End of the World. Beginning of a new one. The Life of Amberwolf.

It sounds like you are getting all your bases covered. When I moved from Fla to WI. I did a major purge of my junk in the area of 90%. I gave away two van loads of computer stuff. I sold all my furniture and just moved my bed , some clothing and electronic equipment. I was amazed how fast you can recover from losing so much stuff. I know how resourceful you are and you will recover.

This was my bed, and some of the other stuff that was in the way of the firemen getting into the window to put flames out, I guess, all dragged outside thru the window and dumped in a pile. I've already gone thru it a little while waiting for stuff, and found the desklamp with an LED light from TexasPyro in there that I had over the front door inside; the heat melted it's clamps so ti ws probagbly on the floor when they broke into the front door. The big fuzzy "rug" to the right gy the lantana was the "sheepdog" I'd gotten at goodwill for the dogs, which Loki had taken as his personal comfy bed most times. It's not burned becuase it was rigth next to the front door in front of a chair, so I am going to try to wash it and save it--there are too many memories in it to just toss it out.
IMG_20130425_160526.jpg

It doesn't look too bad yet, just looking at that, does it? That stuff was part of what greeted me when I got out of Bill's truck that day after lunch, but I didn't even see it there until much later; I had only seen the firemen and my boss over by the pine tree, and went to ask what happened and where my dogs were, after which I dn't remember mcuh besides fallng on my knees in tears at their looks. I'm told I crawled around in the dirt howling and flopping around...I can't remember it.

This is the front of the house; you can see the boards over the windows, and the roof. Can't see how the fir(?) tree is a little burned and the eucalyptus is scorched, to the left in front of my bedroom. Couldn't get apciture to show that with this phone camera of Bill's. Just inside the front door you can see the shed boxes leaning up on the wall, awaiting assembly. Ashes of stuff in the yard.
IMG_20130425_160530.jpg

On end is the "bread rack" I'd had under the bedroom window, whcih had had dogfood piled up to the cieling only a few days before, moved to the kitchen (pictured later) on I think Saturday night after work; not sure now. It had been really strong steel, and is now bendable by hand. By *my* hand, which is saying a lot. The gray wrinkled thing on the right is the big gray mat I usually parked the bike on when in the living room. Pile of burned stuff around the rack is assorted stuff from the bedroom, including the door to the Flatbed Kennel Trailer that Fred burned in, and is buried in. What's left of an office chair is also there; most of my clothes just washed and dried had been piled on it. Some remnants of pillows and blankets are mixed and melted in chunks around there too. Pieces of cieling generously mixed in.
IMG_20130425_160538.jpg

Bedroom window, covered by plywood--but you can clearly see the fire burned thru or blew out the window, and burned the porch, can kinda see how the trees are scorched. Deadbolt on security door is missing because it was ddestoyed by FF getting in and had to be removed so we could still lock up.
View attachment 4

Just inside front room, taken from front doorway. Powerchair from Mark is lower center, appears intact gbut some heat damage to seat. bike wheels and tires in front of it mostly ok, some tire damage. Destroyed cieling some collapsed and some torn open by FF as they fought the fire. Boxes of stuff mostly ebike related toright, strewn about by FF I guess.

Can't see it well but my spare EIG cells are up on top fo the wall-facing projection TV carcass, just above the powerchair seat. It was hot enough up there to melt a lot of plastics only a foot up from there, so they may be destroyed too. I will have to test them--I can't exactly replace them.
View attachment 3

Dayglo Avenger appears intact. Spotted desk chair to it's right was Nana's chair; I am going to try to save it, since the cover can come off and be washed. The grayish ellipse between them was the top of a wooden stool that had been right in front of that rack in a previous pic of rhe porch. The top is charred and heated enough to separate the planks it is made of. My tools were up on that dresser in the back left corner; most are now scattered all around that area of the room, presumagly by the FF. Melted styrofoam coolers behind DGA and above chair were for dogfood I hadn't gotten moved yet. ti's not shadows in a dark room making the room hard to see--it is all covered in soot above chest and shoulder height.
View attachment 2

Back of DayGlo Avenger, vs the old 1960's Tektronix oscilloscope that used to be on the scope cart in my bedroom, right next to Fred's kennel. It's totally destroyed; even the CRT is shattered and I think partly melted. On top of it is what's left of my iMac, which was also on or near that chair mentioned previosuly, that's now out front next to the bread rack. Copious amounts of cieling crumbs everywhere.

