takes a 48 volt Optibike.....I bet your bmx would eat optibikes for breakfast :D

[youtube]-B2QfDMK-8w [/youtube]

.I bet your bmx would eat optibikes for breakfast

Lol.. it had better, since i'm running 72v 60 amps total so far ( 30 amps per motor )

I need to solder up the shunt on the rear wheel controller so that it pushes harder and helps reduce front wheel spin.. :p .. more on that later.

video, should be able to have something by tomorrow. 8)

Back