Cycle Analyst v3 unwanted speed limitation

trevc2

100 W
Hey guys,

I have my new Demo9 build which I'm very happy with, but I'm having an issue integrating the CAV3 correctly. I've dug around a fair bit trying to solve this one on my own, but I'm pretty stumped at this point. I've read through any relevant sections of the unofficial V3 user guide (which is great), but can't figure out what I've missed.

With the CA unplugged, the motor goes as fast as you would expect it to.
With CAV3 plugged in, the speed is quite restricted no matter what settings I try messing around with. Maxes out around 35k.

Details on my setup:
- Chinese hall throttle is connected directly to Lyen controller.
- 24S/100V feeding Crystalyte HT3525 (with plenty of cooling holes drilled)
- Updated to prelim6 CA firmware (flashed to b10 first, since I had the blank RSHUNT value issue).
- Throttle out is set to min 1.4, max 4.99
- 3 way switch plugged directly in to lyen controller

An ideal outcome for me would be to have the CA not having any control over the throttle, I only want the CA being used as a battery dashboard and speedo (for now).

What could I have missed? How can I maintain a direct throttle <-> controller connection and still use the CA for battery/speed?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Pics or it didn't happen:
IMG_0250.JPG

Thanks

Just snipped green and powered it up, perfect! Thank you.

Eventually I may want to do more advanced throttle management via CA, but for now it was just an obstacle in the way of enjoying my bike :) I have a throttle tamer too, so might not even end up needing the CA once I connect the Magura and do things properly.

Cheers

trevc2 said:
I've read through any relevant sections of the unofficial V3 user guide ..., but can't figure out what I've missed.

With CAV3 plugged in, the speed is quite restricted no matter what settings I try messing around with.
What could I have missed? How can I maintain a direct throttle <-> controller connection and still use the CA for battery/speed?
Since you have rigged your bike to use the V3 in legacy V2 mode, you may have skipped the section on Limit Flags. These are located on the Diagnostic Screen and indicate exactly what limiting is in effect. This generally leads you directly to the proper settings that require adjustment...

trevc2 said:
Just snipped green and powered it up, perfect! Thank you.
Disabling the hardware by cutting wires is certainly one way to do it... as long as you're happy.

However, an equally effective method to achieve 'Monitor Only' mode (no limiting) would have been to make the following settings. There is no means to actually disable CA limiting operation, but these settings render any such limiting ineffective.

ThrI->CntrlMode = Off (WOT)
ThrO->MinOut = 3.98V
ThrO->MaxOut = 4.99V

In V2 legacy mode the CA limits by reducing the controller input voltage below that of the operator throttle. The settings above restrict the CA to limit in the range 4.6v to 5.6v which is too high to affect normal operator throttle operation (in the range 1v to 4v) - so limiting is effectively disabled even though the CA is still trying to do so. The diode drop (either Schottky or regular diode) present in the throttle circuit in V2 legacy mode raises the effective CA limit voltage 0.3v to 0.6v over the configured values.

EDIT - This info has been added to the Guide (Errata doc)...

Thanks for the additional info. Legacy v2 mode is exactly what I wanted here. The v3 features are for future upgrades :)

Trev Im currently having similar issues as I play with the hall/phase combos with my lyen 18fet too.

I read somewhere there's some resistor that needs to be added but thats too high tech for me/

My problem was throttle didnt work through ca, so i put it straight to the controller and then ca doesnt read amps etc.

it only seemed to work in legacy mode too.

If I connect the ca but pull out the green pin will my readings start working or what?

Back