Frockfest

Oh cool, I've got the same bag. The Velcro straps fail at the stitching due to lipo weight, but the zips are still going strong.
I intend to heat bend some perspex over the top bar as a holder for them to mount to.
You interested in something like that?

What have you managed to fit inside of the bag?
I got 10s 8ah zippy dat doo dahs in

Steel front forks there Beastie. They'd take a lot of torque.
Hint hint.

i just managed 15s 5Ahr on my bafang on the last FF> but would've needed less if i hadn't @rsed about all morning....

Joe. Is that 84V hot, or nominal. The controller on my old bike might go that high. I wrote down the range somewhere in the files I gave you with the bike. In fact the spreadsheet that explains the limits should all be there so with a quick resistor mod you should be able to tweak it to suit. I was running a 16s LiFe + 6s LiPo = 58.4 + 25.2 = 83.6V.

Hey Adrian!

84 hot off the charger
Funny I been looking at that Lyen Mini Monster today and thinking it should be able to handle it... damn blast n etceteras, got too many computers and cant remember where I left the files... I'll find em ...and thankyou!...

Hey the Beastie! don't stress mah man, my Shop Bike racer will be in the same class as you n Merlin's... I am running 14s (58v) so a bit more power n have rear disc on it now, but I reckon the higher torque at lower speed of your beast will shine on the goat track.

Joe

t3sla said:
Oh cool, I've got the same bag. The Velcro straps fail at the stitching due to lipo weight, but the zips are still going strong.
I intend to heat bend some perspex over the top bar as a holder for them to mount to.

You talking about my frame pannier bags? I bought this one, well I bought two and chucked the useless mini bags.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Sport-Frame-Pannier-Front-Tube-Bag-/160597518003?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D7093921791929261106%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D290890942344%26
These easily fit 4 x Turnigy 6S-5000mah (15cm x 5 x5) lipos for each bag for a total of 8 lipos.
Only down side is you got to buy two, but still a bargain for a total of $20. These have been pretty solid for me, I use the inside velcro/strap bits to connect two of them together as the middle bit to rest on the frame tube top.
These were one of the first frame tube bags I bought and after trying a whole bunch of other ones these have been the best (as long as you buy two)
The only serious mod I have done to them was to glue a "velcro handle bar stem strap" to the end/front part so the bags can sit at the top part of the frame near the handle bar stem and not slide back towards me, no serious glue needed to hold that.

You can see I also overlap the whole thing with a strechy strap, thats mainly to squeeze it in to be narrower but its not really needed.

TheBeastie said:
t3sla said:

You talking about my frame pannier bags? I bought this one, well I bought two and chucked the useless mini bags.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-Sport-Frame-Pannier-Front-Tube-Bag-/160597518003?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D7093921791929261106%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D4%26sd%3D290890942344%26
These easily fit 4 x Turnigy 6S-5000mah (15cm x 5 x5) lipos for each bag for a total of 8 lipos.
Only down side is you got to buy two, but still a bargain for a total of $20. These have been pretty solid for me, I use the inside velcro/strap bits to connect two of them together as the middle bit to rest on the frame tube top.
These were one of the first frame tube bags I bought and after trying a whole bunch of other ones these have been the best (as long as you buy two)
The only serious mod I have done to them was to glue a "velcro handle bar stem strap" to the end/front part so the bags can sit at the top part of the frame near the handle bar stem and not slide back towards me, no serious glue needed to hold that.

You can see I also overlap the whole thing with a strechy strap, thats mainly to squeeze it in to be narrower but its not really needed.

That's the one.

WOW!
420Wh a bag, that is just amazing....
I only have 280Wh.....dam 8ah packs and their clunkyness!

Do you hit your knees on the bags while riding? You seem to have good clearance, so it shouldn't be an issue.
I ended up testing my idea, it came out super solid. I'd offer to make you one for yours but currently don't have the time.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=107443&mode=view

Don't thing I will be racing next weekend. Had a silly stack yesterday and hurt my shoulder. Got to take it easy for a couple of weeks. The ride was worth it though - two summits, some snow and heaps of the finest singletrack in Aus 8)
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'll def try to make it to the race.

Ouch !

Rest up mate.

BTW. Love the tent/bike shot and the colour masking.

Sorry to hear about the stackerooni FT

Take it easy

And time to get a new helmet!

