Anyone dealt with Green Bike Kit ? Not shipping my stuff

nukezero

10 kW
Has anyone ordered from Green Bike Kit recently? I bought some stuff from them that was in stock on 9-17. They then told me a few days later they will ship after the mid-autumn festival. They still have not shipped.

Someone suggested that this company does not really have the products in stock, rather they get items drop shipped or something? I'm itching to file a chargeback/paypal dispute. I even paid for 2-day FedEx shipping. What the hell.

In stock to me means ready to ship and no lead time.

It's normal for them. Send Anna an email at the contact link and hurry her up.
If you order about a grand's worth they will do it the next day, smaller orders they are slow with.

Another holiday shortly, I think.

So it might pay to email your urgency regardless.

They're a good bunch to deal with if you can cop the idiosyncracies.

I never thought they celebrated so many holidays. Hell we don't even get that kind of days off here in the USA. :D How can they stay in business like this?

Last I checked, mid-autumn festival was 19-20 (Thursday / Friday). Then National Holiday begins Oct. 1. So that should be a 6 business day window for them to get it out. It's Wednesday now... I don't want to wait until after their national holiday which is like 8 total days.

I'll give them a two more days. If I rush them by email, they might sabotage my order. lol :roll:

I ordered a kit on August 7th and they shipped it on August 24th. Arrived about 5 days later...

Explanation was:
"The cargo was delayed due to the typhoon Utor. I will inform you when it has latest news."

But once I received it the packing was strong, all items were there and I'm very happy with the product (Q100 front wheel kit - see my signature).

majornelson said:
I ordered a kit on August 7th and they shipped it on August 24th. Arrived about 5 days later...

Explanation was:
"The cargo was delayed due to the typhoon Utor. I will inform you when it has latest news."

But once I received it the packing was strong, all items were there and I'm very happy with the product (Q100 front wheel kit - see my signature).

yeah it's funny when they say "cargo". Like I'm buying a crate-full worth of stuff loaded on a C17 plane!

I got my stuff from them in a reasonable time, small order.

They emailed me 3 days after order, to tell me my item was out of stock, and would ship in 3 weeks. Once it did ship though, it was only about 7 days.

Buying stuff from these suppliers is not like buying stuff from your own country. We use them because they're cheap, but you need a bit of patience if you want to take advantage of the lower prices. A couple of years ago, their delivery times were 6 weeks for stuff they had in stock. 2 weeks are now common, and this is one area where BMSBattery in particular have improved a lot and become much more reliable. I've tried other Chinese suppliers recently and had no luck - long delivery times and big mistakes with the orders. One exception is GNGebike who are excellent.

Well, I finally got the fedex tracking from them after 8 days. My only concern is that I ordered a motor kit which is atleast 5-7 lbs. But the fedex tracking shows package is only 1.1 lbs. Common mistake?

From the UK-
I try to avoid Fedex, DHL, UPS - they almost always charge import tax, then Value Added Tax to the price with duty added. That 20% tax on the duty is a nice touch which is then trumped by a handling fee.

As usual the rules are straight forward:
Most goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU are liable to any or all of the following taxes:
customs duty
excise duty
import VAT

There are some breaks to aim for to minimise the pain, but I've had them try to charge tax on things that shouldn't be taxed. They don't half argue about it when you pull them up and insist they talk to the tax office!

Goods Value* Customs Charges applicable

£0.01 to £15 No customs duty No Import VAT
£15.01 to £135 No customs duty Import VAT due
£135.01 and greater Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9 Import VAT due

I have ordered a bbs2 48v 500w from green bike back in 6th of February.
Payment was done prompt and I received confirmation same day how every I never received the item till this day.
For all this time I have been getting are email messages and excuses, for 3 weeks they came up with story's like "we received wrong lcd from bafang" this keeps going till last week every week was a new excuse, how ever today I could not tolerate it anymore.
This was today's excuse

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:44 AM, sales <sales@greenbikekit.com> wrote:
Dear Stefano,

"The shipping agent does not recommend us to send cargos these two days because the custom are much more strict and check every parcel after the crash of MH730. They are afraid some spare parts would be missing after the custom opening the package, also the custom would poor pack the cargo after checking which would cost damage during transportation"

This was my answer

"hello.