Standing in same spot but looking opposite direction, toward vent over hallway, towards bedroom. Cieling is caved in; vent is gone. hallway cieling collapsed.
IMG_20130425_160625.jpg

from same spot, toward front door, shwoing ripped out cieling in front rom. Shed boxes to right.
IMG_20130425_160629.jpg

front room stil, from same spot, toward cieling over front window
IMG_20130425_160635.jpg

View into bedroom doorway from same spot, Door is burned all the way thru; was oopen and in that postion when I left. Wall to left is hallway wall that had a flashlight haning from a hook; the blue one from ES member Solcar, and the smoke alarm somwhere above thaton the cieling (which doesn't exist anymore), and the thermostat for the heat/ac. No sign of any of them even in hallway. Can see ny bedfrane tilted upward and over the kennel remains where Loki and Nana used to take turns playing lonely dog.
View attachment 4

Investigators said this is ignition point. But it is middle of floor with nothing near or on it. :? Used to be a huge dog water bowl in the more-clear area up and to the right of that darker triangle. I dunno what all the bits are laying about, yet.
IMG_20130425_160647.jpg

I forget what angle this is from or twoards; it's still in bedroom.
EDIT: the middle thing used to be a scope cart with the 1960's tek scope on top and there's a similar storage scope on the bottom, the cart is flipped on it's face. most of my multimeters and test leads were inside the cart drawer; I have not even tried to right it and look inside yet. :(
IMG_20130425_160653.jpg

I forget all of what this is; bedframe, bed railing, cabinet used as headboard, actual headgoard (sorry, gotta go am dozing off reeatedly and need to slee p now )
IMG_20130425_160709.jpg

marty said:
amberwolf said:
I know you like to recycle. I went to a truck junk yard and bought a aluminum box that was the back of a truck. It got delivered on a flatbed. After they slid it off, I was able to move it around on some rented round wood logs.

Painted my truck box shed and moved it when I moved to a new house.

Good luck!
Looks like I am too late to convince you to buy a recycled truck box shed. Here is a picture of my shed. It's holding up pretty good. Bought it, painted it, and built the doors about 20 years ago. The dent at the top is where I accidentally drove into it :oops:
shed.jpg

marty"Looks like I am too late to convince you to buy a recycled truck box shed.[/quote said:
no,i really appreciate the pointer; it's a super great idea and i wanted to but i don't have time to call around and find one, arrange transport and setup, etc.

i had to get these right now so we can set them up right now and get my remaining stuff into them starting this weekend, or else it will sit in the yard where it will be in the getting-hotter weather and at (great) risk of theft, since i have no dogs to scare theives away anymore.

i have a lot more than $1200 worth of stuff left to protect in there, especially the sentimental stuff i can never replace that is still salvageable.

i'm stilltrying tonap when i can stand to, cuz i am averaging 3-4 hours sleep a night and not all in a row, which is less than i have been getting and i need even more now i guess. still trying to think of al the littel things i have to do and find and people to talk to for help and arrange getting together to get things done like workparties to move and clean stuff, etc. i forgot to even shower or change clothes since doing so the first night ofthe fire--i didn't even do that on my own, bill had to remind me to a bunch of times. then there are my grief retreats which are a few minutes to a n hour or more at a time, less frequent and shorter each time usually but i am still working thru it. talking a lot with bill and others and writing stuff down here which uses up a lot of time but really helps work thru all this.

since you paid rent, is it not possible for you to stay at the house while they work on it?

