Frockfest

mmerlin said:
BTW t3sla, WTF exactly IS that 20" Pie.
MP2 - 20" with 3.0" Duro tire
2013-03-09%252013.05.30.jpg

Album
https://picasaweb.google.com/105578555740318104835/MP220Painted?authkey=Gv1sRgCM7OjcK2--Pp7AE#
The final product doesn't look that good due to a mishap, but still looks significantly better than the original.

winkinatcha said:
That Old Skool Huffy on the right might be Just what you need :D Though I must confess, taking into account your short stature, I had kinda reserved this one for ya:

Dreamin.gif

There's a kmart pretty close too if you want to get the real quality stuff :D

Joe
Yeah that bike from Kmart could totally hold a MP3 in a 20inch rim and the frame could hold at least 9Ah of lipo.

If you want to go hardcore though get a BigW bike :), designed for the big western kids of today, easily fit a Crystalyte 5405 hub and 100v 20Ah of nanotech lipo :mrgreen:

Always hated the look of the Magic Pie, until now. That's a cracker Tesla.

Likewise, that looks staunch tesla 8)
Probably the big ass 3" tyre helps with those looks. Should be the goods for racing, albeit maybe a bit skatey on The Goat Track (tm)

As for the BMX, I haven't ridden one in 20 years so I'm not sure how confident I'd be racing on one! I actually intended to ride a pink bike for the race anyway :mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer to borrow a steed Joe. Maybe on this occasion I should borrow a bike and just come down for the fun of it rather than trying to freight down a racebred weapon. Got one of those spare conhis motors laying around I can purch? Maybe I can drill the piss out of the side covers before the race and just BYO controller and batteries. Then if you have room to store it someone else can use it next time (either with stock controller and batts or their own) if I'm not around ?

A 20 incher like teslas would be the way to go ideally. Infact could probably get away with bringing that down with me on the plane...
Hmmm, decisions decisions

Hyena said:
Thanks for the offer to borrow a steed Joe. Maybe on this occasion I should borrow a bike and just come down for the fun of it rather than trying to freight down a racebred weapon. Got one of those spare conhis motors laying around I can purch? Maybe I can drill the piss out of the side covers before the race and just BYO controller and batteries. Then if you have room to store it someone else can use it next time (either with stock controller and batts or their own) if I'm not around ?

Hey Jay,

Plenty of options... I have drilled out side covers for the cohnis kits...
The sponsored shop/racer bike is available ready to go (alloy hardtail with rockshox front currently running dedicated 14s @25 amps (1.5 kw ish) Cohnis rear (unmodded controller unmodded wheel)) that yer welcome to borrow straight up... I'll have fitted a disc brake rear to that by the 28th too, so howzabout we reserve that one for ya, and if you wanna bring down a hardcore controller we can chuck that on, maybe run it through a 9c or drilled out sidecover cohnis if you can be arsed... as it stands the shop/racer/testbike will match the power n handling of most of the mid-range power offerings and, well, ya don't get more plug n play than that :D, leaving more time on yer hands to enjoy Melbs, and zero stress re having to pack shit up n freight it, plus I'll be doing the hiring of the van again to carry extra pit stuff n gear, so can even offer you a lift to the Altona Goat Track from wherever you plan to stay... Piece of Piss...

Te3la Indeed that is a good looking magic Pie... hey did you paint it yourself, or get it powder coated,? either way, what paint did you use or where did you get it done? Looks pretty schmick.

Joe

If you do bring down a 20"er I actually have some real deal BMX stuff including hardcore (non-suss) forks and proper frames. let me know if you decide to go for that option and I'll assemble one ready to drop a motor in... Bring a can of pink paint :twisted:

Haha! I hadn't thought about that.

Jay is a dab hand at photoshop - I won't be logging in again from work today! I predict NSFW.

Hah, you find inuendo in that line yet let this one go ? :lol:
Hyena said:
What you've gotta watch out for is there's always a row of trannies with their backs to the wall, looking to switch things up. You don't want to end up on the low side of them, let one in your gate and you could unexpectedly find sauce in your drain!

Your retinas are all safe, I CBF'd firing up photoshop :p

Joe, thanks for the offer, sounds like you have me covered either way which is awesome :)
I've just gotta work out a way to get a leave pass from the missus now. I've got a week away in the US in a few weeks and she's really hating on my for that. If I disappear the weekend before my name will be mud...

Ha! I forgot about the trannies Hyena!
Reminds me of my first shunting. Got her home and she was not the 18 amps her ID claimed she was.

full-throttle said:
Hyena said:
A 20 incher like teslas would be the way to go ideally.

Well, looks like I've found a new signature.

