Aussie, Brisbane & goldcoast people

devorion said:
Sweet, I'll likely be in for the new date, bike is up and running... so far. Wont be using regen for a while to avoid broken axles until I have my spare running healthy too :D

Not sure why I cant pm:

I get this

The requested users to be added do not exist.

oh well maybe devorion is not in for the ride either as I have not received a pm.

It's a final smaller pack of 5 that have confirmed. that's great, as I do this ride all the time alone any way.

I'll meet you all up at Highwood Road. Newb was going to text me when you leave from your place John.

Devorion can't make it, motor is broken.

Cheers
Mat

Hope you guys were happy with the ride, I enjoyed it!

One pinched tyre put things off a bit, huh newb?

My motor hit 90 degrees and started cutting back my power just at the right time anyway as only had a few AHs left to get back home.

Anyone who wants to do a similar ride again, we don't need to organize a big group, just PM a date and time and we can do it almost any weekend. I am trully lucky to live in an area with so many bike paths and off road areas...

keep cool.

Top day! It was good to catch up again and talk ebikes.

At least Zak got some good practice putting on patchES, if he keeps at it I think he'll reduce his waste count significantly. :| (Straight Face emoticon?)

John, you are indeed blessed to have all that on your doorstep.
90° is pretty toasty for that ride on your H4065 10x6, I don't have a analog temp gauge but my digit(al) temp gauge told me 45-50° for the H4050 8x8.

Turns out my cellog readings are a bit/lot nefarious, I get very different readings for each cell on the multimeter compared to cellog. I have normal readings on all cells after bulk charging but I only got about 12ah of capacity out of 16ah when new. They were also sagging voltage alot once we got to the trails after the top charge was gone.

Rob

Great to get airborn and finally use my front shocks almost fully, and see that my temperature sensor is the insurance I hoped it would be.

At 90 degrees I had start peddling perfect time to turn back to stop as my AHs were pretty close to done anyway.

[youtube]JbY0jp-g3pk[/youtube]

This is the First video by request and am glad you liked the plan. :D

gap to downey.jpegThe other night I rode out from home to Downey park, played table tennis and then rode back in the dark. IT WAS REALLY REALLY DARK!

I plan to the ride again in pitch black but will cut out the table tennis part and make sure I have a lot more luminems to do it do it faster and safer.

There are barely any lights along the creek bikeway and all the way it borders on park after park, which I have always wanted to fly through but people playing sport and pedestrians just makes it to dangerous.

the other night I didn't see one person on the whole ride.

If anyone is interested in testing out there lights and night riding skills and feeling like we own the place let me know as I will do this one aswell again alone if need be.

The more the better as we would all be lighting up the track a bit for each other.

Proposed ride is from the Gap to Downey Park and back if batteries hold up. On my way there I peddled a lot to stick under 5ah one way but on the way I was lucky to charge there after playing and barely peddled all the way ripping it up through fields.

Are you up for something different?

As always all ebikers are welcome to charge prior or after the ride, and chill out at mine for a yarn about whatever...

John Bozi said:
View attachment 1The other night I rode out from home to Downey park, played table tennis and then rode back in the dark. IT WAS REALLY REALLY DARK!

I plan to the ride again in pitch black but will cut out the table tennis part and make sure I have a lot more luminems to do it do it faster and safer.

There are barely any lights along the creek bikeway and all the way it borders on park after park, which I have always wanted to fly through but people playing sport and pedestrians just makes it to dangerous.

the other night I didn't see one person on the whole ride.

If anyone is interested in testing out there lights and night riding skills and feeling like we own the place let me know as I will do this one aswell again alone if need be.

The more the better as we would all be lighting up the track a bit for each other.

Proposed ride is from the Gap to Downey Park and back if batteries hold up. On my way there I peddled a lot to stick under 5ah one way but on the way I was lucky to charge there after playing and barely peddled all the way ripping it up through fields.

View attachment 1Are you up for something different?

As always all ebikers are welcome to charge prior or after the ride, and chill out at mine for a yarn about whatever...