you guys have really modest weather so you could camp outside and use a tarp to cover your stuff until it could be moved back into the house. you would have water and electric power.

there will be people there working on it during the day when you are at work and i suspect your neighbors will watch for you when you are not there. the lumber for the framing is gonna be a big expense too if it is not metal studs in the kit, and then if you are not a carpenter it may be difficult to actually assemble the sheds even using the sheet metal studs. does the shed kit include all the metal studs or do you have to use lumber? you do not need a floor since there is no moisture in the ground there.

i had to live in my car for a month when i went to grad school in colorado since i had no money but all my time was in a library or lab so it was just at night. but i was lucky and got money from the reagan star wars boondoggle so i could finally rent a room after that.

i was even thinking you could find a camper so you had a place to stay and park it on your lot.

dnmun said:
since you paid rent, is it not possible for you to stay at the house while they work on it?
:shock: did you see the pictures? :( I will post more later when I get back from first batch of errands so you can see why not. :(

but rent was refunded for this month partly and don't have to pay it during rebuilding.

you guys have really modest weather so you could camp outside and use a tarp to cover your stuff until it could be moved back into the house. you would have water and electric power.
Can't use tarps; theives would just come over fence to steal stuff when I wasnt' there and city would have a big problem with it. they would also have a big problem with me living outside.

no electric unless i run cords from neighbors. power is cut at pole until house is rewired, or at least until old wiring is stripped out / disconnected from mains.

and summer is not modest; it's up to 120F out there and inside any uncooled unshaded tent or whatever it would be deadly for me. i certtainly couldn't live like that and still work. i'd be in no shape to do it. it's tough enough even living in ahouse and still doing it.

there will be people there working on it during the day when you are at work and i suspect your neighbors will watch for you when you are not there.

neighbors are already keeping an eye on it but they cant' watch all the time, and i suspect some of the neighbors *are* the neighborhood theives, but have no evidence. even some of the little kids are stupid enough to mess with things; they used to throw rocks and stuff at my dogs to get them to chase them along the fence and bark and stuff.

the lumber for the framing is gonna be a big expense too if it is not metal studs in the kit, and then if you are not a carpenter it may be difficult to actually assemble the sheds even using the sheet metal studs. does the shed kit include all the metal studs or do you have to use lumber? you do not need a floor since there is no moisture in the ground there.
there is a lot of moisture becuase i have to keep the plants watered. it's not desert landscape, if you've ever looked at the pics in my threads of outside stuff.

these are shed kits in a box, by arrow. look them up. they come with everything except a floor. i've unbuilt one and rebuilt it with help, the barn one under the tree. the old small one is the smae kind and it's all metal just screws and bolts together.

friends will be over tohelp assemble them and put them up, anyway.

floor cost should be about $75-100 per 10x12 shed. haven't calculated exactly cuz no cutlist yet.

i was even thinking you could find a camper so you had a place to stay and park it on your lot.
that would just be one more thing i'd have to get rid of afterward; the city wouldn't let me keep it there unless i made a paved parking spot for it. they could ticket me every time they saw it on the grass or dirt and it wouldn't fit under the carport, and the workers will be building stuff there anyway.

but i am much better off staying with bill because i don't htink it is a good idea for me to be alone now. even if i was at my place i could not have dogs there while they work on it; they'd be at risk of injury or escape or death all the time from mistakes and stuff laying around all over. bill is a good friend too.

if i had no friends that just leaped into action like they and yoiu all did here this week, i would have probably done the stuff you list above, but i apparently do, so i don't have to....

Hey AW, hope things will improve shortly. The darkest hour is just before the sunrise.

Anyway, paypaled you $50 Aussie bucks. It's not much on the scale of things, but a least you can have a decent meal or two. Look after yourself.