Very nice tent/bike photo, has a great feel

As for the rest of you Motor Frockers...

If FT is MIA 4 FF the playing field for 2 wheelers is somewhat levelled... although T3sla's build is looking kinda grunty

Lets hope we get beautiful weather like this weekend is

t3sla said:
That's the one.

WOW!
420Wh a bag, that is just amazing....
I only have 280Wh.....dam 8ah packs and their clunkyness!

Do you hit your knees on the bags while riding? You seem to have good clearance, so it shouldn't be an issue.
I ended up testing my idea, it came out super solid. I'd offer to make you one for yours but currently don't have the time.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=107443&mode=view
Nar I don't have clearance issues, I got it that way instead of using triangle bags for the sake of easy removal as I always take off my batteries to charge. Yeah your mount setup looks pretty cool/clean, yeah don't worry about me I am satisfied with what I got.

Ouch, nice stack FT. Looks like you knocked yourself black and blue from that photo :lol:
No concussion ? Usually hitting your helmet hard enough to break it results in a good deal of that inertia being transferred through to your melon.

Thanks for the comments.

No concussion, the helmet might have been weakened from another stack a month ago. It was right at the end of the ride on a relatively easy spot. The camera wasn't recording at the time. I'll edit a quick video of the rest of the ride. Shoulder is getting better - rode to work today (wearing a full face helmet) it only hurts a little from pulling on the bars.

I will def come and perhaps do the timing on the race day. Will bring an air horn :)

full-throttle said:
I will def come and perhaps do the timing on the race day. Will bring an air horn :)

Man that would be super-awesome if you'd do the timing stuff... I'll even give ya a scmicko hi vis vest n lend you a hard hat so you can look all uber official n stuff :D... Possibly give you control of an out of date fire extinguisher to spray around if you get bored :twisted:

Joe

edit oooh oooh! I've got a couple of battery powered sirens too :D

I thought it was Sunday the 28th

I dont mind 27th, but we need to all be there on the same day preferably

Not quite at the stage yet where FF runs an entire weekend ;)

Which day are we racing?

Going back a few pages discussion was 28th

However I just checked a few forecast websites, and Saturday 27th looks to be the nicer rain-free day.

full-throttle said:
How about Sunday 28th of April for the next round?

I'm keen to try the mid-drive out this time :mrgreen:

winkinatcha said:
Hear no evil, See no evil...

Speak a lot of evil :twisted:

Lock it in for the 28th, eddy, or Susan or whomever.

Joe

Hyena said:
So, on the off chance I can get my shit together, the 28th is a goer right ?
Fly into avalon airport ? Is there a Kmart near there ? I'll need to purchase a ride to convert for the race :lol:

winkinatcha said:
...Hella busy with a new shipment of wheels arriving, the ongoing stocktake as I expand into my larger workshop, and an ever increasing trickle of jobs n customers... But still have plans to build a a more torquey (2kw+) dd Frock if I can to race on the 28th

Let's get it on!!!

joe

oh right, Sunday.

Sweet, that's actually better for me :lol:

KJSFT came over yesterday and enabled my rear break to function through the magic that is meticulous washer spacing wizardry

muchas gracia amigo, now to finish wiring her up and race her :)

SUNDAY!
Open your slopey eyes KJSFT :lol:

And sadly I'm officially out for this one. Hopefully next time! Looking forward to the videos.

It'll be getting close to mushroom season down that end of the world too... :wink:

jonescg said:
It'll be getting close to mushroom season down that end of the world too... :wink:

Sh*t! thanks for reminding me... I feel a peninsula ride coming up :shock:

:twisted:

Joe

Hyena said:
SUNDAY!
Open your slopey eyes KJSFT :lol:

And sadly I'm officially out for this one. Hopefully next time! Looking forward to the videos.

LOL I just got it (KJSFT i mean :D , slow much?)

never mind dude, I'm sure there'll be others...

On that note my sponsered racer/shopbike is available for racing... happy to lend it out, with brief instructions for racing or will race it myself... still planning on pit duties/ tech suppurt/get you limping home... and if the numbers turning up warrants it, am happy to dedicate to pits/marshalling...

Hey Full-throttle (see I am POLITE!) do you need a lift? spare seat in the van and I don't mind swinging round to whatever god forsaken suburb you live in to pick you up...

Joe

Back