Honestly Jay.
tumblr_mgddfuI8MK1qza49co1_r1_500.png

samd said:
Always hated the look of the Magic Pie, until now. That's a cracker Tesla.
You and me both, imagine if they came stock like this?
It's a reflection of bad Chinese design, you can tell it's a domestic product that lacks western market appeal.
Amusingly this creative design input is what Chinese companies most desire from foreign workers.

hyena said:
Probably the big ass 3" tyre helps with those looks. Should be the goods for racing, albeit maybe a bit skatey on The Goat Track (tm)
Agreed, but you haven't seen the front motor :D
Turns out it's easier/cheaper for 'me' to just use a front hub motor with disc mounts than get a proper rim and hub laced :| my catch 22's rock. :oops:

winkinatcha said:
Te3la Indeed that is a good looking magic Pie... hey did you paint it yourself, or get it powder coated,? either way, what paint did you use or where did you get it done? Looks pretty schmick.
lol check the picasa web album, it got done apathetically by me.
If you're going down that path, light sand and metal prime are key as the unit has a gloss textured coat
Also one of my sides is ugly due to a retardation followed by more retardation, but point is with minimal effort it can come up well
Unlike my plastidip front rim which took a loooooong time, i'll post images of that when that bikes done. It's the cheapest way to white wall your rims.
I shat my pants when I found out a entire wheel was $400 and tried to find a cheaper alternative.

Also lol at everyone's running commentary, still waiting on AJ :mrgreen:

What you've gotta watch out for is there's always a row of trannies with their backs to the wall, looking to switch things up. You don't want to end up on the low side of them, let one in your gate and you could unexpectedly find sauce in your drain!

If a tranny fills up your drain with so much sauce it starts leaking back out, it is called a magic pie I think..... or so we're told... :oops:

Re spraying motors black, I use a type of black paint I got from Bunnings, which is designed for BBQs and stoves, so it has really high heat tolerances. It is matte black like cast iron, but it is very resilient and tough.

Philistine said:

If a tranny fills up your drain with so much sauce it starts leaking back out, it is called a magic pie I think..... or so we're told... :oops:

ahh gawd dam :shock: :lol:

Philistine said:
Re spraying motors black, I use a type of black paint I got from Bunnings, which is designed for BBQs and stoves, so it has really high heat tolerances. It is matte black like cast iron, but it is very resilient and tough.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products....aspx?page=4&filter=categoryname--Spray+Paint
White knight sprays are.....wait that's clearly a trap. :(

Mine shouldn't run hot, just 48V and stock controller.
Until it burns due to predictable schizen (my new play on words for a Chinese Scheiße) then off to 4115 land, 30s folding bike for the luls.

Frockfest really living up to it's name with all this endowment talk.

Samd said:
Reminds me of my first shunting. Got her home and she was not the 18 amps her ID claimed she was.
Lower makes them more legal, higher makes them more desirable and harder to chase. How ironic :mrgreen:
Was riding this anorexic Cute last week. Only 15 so lots of work and no fun :(
So dumped her and went back riding my ex. Even at 16 she's way more fun than Cute, but at 30 she inflicts permanent injuries :twisted:

We are talking about motors and amps, right?

If I have enough time before work in the morning I generally charge up overnight and dump my amps discreetly into a small cutie out front of me in case the cops spot me in public. She claimed to be all torque when I ordered her but it takes a bit to get her rolling.

But on weekends I prefer a ride with one Ezee up front and one large chinese in the rear. I'm thinking of adding a mid-mount in order to keep things varied and interesting, but with three outputs I think my outputs will drain fast and i might struggle to walk properly afterward.

Oh heck.

Went to the track on the weekend to scope it out. Did a few hot laps, 48 seconds according to Strava taking it easy as I had to get home again on one charge.. It is now listed as a public 'segment' so if others ride it you all go into the leader board.

Hopefully I can make the next event.

e-bike track 2.JPG

Andy

Animalector said:
Did a few hot laps, 48 seconds according to Strava...

It is now listed as a public 'segment' so if others ride it you all go into the leader board.

Awesome Andy!

I am installing the Strava app on my phone now, to check this out.

And for everyone else, here's the app links to install on your flavour of device.

Apples
https://itunes.apple.com/app/strava-cycling/id426826309?mt=8

Androids
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.strava&feature=more_from_developer

and if for whatever reason those links don't work then go here and click the cycle icon
http://www.strava.com/mobile

Nice work Andy!
Do many lycras use the app? I'll have to download it and have some fun in my home town..

Many lycras.. I make most of my rides private because I don't want to muss with peoples king-of-mountains... One ride I did there was a 3 km section and on the electric I got kom by about 2 seconds, next thing I get an email from the prior kom telling me I was a cheat before he even knew what I was riding and before I had a chance to make the ride private. So some riders get very stroppy..very quickly.

Anyways, Hope this has helped some people, I log all my rides with strava.

Andy

next thing I get an email from the prior kom telling me I was a cheat before he even knew what I was riding and before I had a chance to make the ride private. So some riders get very stroppy..very quickly

Roid rage is an ugly mistress

:twisted:

Animalector said:
Many lycras.. I make most of my rides private because I don't want to muss with peoples king-of-mountains... One ride I did there was a 3 km section and on the electric I got kom by about 2 seconds, next thing I get an email from the prior kom telling me I was a cheat before he even knew what I was riding and before I had a chance to make the ride private. So some riders get very stroppy..very quickly
I think I've just found my new favourite past time, sign up, find said routes in my local area and then going for a brisk ride :twisted:
I shall call myself Lance2356 or something :p

Back