I appreciate your cleanup, but I had already typed up this reply before you did it, but was delayed in submitting it due to outside interruptions, and I'm still going to post the reply including the quote of chroot, because I am mightily upset. :(

BikeFanatic said:
aw, ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO GET MAIL AT YOUR HOME ADDRESS ?
I turned in the forwarding form yesterday, so by next week it shoudl all come to me here. If you need the new address or any other contact info or non-public details of anything, just PM Bigmoose, Ypedal or Dogman.

To everyone except chroot, I would like to apologize for the rest of this post. :(

chroot said:
I am asking freaking QUESTION....... DID HE SAW HIS DOG BODY?

AND IF YOU COULD FREAKING BE BOTHERED TO READ YOU'D ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER--IT'S IN THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD, AND HAS BEEN THERE SINCE THAT FIRST NIGHT.

FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, SINCE YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO FREAKING FIND IT YOURSELF, I'LL QUOTE IT FOR YOU AND EVEN GIVE YOU A LINK, TOO:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49550&p=732177#p732177

JUST IN CASE IT'S HARD FOR YOU TO FIND IN THE QUOTE I BOLDED IT AND UNDERLINED IT AND ITALICIZED IT FOR YOU.

amberwolf said:
After they dug the hole (I tried to help but was just in the way), I climbed down in and lowered all of the dogs but Fred into place, each with a toy I know they used more than any other.
<snip>
I couldn't lower Fred though.

Fred burned inside her kennel, which was the old Flatbed Kennel Trailer. She is melted into it so she is buried in the little puddle of goo that is all that is left of it. Some of the neighbors lowered it and her down to be with the others.

And since you wanted to know where they were, I'll quote the part directly below the above bits from that same first post:

amberwolf said:
The other three must not have been in the part of the house that was burning. Nana and Hachi looked like they passed out and collapsed on their sides. Loki was contorted upside down with tongue hanging out so I guess he strangled and fought. All of them were already dragged into the backyard by the firefighters before I arrived.
[/quote]

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, CHROOT?

DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR FREAKING QUESTION?

Again, I apologize to everyone else except chroot for the above. :(

I pm'd you aw

ill probably regret the post i made above later but right now i simply can't understand and i don't see how anyone would ask such questions of me if they had any idea how i am feelintg right now.

everytime i think i am getting gbetter i see something or think of something or say something about the dogs, and itall goes right back to how it was berfore and i can't see or think or do anything else for a while.

before anyone else acts like that quoted part maybe they can imagine having their children burn to death in a fire that happens just after they leave for lunch with a friend and while they are out having fun their children are dying horribly all alone with no one to help them

So sorry for your loss amberwolf.
We are thinking of you over in Perth Western Australia, and I will be sending you some funds to help you move on through this time.
Time will pass and you will heal my friend.
Matt.

Rest of pics from yestrday in next few posts, before i doze off again.

hospital bedframe (bottom view, is flipped on end by firefighters and leaning against headboard/shelves) on right, scope cart on left. bed rail between them on floor. red and white coverlet on right floor was the one Hachi as a puppy recovered from parvo in and on. i dunno what most of the rest of the stuff was; mostly it is ash and goo. oh, in the back left corner is a pile of ash and goo that used to be a shelf unit hodling some expensive dog training equipment, including the spray antibark collar i used to train Nana and Hachi to stop barking at everything that moved outside the fence (until some stupid kids started throwing rocks at them to aggravate them), some remote training collars and leash units, muzzles of various types, light up collars and leashes, anti-pull harnesses, etc., mostly bought at super cheap clearance prices but would cost at least several hundred dollars to replace, maybe over a thousand. Also my box of spare nipples and spokes for wheels, most of which were sent to me by BikeFanatic, but also included the spare ones for the Fusin wheel they'd sent me after the breakages of their factory stuff (so now I can't just go fix the Delta Tripper wheel immediately if a spoke does break again, and the remainder of the short spokes MrElectric sent me for my 20" 9C wheel, as well as the too-long ones from Justin).
IMG_20130425_160657.jpg

