New Zealand represent

Projectitis

100 mW
Hi all,

Interested in hearing from other New Zealanders who frequent these forums!
What are the good suppliers (local or otherwise) for ebike stuff? - especially now with the import rules on batteries (dangerous goods?). Are there any local forums/sources of info?

I ride a scratch-built custom escooter in Palmerston North. Basically no hills, but the wind more than makes up for it :( Currently 1000W sensored gearless Golden Motor equivalent (from kit) with 48V 20AH Duct-tape battery on kit controller. 20" wheels, so max speed of just shy of 50km/h. The next one is being planned at the moment which will hopefully sport the Crystalyte TC100 using 72V worth of EIG ePLB battery modules. The most difficult part for sure will be sourcing those batteries.

Cheers,
Peter

I'm from Auckland, and recently converted my bike.

Got all my bits from overseas (cell_man and hobbyking for LiPo batteries) so don't know much about local suppliers, sorry.

I found that getting the stuff into NZ (including batteries) was not a problem.

BTW, nice looking scooter!

Peter.

There is a forum for NZ e-bikes but it keeps on being taken over by spammers
http://ev.geek.nz/index.php?sid=690e37c6f0ae55f4fee210c890378afc

Al

Kiwi thread! The search function works,

I'm in Auckland, just joined, starting with a longboard conversion, but I have big plans . . .

Anyone in town who wants to have a beer and talk copper and magnets and lithium and bs is welcome to PM me . . . it'd be great to get the numbers up

Majyk

Back