Looking for BMS with adjustable HVC (and LVC)

kiwipete

100 mW
I want to make my life simpler (as far as charging my little LiPo pack is concerned) and am looking for a 12S or 14S BMS that will allow me to turn the HVC down to 4.1V and increase the LVC to 3.6 or 3.65V.

Is there such a beastie?

That smart bms comes programed, or you can buy them from a trusted european forum member set however you want. Not for the same price though, he has to program and test them, after paying just the same as us to get them. I reckon he would put some leads on though to make it plug n play if you asked. Bmsbattery send them set to your provided cell count and your chosen voltage thresholds. I have seen three from them, but they didn't actually get one right. I pay about $75 delivered from my european neighbour now.

I use them 12s lipo. It couldn't be simpler.

Read the oz890 threads. That is the smart bms.
edit: The main thread is mostly about building custom kit to programming one, which is of no interest right now. Someone else can do that for you. The thread is full of useful info too though. Both diagrams and examples.
Bestec will also set there units to your requested voltages.

friendly1uk said:
That smart bms comes programed, or you can buy them from a trusted european forum member set however you want. Not for the same price though, he has to program and test them, after paying just the same as us to get them. I reckon he would put some leads on though to make it plug n play if you asked. Bmsbattery send them set to your provided cell count and your chosen voltage thresholds. I have seen three from them, but they didn't actually get one right. I pay about $75 delivered from my european neighbour now.

If you don't mind me asking: who is the 'trusted european forum member'?

kiwipete said:
friendly1uk said:

If you don't mind me asking: who is the 'trusted european forum member'?

I will have to answer you by pm. He is a student. It's up to him to come forward publicly.

yep, it's me. I can of course give you a pcb to connect all of your packs in series+parallel. I have boards for:

12s2p, 12s3p and 12s4p, either for 4s or 6s bricks. 4s is more common since they are available in a hardcase package and they are cheaper... also the HXT plug are plug play with three 4s bricks in series fo a 12s pack.
I can also make a heatsink and solder 4110Fets so you can use them for 60A cont. /100 A burst discharge if you like.

Testing+calibrating+solder parts that bmsbattery "forgot" is always included.

This is a 12s2p board for a 4s-bricks 44.4V/10ah "triangle" pack... the BMS+cables are in the marked triangle.

Attachments

• balancer_connector_pcb.jpg
    balancer_connector_pcb.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,388
  • triangle.jpg
    triangle.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,388
Back