Same POV, aimed down and to the right. Same coverlet, bed is at left. center is puddle of goo that used to be Loki and Nana's cave-kennel, the square edged thing used to be my Samsung 191 LCD monitor. The blue wire is the nearly undamaged cat 5 cable previously mentioned. waterbowl used to be right there at the lower right of the pic. the wire hanigng down in middle of pic is the powercord for the bed, which is never plugged in except when i'm actually adjusting it for whatever reason.
IMG_20130425_160702.jpg

i forget what this was a pic of, still in bedroom.
IMG_20130425_160713.jpg

bedroom cieling, over closet door.
IMG_20130425_160720.jpg

bedroom cieling, over bed
IMG_20130425_160725.jpg

wall above kennel to right, kennel lower center, bed left
IMG_20130425_160731.jpg

better pic of wall
IMG_20130425_160737.jpg

bathroom, viewed from hallway just outside bedroom door, most of stuff at bottom of frame is things tossed out of the bedroom by firefighters i guess; most are burned or melted too badly to see what they were, some are almost intact but useless.
IMG_20130425_160744.jpg

hall outside bathroom to it's left, showing heat/ac unit's door; paint has peeled off and hangs down.
IMG_20130425_160750.jpg

pov bathroom doorway. used to be a few hundred dollars worth of dogfood stacked in those coolers to cieling. is now melted into goo and crumbs all over the floor and bathtub. even my showerhead and hose are melted. out of frame to right are several kitty litter buckets with another few hundred dollars worth of dog food, where i kept the stuff i'd already mixed up for feedings for the next few weeks, sorted by which dog could eat what or what they liked. now they are all gooey runny crumby piles. i forgot to tkae a pic of it and will post one if i get one before they clean it out.
IMG_20130425_160804.jpg

back out in front room, pic from just outside kitchen doorway, towards my old bedroom. more dogfood stacked on shelves in there, another few hundred dollars worth. mostly intact in the pic, a lot (at least several big bags worth) is spilled all over the place where it was knocked off and over by the firefighters, and is now mixed iwth cieling debris and other stuff. Right of frame shows another stack of at least a couple hundred dollars worth of food, the coolers have melted around them and are mostly gone; some of the bags are intact but are burned open on the very top edges; may be salvageable but i doubt it. probably got too hot to be safely usable or is contaminated with debris.
IMG_20130425_160823.jpg

same stack of food more direct, behind it is doggie backpack stuff, osciloscope i'd borrowed from Mark (local friend), what's left of a portrait i forget what it was--cant' tell now. front widnow to right frame.
IMG_20130425_160828.jpg

on top of box used to be my motorcycle armor jacket; it's now melted into the yellow raincoat/pants under them, and the pink/black doggie backpack that had been Nana's. I wish i had a pic of it on her but i never took one. I always thought I would be able to later....never ever ever do that. always do what you want to do now. don't wait. :cry:
my other leather jacket is also melted into this pile of stuff; it's the one with flags on it at right. yellow firefighter pants to right are not melted but are heavily smoked up, and have asbestos on them from the tileglue that burned in the bedroom. (i have been advised by landlord/etc to discard all such things because of that; I don't think I can just throw them out though)
IMG_20130425_160832.jpg

better pic of jacket, partly melted onto the folding "beach chair" that was to be the seat of my new bike. I think i have a second seat somewhere but it migh thave been in the bedroom. won't know for a whle. my pink and yellow beachtowel I used for neckercheif on the recent remodel morning rides against cold, and as a load cover on the trailer to make it more visible; it's also asbestos-contaminated as is everything in the house, possibly--definitely whatever isin the front room and bedroom.
IMG_20130425_160838.jpg

back wall of front room; so hot all the cfl bulbs exploded along with the glass lamp covers. just infront of the shiny lamp gbase on the left of the black tv cabinet are my 5 "spare" EIG cells. No idea if they are good or not, now. I took them to Bill's with me so i can test them out once i get time for that sort of thing again. to the right of that were the chargers for my cameras; they are also damaged by heat,warped and partly melted. might function but a battery can't be inserted into them anymore.

