90mm $32

83mm $28

Shipping $15

Build $ 70

rlp1papo@gmail.com

They are hand made a lot of work
Takes time to build
Different colors
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=181010773821&index=22&nav=SEARCH&nid=77283852772

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5,929
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5,929
Important question! Where did you get and what size are the studs (spacers) in the picture?

Attachments

• photo 1%5B1%5D (1).JPG
    photo 1%5B1%5D (1).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 5,854
  • photo 1%5B1%5D.JPG
    photo 1%5B1%5D.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 5,854
Hi there,

I really like your board idea. I ordered all the parts but i want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I don't know where to find the belt and the round things that the belt is on. If you could help me with that i would really appreciate it. Below is what i purchased. Is there anything i missed?

motor-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18128__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_245kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html

battery-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24302__Turnigy_nano_tech_A_SPEC_5000mah_6S_65_130C_Lipo_Pack.html

ESC-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14635__Turnigy_TrackStar_150A_1_8th_Scale_Brushless_Car_ESC.html

charger-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00466PKE0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

but the engine supports 10 cells, because the battery and 'only 6-cell? you can not buy a smaller engine?

The motors from hobbypartz.com are cheaper and include free shipping. That is if you are from the states.

I have ordered Landyachtz Tomahawk on sale with 10' caliber trucks(44) and 90mm Abec 11 wheels

Now.. the electronics... I'm going to setup 2rwd (boosted boards style) configuration and thinking about using Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5045-500kv Brushless Outrunner Motors. what do you guys think?

Now come ESC... i have no idea how to figure out what ESC to use. I figured i use Turnigy TrackStar 80A 1/8th Scale Brushless Car ESC as max current on the motor is 60A... but the problem is that this ESC supports 2-4Cell LiPo.. but the motor supports 5-7 cell LiPo.

can you guys recommend ESCs for this kind of setup?

thanks~!!

Papo,

How much range do you get with the Headway 8 cell pack that you have on your aluminium board? How long does it take to charge it?

Awesome project. Can you tell me how much chain I will need to order? What is the lenght of the chain from the big sprocket to the small sprocket?
Thanks

Silenthunter said:
Papo,

How much range do you get with the Headway 8 cell pack that you have on your aluminium board? How long does it take to charge it?

I get around 7 to 8 miles around Central Park
There are some steep and long hills

Has anyone had the following issue:

I use the Turnigy 6364-245kv engine and a Hobby King 150A ESC. I place my battery in the backpack and I connect the ESC with the battery through a 14 awg cable. I rode with this set up for a couple of weeks and this morning when I connected the battery to the cable, the 14 awg cable got so hot in a few seconds and smelled like it was starting to burn. The wire was super hot and I fried my cable connectors. After 15 minutes the wire cooled off. After inspecting it, the wire looked like it was in good condition.
I carefully reconnected to see what was going to happen. When I pressed the throttle, the engine started to shake/jiggle and made a grinding noise similar to what you hear when you are pressing the brakes. The wire start to heat up again so I quickly disconnected the battery.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thank you!

Silent Hunter,
The speed controller does not like the battery being that far away. So you cannot have the battery on your back with a 3 to 4 feet length of wire. It will cause the caps on the speed controller to work harder heating them up and the battery as well. Something about voltage having to travel too far between the speed controller and battery. Place the battery as close as possible to the speed controller and do not extend the battery wires past 12 inches.

Also 14awg wire is too thin. You need to use 12 awg or even 10awg depending on the voltage used and the amp draw under a load.

I hope that helped.

I ordered the 10 AWG cable from HK and after 2 weeks I am still waiting. I decided to use the 14 awg till I get the 10 awg. I knew that this might happen so I was constantly checking the wire, esc and the engine and all were cold and working just fine. Each ride was about 5 miles every single time with speed @ 12-15 miles avg. I used it for about 2-3 weeks this way and no issues till yesterday. :(

Now when I only connect the cables it sparks and makes a boiling noise. The 14 awg cable gets so hot in 2-3 seconds that you can't even touch it. I tried to start the engine just to see what is going to happen in these 2-3 seconds and I hear a weird grinding noise similar to when you break and the engine just shakes for a sec and the noise increases a bit.

I wish I could mount the battery on the board but I am concerned that it will get damaged. I hope someone could explain the cause/solution of the problem.

