CA v 3 full throttle

botz244

10 W
i had an incedent with full throttle upon start up with Ca v3 and a 24 fet controller with a cromotor. Ive been using this set up for bout a week bout 14 time and no problems ,throttle is thru the CA the starups have been fine till yesterday .Ca has the start up screen and then blank screen and full throttle.tryed three time unplugged motor and still same but i can getinto the setting,there way off like 794 inch wheel and 70kw limit ,and i see the throttle is at 11% so i reset it to zero and plug the motor back in and it works fine still no screen .i shut every thing down and tun it back on start up screen and then blank nothing on the screen and back to full throttle. Anyone else with these kind of problems. its a good thing i was outside, 18s2p full studs and 4.8 tires.

That's scary. I have a 24 fet controller and cromotor and v3 ca. I was going to use CA to drive the throttle directly. There are 3 approches to this. I'm using the first approch listed in the ES unofficial ca3 guide on page 45 and that is swapping the green wire on the ca dp input to the green wire input on the controller throttle input. I might wait to see how your situation plays out because direct thottle control requires that mod to the ca connector. I'm glad u were outside because our ebike setups are no toys. Look what happened the first time I powered up and accidently bumped the throttle. My bike went airborne in my garage, flipped and landed upside down on my regular bike and taco'd the rims.

IMG_20131102_183823.jpg

Personally driving the throttle directly from the CA was always a bit risky for me. Especially with that many things the CA is doing in addition to translating the throttle to the throttle input of your controller.

I think what they had on the CA v2 was great in terms of throttle control. But I do understand why Justin did it. He wanted to interface everything, making the CA V3 as the nexus of everything.

I just got the CA 3 to smooth out quirky chinese throttles by running the throttle with the CA and that is all I would control with it. I must admit I'm a bit spooked now.

What type of throttle are you using? Pot or Hall? Has the throttle gone cactus and is it showing the wrong output when 5V is fed to it. If its a pot has it shorted to ground?

Many things can cause this other then a CA V3, i have had one running a 36fet since the V3 came out with no problem, i have had others running 2x24fets as well, only time its gone full throttle by accedent is when i frocked up a throttle connection, so i think its more likely to be your actual throttle has gone bad.

yep the throttles fine i can plug it directly to the controller 24 fet and my other 12 fet conrtollers and its runs fine. im getting a com cable set up so i can reflash the ca and make shur its up to date. im getting a remote on off switch on the handle bars so if the throttle does go awall 95 lbs of bike wont hurt its self

Could it have anything to do with this document? It mentions the possibility of runaway throttles??

CaV3_UUG_3-0p6-a-err2.pdf
Errata (released 2013-11-30) for Unofficial User Guide v3.0p6-a
(261.45 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

no i was running this set up for bout a week nothing has changed.when you power up the controller ,i see the startup screen then it goes blank and then full throttle or 11% with me not on it ,not good. i can remove the motor and get into the setup screen and see that the throttle has 11% on but cant change anything els. the guys here say that its an eeprom problem and i need to reflash it .i dont have a cable and goin to make one or find one here

When I first set mines up i had a run away throttle issue. I read the manual and some threads on es and got down to the bottom of it. Changed a few settings and voila. I happen to like the CA v3 it has changed my life. I love that thermal limiting. I love how it smooths out the throttle to where its not a wheelie machine and gets rid of the dead zone. This would be a good time to shoot an email to ebikes.ca. Seems like you may need to retweak a setting.
Sometimes the magnet in the throttle becomes loose and changes position so your throttle may need to be remap to adjust to the magnets new position.Just a thought.

If you change it to pass through and also set it up in legacy mode it should pass your throttle signal through this way you can test if its the throttle or the CA. It seems that the throttle low voltage start threshold is set to high like it maybe off a tenth of a volt or two. Once you change that value the throttle will have a true 0 Value instead of 11%

yep icecube ive been running this setup for a week and had no problems and was getting around to the ramp settings. i can use the throttle just fine after i rework the settings but as i unplug the batterys and plug them back in it goes back to no screen and reset the wack settings.even with the 30inch tall 4.8 tires its a wheelie king even with me pushing 270 with all my winter gear.yep stepping up to the 8ah batterys and going18s3p

Back