Electrikhana 2014! March 8th, RAC Driving Centre

jonescg

100 MW
Hey everybody!

Electrikhana is back for 2014 and this year is going to be bigger and better than before!

It's on Saturday the 8th of March, which means more EV dealerships will be coming along. BMW will be promoting the new i3, I'll have Voltron Evo on display (in a sad state of non-completion) and there will be lots of opportunities for e-bikes, scooters and conversions to lay some darkies on the skidpans :D

Entry is $4, Entry+unlimited test-drives is $10. Kids under 12 are free. Barbecue and drinks available too.

All proceeds are returned to the Perth branch of the Australian Electric Vehicle Association. Venue hire is over $2000, so we hope to break even again.

More information and a detailed flier for the day is here:
View attachment Electrikhana 2014 official flier.pdf

A great photo from last year's event:
Ians RX7.jpg

shall bring my cruiser over, CHRiS... :wink:

KiM

I was really looking forward to coming to this one but im in the pilbara at that time :cry:

Yeah I'm spewing I can't go either, the 8th is my eta back into Brisbane :(

I'm sure it'll be a great day, have fun everyone :D

Paul

jesset33 said:
Will there be any test rideable motorcycles :)

I have spoken to Kevin Beale from Centopercento, the firm importing Zeros. We're pushing to have Zero's Australian debut at Electrikhana! It would mean flying a Zero over from somewhere else (probably anywhere else, since Australia must be the last nation on Earth to receive a production motorcycle) but I can assure them there's at least two people ready to buy one as soon as they throw a leg over it.

Shaping up to be a cracker of a day!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and relativity new to the E vehicle scene, over the last four months I have converted a Hyosung GTR 250 to electric, I will be riding this bike down to the Electrikhana on the 8th.

Some details:- Golden Motor 10Kw motor, 96 LiFe 04 15 amp cells, current range 47kms, at between 60 and 70 kmhr, top speed 134kph. and heaps of fun. see you all next Saturday :)

Chris.

Great to see you here, Chris. And it will be great to catch up at Electrikhana too!

The AEVA is having a stall at the Hyde Park Fair on Sunday. We're handing out fliers for Electrikhana that weekend, so come on down if you have the time.

I'm about to knock off after a busy day on the ship. Should be back in Perth by Saturday, or Monday at the latest.

Same as with cars a current bike license will required to test drive any electric motorcycles and or scooters I presume CHRiS?

And laps on the track with e-bikes...allowed? if so, flat track higher speed setup well have to be implemented
I.e change a single sprocket....start duct tapping more batteries to your frames frock bois lmao

while i have Drz attention, what safety gear will be minimum requirement? will we need a motorcycle helmet, if so... I need to borrow one and gloves...lol

cya there peeps...

KiM

We did have to fill out a disclamer form and present drivers license last year but it is private property (I think) so not sure if open class bike will be required. Last year was great so looking forward to this one

no drivers license, just a learners permit which I have misplaced somewhere lol

Jesse, I'm sure if your allowed on track with your frock bike it will putt about nicely
just move to the left when i lap you there's a good lad bwahaha :p

KiM

Yeah not sure if it was just for I.D. or experience, but the cars were pushed hard as was a pink scooter I rode, hate to think what would happen if someone grabbed a handfull on a Zero, maybe a bit like LFP's dangerous bike

[youtube]0JtW3rhfCE8[/youtube]

Bumpity bump!

Electrikhana is on tomorrow at the RAC Driving Centre! Get along, gates open at 9 am. We will have two Tesla Roasters! A sweet electric go-kart, a farmbot, lots of conversions, iMiEVs, Leafs, two Volts, scooters e-bikes and more!

Do yourself a favour and get along! Bring a friend, bring the family, and bring your e-bike if you have one ;)

Chris - 0 4 2 2 1 9 1 5 1 1

Big thanks for organising the event Chris! I had a ball and being able to drive the cars and ride the bikes was awesome. The trouble is that now I've ridden Rod's phasor I now need a more powerful motor in my bike!

The Tesla was very impressive but the surprise for me was how good the leaf and volt were.

Looks a bit odd without an 8 in it!
20140308_124119.jpg

This onee was basic but fun!
20140308_121703.jpg

Queuing to go for the laps...
20140308_121655.jpg

Rod and Matt having a blast
20140308_125040-1.jpg

Not sure but i have a feeling that Matt may be overcompensating with his excessively looooong bike! :)
20140308_125042-1.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Electrikhana 2014 was a huge success, with well over 350 people coming through the gate. Best of all, over 150 people signed up for test-drives! There was a strong media presence too, so watch out for the 7:30 report later in the week, as well as Zoom TV for a short interview on my bike.

Thanks for spreading the word far and wide, and bringing your e-bikes along!

EK2015 is going to be huge!

Cheers,
Chris

jonescg said:
Thanks Guys!

Electrikhana 2014 was a huge success, with well over 350 people coming through the gate. Best of all, over 150 people signed up for test-drives! There was a strong media presence too, so watch out for the 7:30 report later in the week, as well as Zoom TV for a short interview on my bike.

Thanks for spreading the word far and wide, and bringing your e-bikes along!

EK2015 is going to be huge!

Cheers,
Chris

I thoroughly enjoyed the day Chris. Both Phasors held up well and they were a hit. Lost count but each bike must have been out at least 20 times.

Looking forward to 2015

wow that looked like an awesome day. i only just signed up to 'endless sphere' today so i missed out

great event indeed! done fantastic electric car & motorcycle conversions, if only i had
$$$ I would electrify my Ute!

thanks too CHRIS for organising the show, great job mate!

look forward to 2015 Electrikana!

KiM

Back