The kitchen...from just inside the kitchen doorway; it doesnt' look so bad other than cieling debris and smoke everywhere.
View attachment 8

but it got hot enough higher up to melt the coolers on the dogfood stack near the top left, and scorch some things on high shelves outside of cabinets.
IMG_20130425_160857.jpg

the cabinet to the right of teh kitchen door;; my mom's ashes, documents of death/etc, and memorial things adn picture from her younger days; all scorched and sooty. cabinet was destroyed by firefighters; was partly made by mom and irreplaceable. some pieces are missing; maybe scattered in another room?
View attachment 6

other side of dogfood stack; this is probably a couple thousand dollars worth of food, at least, which in combination with the stuff in the other rooms would have lasted about a week per bag, maybe a week and a half depending on the kind and size, for several month's worth of food. I buy it at it's cheapest possible sale prices or clearance, and stock up, whenever i can, because some months i cant' even afford to buy any at all--it always works out that i have enough to keep them well fed. Or at least, when they were still around. Now it doesn't really matter, until i get more dogs. So i have to go thru what si there and see what will go bad before i can move back in, and see if the shelters or rescues or coworkers can use it. A fair bit of it had damaged bags and so was moved out of the bags into the coolers inside other bags, so most people and shelters wont take it. I will just have to hope it stays good until i can feed it to whatever rescues I end up with eventually, or it will be wasted and thrown out. :(
View attachment 5

The back room where I keep most of the bike stuff and project parts. Nothing is burned or melted but all of it is covered in soot and lots of it has been knocked around by the FF, some of it trampled and broken.
IMG_20130425_160931.jpg

same pov, pointed left instead of right. big feeder fishtank on bottom; glad I never got to start it up or everything in it would be dead, too. more dogfood on top of it.
IMG_20130425_160937.jpg

the dogs' grave.
IMG_20130425_160958.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130425_161008.jpg
    IMG_20130425_161008.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9,619
amberwolf said:
Can't use tarps; theives would just come over fence to steal stuff when I wasnt' there

Dang, my stuff in my backyard under tarps was safe until the neighbor behind me wanted a retaining wall and the fence was gone for weeks, for years since then my stuff has been targeted, mostly by the neighborhood kids. Still some problems with stolen and/or 'Borrowed' and broken. I've caught then in the yard while I was there, but I think you could want this vault he's talking about even once the house is fixed.

if i had no friends that just leaped into action like they and yoiu all did here this week, i would have probably done the stuff you list above, but i apparently do, so i don't have to....

That's the only thing that ever makes life right.

This is the puppy dog toy I've been carrying to help me thru bad moments, which are less frequent but still just as bad when they happen, even when i am out and about. Bill calls it Phideaux.
View attachment 8

The stairs I have to climb to get to my loft room at Bill & Anna's. It's not too bad if i take them very slowly, unless I have to carry things up there or down.
0426131227-00.jpg

0426131227-01.jpg

View attachment 5

My room there from POV of topof stairs. All the clothes, shoes, blankets, towels, etc I now own, all thanks to donations from ES and local friends, and a little from the Red Cross, are in that picture, except what I was wearing at that moment.
0426131228-00.jpg

Rest of room from POV of bed. The low "wall" is the edge of the loft; beyond that is open space loking down on the computer room (where unfortunatly Anna smokes, which I will just have to live with once she gets back from Texas, probably by wearing a filter mask like i have to wear inside my own home now from the fire...the residue in the room and loft from her smoking is even now still so strong I can just barely handle it; the worst part is it reminds me constantly of my mom (the bad parts) and of the burned smell of my home. There are also no curtains over those two long windows; they are jsut frosted to diffuse the light. So I cannot have a room anything like what I have always had and am used to, where I can control the environment to suit my emotional or physical needs. But I will get used to it...and at least it has a separate AC unit from the rest of the house, so I can set it warmer or cooler as needed, since all the hot air rises up to that loft.
0426131228-01.jpg

