Those wanting to try this mod will be able to buy a pcb for the current mod in July.
The PCB I am just finishing can have several configurations depending on how it is built.
1) Permanent current increase as determined by resistor matrix.
2) Temporary current increase as determined by resistor matrix with addition of simple activation switch.
3) Permanent current increase as determined by primary resistor matrix and
temporary further current increase as determined by secondary resistors and activation switch e.g. +10 and +30%.
The PCB will interface with the car in the IPU compartment via connections to the MCM & BCM low voltage wiring near the MCM/BCM connectors. It does not require any wires to be cut, but you do have to splice into several wires (preferably with soldered connections for reliability).
I have been working with Matt (Hybrid revolt) on these mods so he will be my US/CAN supplier for these pcb's.
My price will be $25 for the blank pcb.
Matt will either send out blank or built PCB's at additional cost as reqd.
Further details inc schematic etc are available on the IC forum.
The calculated resistor value matrix attached is provided to help those wanting to experiment now.
Please carefully note the warnings in the pdf.
1) Do not use more than +10% current without upgrading the IMA fuse.
2) Any mods at your own risk.
3) Enjoy the extra power of your sleeper car!
4) Best used with a good battery. Steveo and I have Lithium but a MaxIma pack should also give good results.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/at ... matrix.pdf
http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/at ... 050513.jpg
http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/at ... k-1-1-.pdf
PS Don't do the resistor mods inside the grey box it's electrically very noisy in there. Do them near the MCM.