Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Hi I'm there new but lookin Your threads about a year+,

my before and now:) bike:

runnig from start on 18S 10Ah LiPo actually 15Ah, HT3525, almost 2,8kW actually it takes from modified crystalyte controller .

1.JPG

111.jpg

222.jpg

This built will have more amps, thinking about 48-55A(new programmable controller) on 18s without drilling holes in motor.
333.jpg

edit: 80A, 18S:
file.php

1st posted back in Feb 2011 on page 26 but figured an updated pic might be of interest....

Approaching 9k miles.

Here is my latest creation. An old 1998 Proflex Animal mountain bike with a Crystalyte HS motor and 40-amp controller. Noleen Chubby fork and Magura hydraulic rim brakes. Rides pretty smooth but feels a little top heavy with the rack-mounted battery.

Attachments

• Animal bike.jpg
    Animal bike.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5,798
This is my first attempt at building an E-Bike and so far have been happy with the results, thanks to much help from the community here.

Attachments

• Right-Side-Before.jpg
    Right-Side-Before.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 5,539
  • Left-Side-Before1.jpg
    Left-Side-Before1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 5,539
  • Complete-top-down.jpg
    Complete-top-down.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 5,539
I started with a used giant warp frame and put on a 450 brushless gng mid mount. It works fine so far. I've only gone about 100 miles on it over 3 weeks or so and about 5 miles of trails. Thank you very much for the support from this forum esp dogman, wes, and others who answered my posts about various things.

The bottle just holds the excess wire and unused connectors from the speedo. keeps em dry enough. I will hardwire them in and lose the bottle eventually.

thats a really cool bike, would rock a GNG middrive very nice..

what voltage/amps you running that at?

If you are talking to me 1kw, 44.4V 10ah for the time being. I did toy with the mid idea but ease of install and noise (1st build/ride alot late at night in a built up area) were the brief. Although after riding trails on it I find myself holding back because of the heavy lump with cheap spokes.... on going struggle with e's. Thanks for asking.

2006 Specialized Demo 9
demo9-original.jpg

7WL9K9R.jpg

- HT3525 running at 100V / 60A battery / 120A phase (large holes drilled both sides)
- 18fet Lyen
- 24S (4x6S Nanotech packs on fork mount)
- CA V3
- Magura throttle
- Rearview mirrors (motorcycle bar-end style).

Torque arms are Doc's laser cut steel, bolted in place on inside of dropouts, sandwiched with generous 3M DP260.

LSBW said:
Before

P1040749-1024x768.jpg

After

P1040915-1024x768.jpg

Work in progress :)

3000 trouble-free km later. Except for the battery, of course.

Installed wide fenders recently. Charging setup in the background.
I rode it with temps below -10C recently, no problems, battery loses capacity, but overall very happy :)

fenders.jpg

The fingers said:
Nice, clean, sano build. 8) Quite the opposite of my natty old ride. :lol: Really like those mirrors that don't stick out to the side.
They're very useful, I can't imagine riding that thing without mirrors.

PeteCress said:
trevc2 said:
2006 Specialized Demo 9...60A battery
The battery is not shown, right?

Or is 60AH of battery somehow fitted into that handlebar mount?
Sorry, I meant that it's set to 60A battery current on the controller, 120A phase. There's an 8ah pack on the front fork mount in the photo. The 4 Nanotech packs end up nice and compact. Great setup that gets me 35-40k's worth blasting around.

Scott said:
trevc2 said:
- 24S (4x6S Nanotech packs on fork mount)

Do you have any pictures or links about your box on the forks? I have 4 more of the same batteries that need to go somewhere on my bike.
It's just a nylon zip-up pack that was included with one of those large rectangular LED lights (for video or photography) sold on Ebay. It just happened to fit the 4 nanotech packs + latex padding completely perfectly. It's like the bag was made for housing those nanotechs + foam.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/312-ASZ-LED-Video-Lighting-KIT-Bi-Color-312AS-On-Camera-Light-Camcorder-DSLR-/251396503303?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a88663707&_uhb=1
Screen%20Shot%202013-12-15%20at%208.31.31%20PM.png

image.jpg.

These pictures are before and after quad that I built using a mid drive 72 volt hub motor. Sorry the pictures aren't more detailed, will try to post more later.

Don't have any pictures of before, but then again its a pretty basic commuter conversion as you can see from the after.

Basic specs:

- $115 (NZD) el cheapo bike from The Warehouse
- bog standard MAC kit
- For battery using 12s Lipo (3 x 4s Turnigy hardcase)

Bought a nice camera case (went round to the camera shop with my Lipo pack to make sure it fitted OK) and managed to put everything in (battery, controller, cables etc.)

Really happy with this because it does exactly what I wanted: to get me up the damned hills! The MAC motor has plenty of grunt for me (I'm just using it on the No1 Speed/power setting (the "Granny" setting) and that gives me all the assist I want.

The cruise control is a really nice feature too.

Thanks to the various forum members who have answered my questions.

ebike1.jpg

ebike2.jpg

ebike3.jpg

Back