Thank you!

hey guys. i see its been a while since people last posted on this forum, but ive been reading all night and searching for day from this forum, and its helped alot, i joined just now so i could make a post,

basically, i intend on designing an making my own deck, but im going to make it electrical.

these are the things ive sourced so far from hobby king

BATTERY :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__26675__Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_20C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

MOTOR :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31156__NTM_Prop_Drive_50_60_Series_380KV_2665W_UK_Warehouse_.html

POWER CONTROLLER :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29518__HobbyKing_Red_Brick_125A_ESC_Opto_UK_Warehouse_.html

REMOTE :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10608__Hobby_King_GT_2_2_4Ghz_2Ch_Tx_Rx_.html

now im aware im obviously going to need other things, so could people point me in the right direction ?

id also like to ask, would it be bennificail if i was to use or mount two motor like this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19616__Turnigy_L5055A_400_Brushless_Outrunner_400kv.html

so i would have two motors, a belt or chain on both wheels?

the links ive provided, are those all the electricals i would need ? any charger will do aslong as its the right one.

ive got a rather ambitios idea, and its not going to be cheap atall. but considering you guys can help me with the information i need, ill post pictures, and specs. and other things any one requests.

thanks in advance

Ricky

Hey quick question,

I noticed that the hub on your large sprocket is not "long" enough to simply tighten down directly to your wheel; you use your spacer rods to offset the sprocket from the wheel so that the chain has enough space to fit around the sprocket. It appears that these spacer rods just sit within the spaces in the wheel's hub.

So I have 3 questions:

1) Do these support rods indeed just sit loosely in the wheel's hub?

2) If they do sit loosely, how much wiggle room is there between the rods and the wheel's hub? If you grab the wheel and the sprocket, can you move one relative to the other? Same with starting the motor... wont the sprocket load up against the wheel hub right when you start and potentially break either the rod or the wheel hub or maybe some threads?

3) Finally... where did you buy these threaded rods (or how did you make them)?

Thanks

Phil

Papo2110, how are you liking the 90mm wheels compare to your older wheels? I believe they were smaller wheels, do you miss them? Do you want to go bigger than the 90 mm? What's the ride like with these wheels around NYC? Thanks.

torqueboards said:
Can you power slide stop with the 90mm wheels? I currently have 83mm wheels but am having issues sliding.

I'll assume you know how to slide and have some experiences doing it, but 83mm wheels seem hard. What's the durometer on the wheel? Higher durometer number = harder wheel = an easier to slide wheel. I have a set of Orangatang Stimulus 83a (purple) and the ABEC11 70's Flashback 84a (green). Both are 70mm in diameter. I tried sliding with both Orangatang wheels with the offset and the 70's Flashback with the sideset core. The Flashback will give way when enough force has been applied to push the board in front of you because of a sideset core. The Stimulus will give way, but I find it hard to initiate a slide with these. I'm still a rookie at sliding and it may be expensive to get another set of wheel. Your setup and how you initiate the slide are other variables to consider.

Yeah, no I'm a newb lol. I use ESC brakes. Unfortunately, I do not know how to slide yet I'm working on it though. I got a smaller board now hopefully it helps. Currently using 83mm 75a Abec Flywheels. When I get a chance I may switch to a 76mm wheels. Any suggestions to slide better using Holey Trucks, what type of board ext?

I managed to finish my build a few days ago and have been testing.
The setup:
Deck: cut from a sheet of fiberglass armour plating to stop bullets
Truck: Caliber .50 Cal
Wheels: Orangatang Stimulus 70mm 83a (purple ones)
Motor: NTM 5060 380kv; 90amps max (only one right now, will eventually get another one)
ESC: 150amp Hobbywing XERun; timing set to 0-degrees, drag brake set to 10%
Batteries: two Zippy 4200mAh 30C 3S1P LiFePO4 packs from Hobbyking; total voltage is 19.8V when fully charged
Overall weight: 17.2lbs

What I want to do is streamline the whole system using one battery pack in a 6S configuration with a large capacity powering a speed controller with regen-braking for two motors and get longer run times/a longer range of 6-8 miles. I have read Alien Power System's speed controller allows two motors to be controlled from one unit, but the 90 amps required by the 5060 motor makes getting their 150 amp speed controller a little problem. The weight is also an issue. Adding a second motor will be problematic because the batteries will make the board heavier. How far does your setup go and what is the max speed you can get?

torqueboards said:
Why is the board so heavy? Seems like a lot for what you got on it.
Here is the breakdown for the weight. All measurement were taken with a digital kitchen scale in the "grams" setting.
2X 3S1P LiFePO4 Batteries: 787.0g/1.735lbs
Motor with bracket and belt: 606.0g/1.336lbs
All bolts,nuts, and washers: 118.0g/0.2601lbs
Aluminum battery and ESC housing, speed controller, wires, and padding for batteries: 1064g/2.346g
.50 Cal truck with wheels and bearings: 858.0g/1.892lbs
.50 Cal truck with wheels, bearings, and aluminum spur pulley with nuts through wheel: 966.0g/2.130lbs
Deck cut from fiberglass sheet for amour plating in cars and griptape: 3213g/7.083lbs

Even before this build the longboard was already heavy probably due to the deck material I chose although very flexy. Armour plating is heavy stuff design to stop bullets. What's the weight of the deck you use?

Back