60MPH 11kW Qulbix Raptor

snellemin said:
Added Magicshine super bright rear light on the rear shock reservoir.
This is defiantly an amazing little light I used it on both of my e bikes there is a way to make it automatically turn on every time it gets power but I forgot how to do it.

Did you paint the inside of your brake rotor red or did it come that way? It looks pretty awesome!

The rotor came like that. Found it in the clearance bin at one of my local bike shops. My light didn't come with any instructions. Just came in a tube, with Y-splitter, extension cord and a head lamp mount.

I increased the phase current to 150 and the battery to 73A. That little bit made quite a difference in how the bike behaves. Torque went up and throttle is a bit more aggressive. Climbing power is better too. Time to mess with the throttle setting in the CA.

Went riding again today. Drilled a hole for a 3 speed switch that runs to the CA.
1st is basically off and it's for when I give it to a stranger. Somehow they always crab the the throttle first
2sn is 46% power limit
3rd is unlimited.
I still have the 3 speed switch to the controller as well.

I read a peak of 60C on the controller case and average 45C. The thermal pad between the chassis and controller work well. I touched the area where the controller is and it was warm. The motor was barely warm. Love the motor!

I finally found the correct shunt value of my Lyen controller. My CA reading matches what my charger puts back in. Value is 1.233 ohms.

That is a realy nice build snellemin !

You did an excellent work!

With all these great parts you have on that ebike i'm sure a 24 fets or a Kelly with 250+ phase amp would make you get the real EV grin !

It have everything except it could have more power like it deserve !! :wink:

Doc

Thanks Doc. A Kelly controller would be nice. But I wouldn't know how to install it and make it look nice on the bike.

snellemin,

can you tell me how many watt hours per mile you are getting? I am getting 55 Watts per mile the way I drive. I burn through a 1665 watt hour pack in about 20 miles or even less sometimes. 4.1 to 3.7 volts.

My setup is 15 6s 5000MAH turnigy packs. So I calculate 3.7 Volts * 5 AH * 6s * 15 packs = 1665 watt hour pack.

I am curious to see if you are also using up your batteries quickly. Could you tell me the watt hour of your pack also?

Thanks

My battery pack is about 780Wh...21s2p 5Ah lipo. But I charge only up to 4.15V which is around 96% capacity. Going to work in the morning I use around 1.3Ah in 6 miles. On my way home I use a bit more and end up with using a bit over 5Ah for 12 miles. So if I stay at 20mph, I could get 50 mile range. But going nuts with the throttle and I guestimate 12 mile range max. The Cromotor is a powerhog when you want it to be.

I had this guy chase me in his car and he was surprised that I was doing a steady 51-52mph. The usual questions came after that. Where do I get one, how much, what range etc. I myself am surprised that a 18fet has no problem pushing the cromotor that fast on only 21S. I'm not liking the crazy bobs at high speed. The Michelin's pilot sports are way better for this.

Made me a fender based of Mucky nutz. I used some privacy screen for an LCD monitor I had laying around. Still need to punch some holes in it to mount it.

I got me some 255mm rotors. These are big!!

This is the 203mm on top of the 255mm.

From the top: 160mm, 180mm, 203mm and 255mm on the bottom

Well, I broke my front caliper. The brake caliper broke by the screw mouthing holes. I ordered a new brake and some other adapters to take the side stress off. I'll see how well it does before spending money on some better brakes.

Here's a pic of the group of mountain bikers I rode with last week. I was the only Ebiker ofcourse. They took 4 breaks or so and I was barely breaking a sweat. Was a fun technical ride. The leader of the group build up my front wheel and works at the Bike Barn near my house.

I received my new bike seat assembly along with a new shock and shock bushings. Now I just have to find my bushing tool for that Rockshox

I installed my new bike seat assembly and tried out a new battery and phase current setting. Almost 11HP. Fun for offroad, but not so much for onroad.

My inner thighs don't rub anymore when pedaling with the new narrower bike seat assembly.

Messed around with the rebound setting on the Rockshox and like it much better. Spring is 350lbs, shock is 9.5 x 3.0.

Great Job on the build. I like the updates allot. Thanks much for taking the time to share it with the rest of us. Yes, I would imagine 11HP would be fun!

biohazardman said:
Great Job on the build. I like the updates allot. Thanks much for taking the time to share it with the rest of us. Yes, I would imagine 11HP would be fun!
Thanks for reading my "blog". If I had more free time, I would be done with this bike by now.

stevetooke said:
I may have missed it but where did you get the new "bike seat assembly"?
The slimmer one looks perfect
Qulbix had posted the new seat assembly and I jumped on it. I had to wait a bit, as it had to get painted to match my original assembly.

Messed around with the bike today. Swapped shocks and springs along with a new brake mount for more clearance.

Swapping springs. New spring is 400lbs. Left spring is 300lbs Titanium, center is 350lbs and right spring is 400lbs.

I just hang the bike when I work on the shock or drive train.

Shaving off some material from the original mount wasn't enough.

So as goofy as it may sound, I do like to pedal my Raptor around. So I wanted some more gears for the longest and decided to tackle this mission. The cheapo Chinese freewheel is destroyed when taking it off. Just had it open up the side cover and lift the assembly off. Ball bearings all over the place. Screwed on a Maillard 5 speed freewheel, with 14T being the smallest gear. I can only use 4 out of the 5 gears. The derailleur rubs on the motor side cover in 5th gear.

I used a cutting bit, 2x4, Royal Purple motor oil, vice and a router for a poor man's machining job. I got the 255mm rotor installed on the rear.

Back