Do i trust this website?

stijn13

10 mW
Hey,
i am looking for a new e-bike.
I found this site's, but i don't know if it is trustable.

- http://www.longool.com/?HPC-XC-4-ELECTRIC-26-BIKE-BICYCLE-2000W-MOTOR-51V-BATTERY-17-19-21-p2627.html
- http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-WATTS-GIANT-ELECTRIC-BIKE-3200-PEAK-WATTS-DUAL-DRIVE-/261317360817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd7ba7cb1

Stijn

The second one looks like some guy selling something. Two motors needs a lot of battery to run it, and I don't see a lot of battery on that one.

High Powered Cycles is turning out some nice stuff lately. They sell it pretty aggressively, but if you ride it normal it should last. No telling who that is selling that bike. I'd contact HPC in the USA and ask about it before sending that site money.

The first is just full of BS. Gearless motor with no drag, etc., etc. Still, at 1/3 the price from HPC, it might be a good deal.
http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2014-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

The second is just a pair of GM MP motors on a bike that someone has put together. You're paying for that and $200 shipping. Range is probably grossly exaggerated or based on 10mph with pedaling. But at least you know what you're getting.

That is the reasen thad i dont trust the first site.
This was the ansfer from hi-powercycles.

"Any site, besides our authorized dealer, are scams. Every one of our bikes are made here in our shop in Los Angeles. "

Still if the are not the original parts. It still seems a good deal. If they deliver!!!

stijn13 said:
That is the reasen thad i dont trust the first site.
This was the ansfer from hi-powercycles.

"Any site, besides our authorized dealer, are scams. Every one of our bikes are made here in our shop in Los Angeles. "

Still if the are not the original parts. It still seems a good deal. If they deliver!!!
What do you expect them to say? They obviously have lots of overhead, if any of that is true. Pretty much all the parts, including the bike are probably made in China. They may assemble them here, but I'd bet if they do, it's just the minor part of final assembly. The HPC clone does look like a good deal for a complete ebike. Still a lot more than I spent on my bike in sigline.

The integration of the battery bag into the frame looks great. Other sellers could take note. I agree with the posting that all the parts of hi power cycles bikes (the other one in the US) likely come from China, regardless of where they are assembled.

They are over-selling the battery and motor with so many superlatives it is hard to read through the advertising BS. The bike components look reasonable, but will depend on your purpose. The variation in battery quality is pretty significant so you could get less than a deal there. There isn't any information about the controller that I could find. I don't see how the motor can be what is commonly called "direct drive" AND at the same time freewheel with no drag. It is either one or the other, unless they have a different definition of "freewheel" and "direct drive".

I am sure this bike would be well suited for my purposes; commuting and errand-running in cushy comfort at reasonable speeds and throttle use. It is not the super-high end bike they are marketing it as, but if you put one together yourself from new parts, you'd spend about as much. I don't know how much shipping is, but presumably it is not trivial so factor that in to the actual price.

The bike I ride is pretty much this bike in terms of my use. I probably spent about the same amount. It isn't the fat-daddy-bomb they claim but looks reasonable for average use. The price seems fair, but will depend on shipping.

Because i don't have a lot of experience, it's difficult to trust cheape sit's
Would you trust them? Or do you know better sits?

it's not that i am looking for something very special.
Im looking for acommuter to drive to work (35Km) Speed 45KM/h. flat roads

So my idee whas 1000W 15Ah LIFEPO4 bat.
butt when i found this site i so that there is no difference between the 1000W en 2000W.
And for this price i cant do it myself because in europe it's hard to find +500W parts so everitime i have to order and pay shipping.

already a thanks for reading

stijn13 said:
Because i don't have a lot of experience, it's difficult to trust cheape sit's
Would you trust them? Or do you know better sits?

it's not that i am looking for something very special.
Im looking for acommuter to drive to work (35Km) Speed 45KM/h. flat roads

So my idee whas 1000W 15Ah LIFEPO4 bat.
butt when i found this site i so that there is no difference between the 1000W en 2000W.
And for this price i cant do it myself because in europe it's hard to find +500W parts so everitime i have to order and pay shipping.

already a thanks for reading

The bike you specified (1000W, 15 Ahr) is the right one for your use (although I might want a few more Ahr to do 35 Km unless I were going to be very easy on the throttle); If this battery is 10 Ahr, it will DEFINITELY not go 35 Km. I have a battery of similar voltage that is a 10 Ahr battery and its range is about 25 Km, MAX, with a few hills to climb. It may or may not go 45 Km/hr but that is a reasonable speed so it probably will. I would not trust any web ad. The cost to put up an ad on the internet is about 0, and mailing it to you in Belgium means you have no recourse if it is not what they claim. Unless you find a number of people with a positive experience, I would not order based only on this ad. I have gotten stuck twice on items drop-shipped from China that turned out to be fraud. That is not to say there are not very reputable dealers in China (like Ping for batteries), but it is true that there is a serious lack of accountability and you are at the mercy of the good will of the vendor. There is nothing you can do but eat the cost if something goes wrong. In my case, it was only US$200. This is a lot more than that. The best option is to buy from someone in-country. That failing, someone out of country who has a good reputation.

