Re: Street LEGAL Custom Bomber build! :-)

Finally, the lights are finished and so is the electrical harness. :)

All that remains is one single piece to fix the headlight on to, this is currently being manufactured.

2dsollc.jpg

28rilba.jpg

The blinkers sit at the handlebars end and can be controlled via this aluminum box machined just yesterday.

The switches functions from left to right

1. Blinkers ( left/right)
2. DC-DC converter on/off
3. Regen button ( Green of course )
4. Headlight 3 way control switch ( High beam/off/low beam )
5. Speed limit switch ( 45 km/h and 4 Kw )

aadcfp.jpg

2mopegj.jpg

Got rid of those bicycle handlebars and installed a motocross one. Gives better control over the bike and keeps me sitting more upright and thus comfortable.
The rear red light shines brighter once the brake lever is pulled.

2m4rps9.jpg

The Stealth Bomber just had to be chosen as a reference for this custom built version. I believe it´s the worlds most desirable e-motor-bike. Still without any competition and going strong. Keep it running John! :mrgreen:

Just did another test ride today. Love the regen. Incredible that when using it from roughly 87 km/h to an almost complete stop it generates about 3,1 Kw of braking power.

Beautiful Dlogic. You set a great example for all of us.

What caused you to settle on a right side kickstand? After 45 years of kickstands on the left, I'd probably fall down just trying to mount the bike from the other side.

The kickstand sits on the right side because the spring loaded street legal stuff for the left wiggles up and down when ridding over rough terrain.

My right side version folds inwards and locks tightly. It also looks more stealthish as it hides under the swingarm instead of sticking out and stretching over the rear wheel.

The German Tüv however want´s the spring loaded self retracting version on the left side. There´s one waiting in my workshop to get fixed to the bike today. After they hopefully approve the bike as street legal it will be replaced by the right side version once again. :)

Hey Allex, the hydraulic hose was cut to insert an hydraulic pressure switch.

Finished the bike today!! Next year the Tüv will do the final inspection.
Made the head light clamp out of sheet metal

im8084.jpg

Then welded the pieces together.

rbe7w2.jpg

Here´s the resulting piece attached to the light

xb9ybn.jpg

2hi5ld0.jpg

Please welcome " Cube ". ( Custom Bomber ) :mrgreen:

161bznp.jpg

We had a wonderful winter day with lots of sun inviting both bike and builder to go for a ride to a nearby castle.
A total distance of 43 km was ridden in absolute tranquility on an almost deserted bike path.
I was frozen stiff upon coming back home. :)
Only 9,7 Ah were used for the trip and 0,874 regained using the regen function.

55kuhv.jpg

Thanks guys. To overcome boredom a new build has just been started. It´s time to use some of the many components that are cluttering up my workspace. :mrgreen:

E-Bike #5.
This time custom everything. My own design.

1. Pinion P1.18
2. 98 cells
3. Custom frame
4. X-5405 ( hopefully coming next year )
5. Motorcycle rims
6. Full suspension
7. Visible electronics as a design element.

But first it´s time to enjoy x-mas and party with my friends at our place entering the new year together.

Looks nice and tidy! i built a liscensed bicycle 6 years ago gas :oops: but it was alot of work-hassle doing it.im a hack using hacksaws and files,youre build is pro! :D best ive seen to date,excellent work dlogic.

Attachments

• carbidelamp002-1.jpg
    carbidelamp002-1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 6,695
--Thanks to Beast 775 and all the others for the positive feedback. :mrgreen: --

Although officially finished, one is never satisfied. So this time it´s the rims and tires i don´t like.
Not that they don´t do what they where made for, but they could do much better.

That´s why some 18 inch Excel rims are on their way to my home, custom cut spokes and these Heidenau tires that have already arrived. :)

2w5vodj.jpg

rms6c7.jpg

161krk1.jpg

They will replace the Maxxis Hookworms.

Just finished drilling the side covers to vent the motor.

The 38mm holes have been covered by 8 aluminum discs manufactured on my lathe featuring a total of 608 small 3,2mm holes. These prevent big debris from getting inside. :mrgreen:

10erg38.jpg

qwx2yf.jpg

Motorcycle spokes are already here too. Once the 18 inch Excel motorcycle rims arrive it´s time to lace up the wheels.

The front hub has been modified to fit these bigger spokes. :)

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your build and journey. I definitely like the small BMX style looking bikes better. Great shop skills too wish I was that good!

Did you actually buy a milling machine, lathe and tig welding system?

The battery medics $12 on HobbyKing definitely work well and I actually prefer them over the $30 astro blinky and the Common Sense RC Balancer $20. In the beginning the HK battery medic they seemed like there was a burning smell but after a few times using it. It works well. I've ruined a few batteries as they became unbalanced after a run and I would charge them straight and they would just remain "unbalanced" for the entire time. Not until I figured out that after a run it's best to plug each battery into a battery balancer to get the voltages all the same per cell and then re-charge. Now all my batteries work great.

Wow the turn signals and brake lights are awesome! You are street legal! lol

Yes, she rides on Heidenau 18 inch motorcycle wheels now.

Handles so much better then before with the bikes tires. :)

2a4r2f6.jpg

6xqc5c.jpg

2dt1uad.jpg

Here´s the old 24 inch front wheel with a Maxxis Hookworm tire compared to the 18 inch Heidenau K65. The wheel diameter is almost identical. Top speed is still the same. :twisted:

Beautiful!

Can i ask how much Cube now wights? (with or without battery {what battery is it?})
Was the upgrade to MC tires and rims required for the TUV?

Thanks. :)

The bike did get a bit heavier with these tires and rims. Current weight is 57 Kg.

Bicycle tires just don´t feel save at these speeds. Furthermore they never transmitted the security and control these babes do. :mrgreen:

Heidenau approves these tires for a max speed of 195 km/h and an axle weight of 180 KG. :twisted:

Very tidy and clean build. Respect to the self made frame!

what battery configuration do you have? sorry but i could not read it out..
I like the turn signals in the handlebar. No need to put a second pair of turn lights to the rear. They will be also seen good from behind.
Is the metal sheet under the rear light a holder for a coming number plate? :)

57kg is a bit heavy i think, but aside from this its perfect...

Back