Anybody try these hills on your e-bikes?

My Crystalyte 5403 and 24 Fet 100amp could conquer that Hawaiian one no problem :p

Wouldnt have that much range though haha. Also would be worried about it heating up.

I couldn't view that page for some reason. I ride some pretty steep dirt roads, and have one bike that can handle 15 degrees, finally stalling out at about 20 degrees. Once past 15% I start thinking in degrees instead. 20 degrees is a blue ski run.

It won't do that grade for long though, but will climb 500 vertical feet of it without melting down. Length of the grade is a big deal though, I've melted small motors on 8% grades that were long enough.

A few short and steep hill/banks on my commute to and from work. I guess these are around a 45% grade and I cant get up them without a little angle to help me out. But I'm only running 16 for now.

[youtube]W1e9EL-mCFE[/youtube]

I was planning to do the 3rd one in the picture. It's the steepest one near me. The weather is just about good again with DST coming around the corner. I think I will attempt it on my HT3525 soon. Shouldn't really be a problem, I don't think.

Jeez, I just looked up that thread and it was 1.25 years ago. :shock:

One street here close by is 32%. It is not very long, yet killed one of my H motors. I ride it often with the cromotor and the X54. In the winter it is very dangerous, happened that some parked cars suddenly started slipping down and caused accidents. When it is snowy, no vehicle can go there, up or down.

It seems to depend on which source you use- it seems several places can make the same claim, at least in the UK.
Check out the second link which has been made one way. But why not up? I'm tempted to buy the book- this is from chapter 28 of the cycling guidebook 50 Quirky Bike Rides in England and Wales (Rob Ainsley, Eye Books 2008)- I kinda wonder about the others in it.

2806.jpg

The steepest in the UK is 35% for a small part.

2801.jpg

from chapter 28 of the cycling guidebook 50 Quirky Bike Rides in England and Wales.

Back