Gday John was planing coming up that way next weekend what day where you thinking ? just added some crazy lights to my bike as well 2 of them.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110992553827?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Attachments

• 20130830_155033.jpg
    20130830_155033.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 6,185
Next weekend would be the 6th of September Friday or 7th Saturday night, (I'm free this weekend and everyday in the following week to if you are not too tired after work).

With those lights you will be leading the pack! I hope my second light turns in the post before then otherwise I'm following you. :(

Hey Guys and Gals,

Think it's time to organize another group ride, are there any suggestions of time and place? I will go anywhere i can bike, train or bum a ride to.

Most of you know my preference is being up in the hills tearing it up but the objective is to not alienate anyone so chime in with some ideas where we can get as many people as possible involved. However, if the consensus is an unpaved/off road ride that's cool too :mrgreen:

I updated the Local member map and added route for a possible 3rd group ride HERE. I have not looked up power points/food/rest areas/etc. This is only a suggestion so please feel amend this route or offer other ideas.

I would be interested in NewB's ride suggestion but i was wondering if anyone would like to have a ride around the foreshores of the Redland area? Anyone driving here could drive to my place at Thornlands and ride your bikes to Cleveland to meet anyone coming on the train. We could pick up something to eat at Subways and ride out to Cleveland point and along boardwalks and back streets to my place where I'll have an urn on for tea and coffee to have with our lunch. After lunch and our batteries are topped up we could go for a ride to Victoria Point and on to Redland Bay which would be on back streets and cycle paths mainly.

I'm lurking around here waiting for trip distances, charge points, time scales and others who might be taking a trailer with a bike space for me or catching a train with. I don't ever catch trains let alone with a heavy electric bike.

Don't try to accommodate me because I doubt I can get away from home for more than 5 hours. This trip looks like an epic full dawn to dusk from when I leave and return to the house.

Wife and baby not happy for sure.

If I were single I'd be there without a doubt.

It's 5km from the Cleveland railway station to my place. So the tourist route return would be a couple of kms. more. After a charge at home and a cuppa it would be an hour to Redland Bay and back. it's not a long trip. If necessary, one could charge ones battery before heading off to the station. My estimate would be about 2 hours train travel and 2 1/2 hours for ebiking and lunch. There is no hills like the last trip, mainly dead flat .

Thanks mate, now I just have to calculate the how to get to the train part, none around near me, getting to one and back would be a full hour charge.

I really want to talk about your build actually. I'm looking more and more at custom frames. I just wish there was Brisbaneite with a trailer going with space for my bike...

Hey guys,

I have been meaning to join a group ride,

iv been very busy, also been rebuilding my bike,
How much battery do you all have? i like to have the most capacity haha, i like to really hammer it everywhere

G'day fella's, I'm cruisin' around asia atm, if I'm back by the time you set the date I'll be there.
Got another bike ready to go with new packs all set for a blast.

Rob

btw, caught up with kentlim a few days ago in Singapore
Gave him a couple of hyena's big cock motor stickers, don't think he'll put the chinese one on his motor though, might not help if the cops there there pull him over. :lol:

Attachments

• kentlim.JPG
    kentlim.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 5,874
nechaus said:
How much battery do you all have? i like to have the most capacity haha, i like to really hammer it everywhere

20AH normally. 40AH for longer cruises (2x20Ah hooked up in parallel), 50AH for much longer distances (the 2x20Ah and a 10Ah reserve to swap over to). The 2x20's get around 140km at 30kph.

I don't want to commercialize this post but I do want to get a new ebike / components in future at the best prices and think the cheapest way to do it is to see if anyone else in south Queensland would be interested in group buying.

It could be when ordering batteries, controllers, frames etc. so for example before anyone is going to buy something we let each other know on this thread as it isn't too hard to meet up, and everybody I have met is a trust-able soul.

To kick this off, I'd like everyone know that I want to buy a warp frame and the v3 cromotor when it comes out. We are lucky to have Newb here in Brisbane as a distributor so wonder what kind of deal we could get if we got enough people wanting the same.

This is the frame that I'm happy to wait for long shipping times etc. no rush.

file.php

Hey there, just beginning my ebike journey with my first bike. Hope to come along for a ride sometime. Cheers

Back