Coaxial-BB-Jackshaft Middrive with TGY Rotomax 80cc Build

finally had some time to test the 80cc with some load and the 24xIRFB3077 in original 193KV wind....seems they dont like each other. The 15Fet never shutdown, since the motor passed 40k e-rpm or due failed start-up. The 24Fet does both :x seems like the 24fet needs a slower wind like 50KV :?

BUT: It has massive torque :D

crossbreak said:
pics of the turnigy rotomax 150cc

radial bearing size: 30 x 17 x 7 mm (there are two of them in a row)

Hello, I'm curious to know how's the winding connections (Winding diagram?). Is it Lap or Wave? They say it is 8T, but what is it? Can anyone explain?

crossbreak said:
i'm interested too... how to find out?

I don't know, it is difficult to guess from pictures. We can reverse engineer it.
How many coil terminals do you see grouped together to form three phase input terminals? Do you see all of them tied together on one end?
From the pics, it is sure that it is not Lap winding. Wave is possible. But that depends on how the coils are connected. They might have connected in parallel. There is also the possibility that they are in series.

Someone who has more knowledge about DC motor winding can guess, but who?

If you are removing the downtube to install a custom frame member, perhaps there is a part that may help you free up some design options? These are readily available to move the pedals to a custom position:

cr8950.png

crossbreak said:
i'm interested too... how to find out?

I found this very detailed and interesting page, which explains different types of stator windings.
http://www.thebackshed.com/Windmill/FPRewire.asp
Now the question is which one resembles to the Rotomax?

i dont know much but i'm sure they're seriel wound. i'll check as soon as i disassemble it again. maybe i can just feed some DC into the coils and see which direction the coils are magnetized using a frigde magnet?

interesting page. thx

Back