Just can't trust cars (drivers)

dingoEsride

100 kW
Probably playing with a gadget

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-16/five-cyclists-seriously-injured-in-sydney-car-accident/5323980

No i don't. They have a potentialy deadly weapon and there are always some ugly frocks out there with some <30 IQ :wink:

And the "justice" penalty for the "deadly accidents" is only a maximum of 5 some countrys only 3 years. Mostly they get away without jailtime or only 3-4 years when its a multikill.
Without a right penalty there is no hope for more respect to vulnerable road users.

Well, could have been worse. The cyclists might have all been thumbing some device or other. (EVen pedestrians. Ya can't trust them. I don't EVen trust myself.)

But nEVer mind all that. That's a lovely vehicle (the one still standing). Who will pay for THOSE damages??? (Life is so unfair. But then, "life" is watt happens while making other plans.)

Perhaps some locals might have a marriage ceremony. They can run over that vehicle operator "until death do they part".

And there are people who want to ban violent video games while actual carnage is ignored. Motorists should be scared and reluctant to even get behind the wheel for fear of 'discharging' their weapon upon an innocent.

Ha Ha yes sir LoCk, Life is temporary but I like to take my chances a bit further away from those hard metal critters

Hehe... Yah. I'm looking fwd to the special edition of Grand Theft Auto... the "GTA" (Greater Toronto Area) version.

For some drivers the saying "Engine on / Brain off" makes realy sense. :cry:

dingoEsride said:
Maybe they are scoring points like in an old 80's movie (cant remember title) for running over certain road users

Are you thinking of, Death Race 2000?
1975 classic. Not the modern repo's.
One of my childhood favorites. I must have been a twisted kid.
image.jpg

Brentis said:
dingoEsride said:
Maybe they are scoring points like in an old 80's movie (cant remember title) for running over certain road users

Are you thinking of, Death Race 2000?
1975 classic. Not the modern repo's.
One of my childhood favorites. I must have been a twisted kid.

Ummm... This is the Internet speaking. Please do not adjust your sets:
[youtube]7tZP3vIrWn0[/youtube]

They are not the first to be hit on that road !
..Not blaming the cyclists, they are just a few of 100,s that ride that road every week because the alternative routes to south Sydney are even worse....... but that road is a very busy "freeway" without even a breakdown lane in places , so that it is basicly dangerous to cycle on at any time.

That should be 13 prayers, one for each killed in Scotland last year doing just as us sharing the road with the cages, here in the state of Western Australia we had 6, a big state but less populated than Scotland, but as the song goes thats 6 too many and a death is too many in any country, there will be a law here making drivers stay a metre away from bikes when passing, hope it helps.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-17/improving-safety-for-cyclists/5326094?section=wa

EVerybuddy likes to play the odds, correct?

OK, as a gambler, two scenarios:
First scenario, a private vehicle operated by one (animal of your choice, but probably one of the genus of hominids) in pubic (sp?) spaces (one might call this option the "unknown scenario"),

And:
Second scenario, a larger vehicle (generally easier for other vehicle operators to see, operated along a regular route, usually on a regular schedule) with one operator (variety, see above), usually watched by and known to one or more guests ("passengers", who may or may not be drinking a cup of tea, etc.), said operators employment income is derived from and relies to a large extent upon maybe more extensive training and maybe much more experience operating (one, more often two or more different types of) vehicles, again across pubic (sp?) spaces.

Place your bets grrrls and laddies!

(I might suggest the poor pubic (sp?) vehicle operator be given their own spaces (their vehicles) to operate said vehicles in relative peace somewhere other than mixed in with the "rabble"/other private vehicle operators and pedestrians, most of the time, plus other relatively tiny vehicles and their operators, some of whom (the operators) may or may not be "crazy" at least some of the time (especially those sneaky ebiker-types), all who obviously MUST be "crazy" to risk their lives mixed up even part of the time with other waaay larger and heavier vehicles.)

I try to avoid cars and give myself a buffering zone...

One time when I was in a rush myself, I was going quite fast down this street with T section

Well They should of gave way to me, I was going down the straight, They pulled out right in front of me and the back wheel lifted almost 1 or more meters off the ground ( breaking hard), Lost balance and body kept going forward and got a nasty nut bashing, I came to a complete stop and avoided collision..

I reckon if I did not break and slammed into the car I would of been in hospital for sure.

The lady asked if I was alright......, Saw what happened and spoke out her car window.

I replied, Yeah of course I am fine and kept on riding with bad nut pain.

Back