Cresh's Commuter

Your build looks great! Funny how we almost built the same thing at the same time. I really like the battery in the frame, it's very well balanced which is important at high speed.

Last night I was unfortunate enough to get caught in a downpour and everything held up just fine, the controller had a few drops on it but mostly dry thanks to the fenders and pannier bags. Battery was bone dry.

I love the second half to work video.
I guess they can't read there either, BIKE PATH and they drive or park cars and trucks on them.

Never been stopped to or from work? sure looks like a lot of fun Ebiking to work. relaxing going and returnig from work, it's gotta help the day go wello, knowing that you are going to enjoy the ride home.

Just great!

Dan

Depending on your state law and which particular officer friendly wants to stop you, ebikes may or may not be considered 'motor vehicles.'

I happily ignore all signs like that because Wisconsin has laws that differentiate 'motor vehicle', 'motorcycle', 'moped' and 'motorized bicycle' with 'motorized bicycle' added within the last few years. They haven't yet been updated to say 'No Motorized Bicycles', no one really rides them around here. Most cops probably don't know the newer laws either, so I'm waiting to have that conversation... In the meantime I just try to stay stealth by being not too obvious, being courteous on the bike path, faux pedaling, coasting unpowered and real pedaling around crowded areas. Sometimes I get off and walk it on the sidewalk.

Another tip if you get into trouble is that the specifications for posting road signs and markers is defined in code and statutes and it can be easy to win in court based on the fact that whatever sign was there wasn't a legal by-the-books sign. Watch out for any of those 'No MotorIZED Vehicles' signs, which could very will apply to you.

There's no love in DC for bikes in general... and no one knows that an ebike is. Can't figure that one out.

Nice build, BTW. Looks like it rides and handles well. And watching you videos, makes you realize how much construction, accidents, deliveries stall all of our traffic around here.

I live and work in Bethesda so my commute is pretty short. I think that I've only seen one other ebike in the last five years. But whatever. I look forward to my ride to work and then home again every day that I can ride.

BTW, I think that whatever was the wildlife in the earlier video was on a suicide mission... and seemed to tumble out of it's tangle with the bike with the kid.

My latest encounter with wildlife was up at Deep Creek Lake over the 4th of July (western Maryland). Out on a country road, riding, when I saw (what I thought was) a very large black dog strolling down it. As I got closer I realized that it was a large black bear. But he had little interest in me and meandered off the road into the brush. I kept my distance and thumb on the throttle... ;)

Back