I would like to request to receive a full refund of my order, so i can purchase this from a different and more reliable company.

Using MH730 as an excuse is very bad, the mh730 from malaysia airlines is a commercial liner, not
International Air Freight.

Custom will always check imported cargo, this is not a good excuse either, if spare parts will be missing its due to package was not properly done.

I have ordered lipo batteries for this motor 3 weeks after i have order the motor from you, the batteries arrived yesterday, so that means the company i order the battery from is much more competent, i wish to recive my full refund so i can purchase it from this same company and not worry about any delays and excuse.

I will have to report this problem to endless-sphere.com forums as well, and i am afraid i will have to give a very negative feedback on this matter.

I have filed a dispute at paypal."

The "standard" illegal shipping from china is very likely shut down again for awhile. Flying the batteries, I mean.

Is there a holiday at the moment in China? I placed a small order on Green Bike Kit three days ago and it is still showing processing. Is this normal? The money of course was taken out of my PayPal account immediately.

Andrew

From memory, that's normal. If you don't log in right, you don't get an acknowledgement. They'll respond to an email after a couple of days. Nothing to worry about. Just be patient.

Aushiker said:
Is there a holiday at the moment in China? I placed a small order on Green Bike Kit three days ago and it is still showing processing. Is this normal? The money of course was taken out of my PayPal account immediately.

Andrew

Pretty normal, really. I order stuff from China which sometimes ship from Shenzhen which is just about 40Km from where I live in Hong Kong and it sometimes takes WEEKS to reach me.

BTW, May 6th is 'Buddha's Birthday' which is officially a holiday.

There's a bit more to this. China wants to drive up the lithium battery prices but can't be seen to be driving this directly, so won't ship direct from China for anything more than a few watt hours. Chinese vendors got creative and made up some 20V 2Ahr stickers and stuck them on large cells. For everything. Busted.

Now batts have to go via Hong Kong. Mission achieved indirectly by upping the freight price. Your shipments are now coming from two sources, motor kits from China and batteries from HK. Lots of back door deals are putting pressure on a particular vendor in HK for keeping up with batteries. Now this vendor is backdooring all the ebike vendors and sending offers for battery pricing to my email to sell me batteries direct and cut BMSbattery, GBK and aliexpress vendors out of the deal. Fun times to watch.

Aushiker, happy to lend you an equivalent battery if it drags on (if I have same) and you can sort me out when yours arrives.

Sam.

Samd said:
Aushiker, happy to lend you an equivalent battery if it drags on (if I have same) and you can sort me out when yours arrives.

Thanks for your kind offer Sam. Customs cleared my battery this morning and it arrived this afternoon, so all good on that end. Now just waiting for a speed sensor extension cable from GBK and I need to organise a power cable for the battery and pretty close to finalising the install.

GBK have indicated they have shipped my order. Interestingly they say it is coming Australia Post which is odd in itself and of course the tracking number provided does not work with Australia Post.

Andrew

They just came off holiday on Monday.

Aushiker said:

Andrew
Yes.

Just wondering if any more good or bad experiences with Green Bike Kit of late. Their lithium ion Mn battery Pack prices seem good. They said in an email they use panasoic NCR 18650pf 2900mAh .

solera ebiker said:
Just wondering if any more good or bad experiences with Green Bike Kit of late. Their lithium ion Mn battery Pack prices seem good. They said in an email they use panasoic NCR 18650pf 2900mAh .
I have bought a 36v battery from them. They use genuine cells. I had opened the battery to see how it is from inside, it was well packed and of good quality cells. But I had them ship it to my importers office in China.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I just recently placed two orders with them for controllers. Both orders came very quickly at about a week from order to delivery. Wheel-building and battery testing normally slows things down a bit with these Chines suppliers.

Back