On the other hand, if you have the money to blow, you will be a good test case for the rest of the crowd!

I feel your pain ordering from Europe.

pdf said:
On the other hand, if you have the money to blow, you will be a good test case for the rest of the crowd!

I feel your pain ordering from Europe.

haha, I will think about it.

hey,

The first website has a Trust Score of 0%, if you just type longool.com in google you get already some warrnings.
After some contact and research with the sellers, they suggested a western union money transfer.

If there is one thing I know, it is not to trust western union transfers.

Stijn

I would be really cautious about both bikes. Both bikes really over inflate their range. For what you want the 1000w 15ah setup would be fine.

Enclosed is a photo of a bike they built for me and another after i modified it with a schlumph and motocycle rims/tires

paid over 9000.00 for bike
as you can see,it has good components
I really put bike to task,taking it up hills a hub motor was not designed to do
burnt out wiring in controller one time,another time wiring connections too motor,another time connections in motor (all on same hill)
each time,they repaired wiring and made it better(no charge)....the motor amazingly works fine after all that a 4065 vented crystalyte
the wiring job was shitty no doubt,but i was one of their first customers with this type of bike so there is always a learning curve
the bike handles great now the only real problem is the batteries seem to have taken a shit on me after less than 100 charges (they are checking on it now)
I need more range anyway (9.6 AH pack now going to 15 or so they said they would work with me on that we will see)
my bike is 90 volts
93 pounds
hits about 50mph with schlumph pedaling too can cruise at 45mph with pedaling
my tires/rims added a lot of weight and lost some top end speed but i do not get flats or wear on my tires now

Attachments

• phasor bike.jpg
    phasor bike.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2,406
sk8norcal said:
korpin said:
Enclosed is a photo of a bike they built for me and another after i modified it with a schlumph and motocycle rims/tires

what does you post have to do with this thread???

the bike was built by the website in question

sk8norcal said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-4000w-electric-bike.html
I wish someone would buy one of these. Let's face it. Pretty much every component including the batteries are made in China. These are probably exact duplicates of the HPC bikes. Probably made by the same company that sells HPc all there stuff, just without the huge markup. My bike with it's 1000W motor and peak 4000W power cost under $700 to put together before I spent $60 for a new seat and $50 for a windshield, so these prices don't look to be so far out that they couldn't be legit even if the specs are exaggerated.

+1! Exactly my thoughts on this issue.

I wish someone would buy one of these. Let's face it. Pretty much every component including the batteries are made in China. These are probably exact duplicates of the HPC bikes. Probably made by the same company that sells HPc all there stuff, just without the huge markup. My bike with it's 1000W motor and peak 4000W power cost under $700 to put together before I spent $60 for a new seat and $50 for a windshield, so these prices don't look to be so far out that they couldn't be legit even if the specs are exaggerated.

sk8norcal said:
okkkay, read some of your past posts...

somehow you expected us to know that your Phasor was built by HPC ?? :?:

and this thread is about a suspicious ad selling HPC ebikes for dirt cheap by Longool, a Chinese company.

so again, how exactly is ur post relevant ?

oh I thought he was asking if he could trust HPC....hoewerver I did contact HPC and here are their words: "Yes, they are are pictures, but not our bikes lol. We can't stop them! They are everywhere. I think they even had stealth bomber up there for $950. We have had a couple people get scammed already."

-Chris

as i suspected, its bogus.

see here,
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53816&p=830079#p830006

if anyone stil thinks its real,
here's a Stealth Bomber for only $900... :wink:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electric-Bike-Stealth-Bomber-Mountain-Bicycle-NEW-80km-Per-Hour/1510042108.html

wesnewell said:

You can purchase these using paypal. Is it really a scam? I don't think so. Unless you think paypal will scam you too.

wesnewell said:
You can purchase these using paypal. Is it really a scam? I don't think so. Unless you think paypal will scam you too.

I trust paypal only marginally more than people demanding cash in small denomination unmarked bills...

Never have been able to successfully get a refund on Paypal, even though once, I had a letter from Paypal's parent company, eBay, telling me that the seller had been shut down for fraudulent behaviour, and I should be seeking a refund.

Back