Question re Cycle Analyst (V2.3)

kiwipete

100 mW
I have a MTB with a standard MAC kit with the 25A 6Fet controller.

I also recently purchased the Cycle Analyst V2.3 (also from cell_man) and I'm pretty happy with it.

One thing doesn't seem to be working properly though: I've set the CA Max Amps to limit the amp to 15A. Yet after a ride Ive seen AMax values of 19,20 and 22A. So it doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?

The C.A. amp limit has a slight delay in cutting back the power. Anytime you need high current such as taking off from a dead stop or even when you try to accelerate quickly while moving the peak amps can go beyond the set point but will quickly return to the set parameters.

captain387 said:
The C.A. amp limit has a slight delay in cutting back the power. Anytime you need high current such as taking off from a dead stop or even when you try to accelerate quickly while moving the peak amps can go beyond the set point but will quickly return to the set parameters.

In the CA's settings, you can actually tweak that delay in response for the amp limiter. Reducing the delay can lower the overshoot . Mine is set to 39 amps and over shoots to 43 under specific situations. 15 amp to 22 amps seems a little high overshoot.

Wishes

Back