Frockfest

Untitled.jpg

Edit: JOE! Your camera is 1080p.... what happened :shock:
Oh wait WMV happend, heh mshafted! The video is put together well, abit concerning rider change mid way.
Looking forward to a crisper render after ya catch some zzzz's 8)

[youtube]8QehroqwJ44[/youtube]

winkinatcha said:
bahh Humbug

Dunno how to embed video

Used a crap convertor from camera vid to wmv so I could use Windows Movie maker

Lots of diff clips cobbled together to simulate a race between Brute and T3sla... note they magically swap bikes part way thru race...

Over it at time of posting so no sound track

http://www.youtube.com/v/8QehroqwJ44
Joe

So Alan goes through a set of tyres per race ??

Anyway never mind that, look at those frock scoops! I thought you'd cut epic slots out of your side covers but on closer look they're stuck on the outside over holes in the original covers by the look of it?

t3sla said:
I don't think he got the one of me barrel rolling like a frock tard
What happened? Any damage? You need to update your build thread :wink:[/quote]

Nothing really, went all out on the first corner locked the rear and lost traction. I made a conscious decisions to bail and roll for dramatic effect, knew the laughs would outweigh the damage/pain, plus I hard pack my batteries with 5mm foam and 2mm fiberglass sheeting so no real risk of kaboom

Also wow... I have a build thread.....
That's rather amusing..... Figured when it was finalized I would compile a document/video with everything.
I have enough changes exploring different setups, the last thing I need is a million other voices giving me great ideas to explore.

Also no one seems to think it's an ebike when you ride in public unless you are going faster than bike speeds, Which makes me question the need for optioning a 22650 seat post wedge bag battery...

Should have bought a stealth.

Hyena said:
So Alan goes through a set of tyres per race ??

What race that was only practice :mrgreen: I put those scoops on when I went from 36v lead acid to 24s lipo. I dont know if they realy work but Ive done over 1400 ks on 24s and its still alive and I ride it preaty hard

I enjoyed the track , it has some advantages , being rough & with a lack of traction keeps the speeds down . And I dont think you`d ever get anyone come along to kick us off the track . I rode around for a while before I even found it .
I got timed for 1 lap only & think it was in the 44 seconds .
Found a nice Ebike thunder dome . Could be good for some Nascar style races .

Attachments

• DSC01077 (Small).JPG
    DSC01077 (Small).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 3,996
  • DSC01078 (Small).JPG
    DSC01078 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,996
Technically your not supposed to be there but I haven`t seen anyone there for years . The sides are a lot steeper than they look & you always have a feeling the front wheel is going to wash out while going along the straights .
http://maps.google.com.au/?ll=-38.010866,145.333605&spn=0.001236,0.001725&t=h&z=19

Interesting! So what is this track?... what was it originally used for... some kind of rectangular velodrome?

Reservoir dogs racing series......
Mr White for the win.......

:mrgreen:

t3sla said:
Nothing really, went all out on the first corner locked the rear and lost traction. I made a conscious decisions to bail and roll for dramatic effect, knew the laughs would outweigh the damage/pain, plus I hard pack my batteries with 5mm foam and 2mm fiberglass sheeting so no real risk of kaboom
Oh well.. You need a couple of days to get used to the bike.
t3sla said:
Also wow... I have a build thread.....
That's rather amusing..... Figured when it was finalized I would compile a document/video with everything.
I have enough changes exploring different setups, the last thing I need is a million other voices giving me great ideas to explore.
Like all the other build threads?
t3sla said:
Should have bought a stealth.
:mrgreen:

Swung by on my way to work, video upload during lunch break... I'm covered in mud, should amuse co workers

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367371661055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367371661055.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,636
t3sla said:
Swung by on my way to work, video upload during lunch break... I'm covered in mud, should amuse co workers
LOL that's awesome t3sla!
So with track a bit wet how slippery did your front wheel feel, especially on the was the straights?

Car in boot off we go
1.jpg

GPS says we are close
2.jpg

Arg, fenced off
3.jpg

Gate is a no go, dam locks
4.jpg

Gah another locked gate
5.jpg

Victory, an entrance
6.jpg