Back at my own home, the lump in the top middle was the Canon DSLR from GMUseless, the lump at the left was my Sony digicam, the lump at the rigth was my favorite trackball, the Logitech Marble FX, and the bottom center was oneof the LED lamps from Texaspyro, that i had been using as a reading lamp/room lamp in the bedroom-the aluminum shade around the lamp is completely gone, melted or burned off I presume. The actual LED might still be good, as the face of it was stuck to the top of what was left of my clock/radio/alarm, in it's own puddle of plastic.
0426131757-00.jpg

The dogs' grave, now with some of their toys as markers on it to hopefully help people that were not there that night know what that dirt pile covers, and keep them from walking all over it, when they come over to help me put the sheds up this weekend.
0426131757-01.jpg

And now for a bit of good news: I found a Microsoft Trackball Explorer 1.0 yesterday, but missing it's ball, making it not quite useless, but hard to use. Today, I found my old broken/dead unit exactly where I had hoped I had left it, in my old bedroom I moved out of to the new one last summer. I swapped the ball over and am now using this $3 goodwill find (they still charge up to $150 or more for them on ebay!).

Attachments

• 0426131911-00.jpg
    0426131911-00.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9,677
Hey Amber,
Been away for a while and just caught the news.....speechless.
So sorry for what has happened.

But glad to see the ES community rally to help out one of its own. I'll get your details and chip in as well.
Stay strong my friend,

Glenn

Amber, GOOD news! I found a Logitech Marble FX for you! It is being shipped to me, then I'll ship it to you likely towards the end of next week. They said it works like new.

Also to hope that it cheers you up some, I took two pictures as I am packaging things up this morning. The first one is your X31 computer running off your modem all set up and stable. The second pix is most of the first box headed your way on Monday.
Amberwolf-1.jpg

amberwolf said:
ill probably regret the post i made above later but right now i simply can't understand and i don't see how anyone would ask such questions of me if they had any idea how i am feelintg right now.

everytime i think i am getting gbetter i see something or think of something or say something about the dogs, and itall goes right back to how it was berfore and i can't see or think or do anything else for a while.

before anyone else acts like that quoted part maybe they can imagine having their children burn to death in a fire that happens just after they leave for lunch with a friend and while they are out having fun their children are dying horribly all alone with no one to help them
I met Chroot personally in SF on my road trip to California in 2011.

sf0.jpg

The Electric Amigos! L to R: Stingray17 (Ivan) from Berkeley CA, Snowranger (Kelvin), Chroot (Trevor), KF (Alan). and Green Machine (Eric). (Edward) Lyen took the picture

He is deaf. So it takes a little bit more effort to understand what he is trying to say because he doesn't always construct sentences correctly like we would - with hearing. I think he is a good person, really I do. :)

Like you. 8)

Take care, KF

The name "bigmoose" just made me think of my grandma. We used to call her "Grammoose" and she used to have all this Bowinkle gear/stuffed animals. We also had another nickname for her which she was totally cool with. It was made up of three words/descriptions and the first letter of the first word was "O", the first letter of the second word was "I" and the first letter of the third word was "B". Everyone go ahead and take your best guesses. I thought maybe a little bit of puzzle humor might be a good distraction.

SamTexas said:
So you used sign language to communicate with him face to face?
Chroot reads lips, plus he has this really cool electronic device that lets him type out what he wants to say. It's more-green than using a paper pad and pencil. And I think he can use it to draw as well.

As humans go, we can also emote without uttering a single word. Nodding, smiling, shaking the head, tilting - convey affirmation, friendship & comprehension, not understanding/disagreeing, and curiosity/questioning. I tend to use my hands quite a bit when speaking - a trait I picked up when I was in the Navy working in the Engineroom which is terribly loud and impossible to shout instruction across a room.

My Sis-in-Law knows sign language; I never learned how, though I've always done well at Charades. :)

I can also read/write in more than 20 computer languages, and strange as it may seem - enjoy etymology.
WYSIWYG, KF

Back