Viewing post history: Re: The most advanced Adaptto Mini-E Controller + BMS

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: The most advanced Adaptto Mini-E Controller + BMS

Postby andreym » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

zombiess wrote:Can you switch over to 150v rated components? Running at max spec is unacceptable. Are you planning to build a version capable of running 24s LiPo?

Running at 100v is absolutely not recommended and the power will be limited if the voltage go higher than 92v on stock firmware.

mvly wrote:Just my opinion, I think they should use IRFP4568 FETs. They have low RDS and can go up to 150V.
If the 12KW version can come close in price with the ability to do 150V, I am definitely interested.

There is no way you can get more power using 150v FETs at the moment than 100v ones.
Simply calculate maximum current and power dissipation at the same current for IRFP4468 and IRFP4568
you will be surprised. because 150v ones have twice RDSon compared to 100v ones. This means in the same conditions you can only use half the current.
But wait a minute, you have only 1.5x the voltage, not 2x !!!

In total the most effective way to get maximum power is to go 100v FETs.
So to reach the required speed the only thing you need is correct KV of the motor.
12kw is not a big deal for MAX-E, use 22s lipo, set the current to max and you get it! Still having warranty!!

Want to go crazy?? no problem, Go 28S LiFePo4, charge them to 3.4v per cell (BMS allows to charge to any voltage you like) get 98% capacity and a sweet ~92v average voltage of the pack. Flash unlocked firmware and set battery current to 200amps - no problem, however you will loose the warranty this case, but have you thought about the warranty when pushing infineon controllers with 4110fets to 100.8v? of adding solder to shunt and program them for max currents? I do not think so....
Extreme overclocking usually does not mean you want to use it for years in all conditions but to get the maximum from existing hardware, no matter what happens tomorrow...
Edited by andreym on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm.
Avanti D8 CroMo frame, CroMotor :) + MAX-E controller. 18s10p zippy compact in Pelican 1300 case. 1.8kwhrs total usable capacity. - Deseased.
New bike will be posted soon here.
fast 1.2kw charger old GT iDrive e-bike
andreym
100 W
100 W

Original post: Re: The most advanced Adaptto Mini-E Controller + BMS

Postby andreym » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

mvly wrote:Just my opinion, I think they should use IRFP4568 FETs. They have low RDS and can go up to 150V.
If the 12KW version can come close in price with the ability to do 150V, I am definitely interested.

There is no way you can get more power using 150v FETs at the moment than 100v ones.
Simply calculate maximum current and power dissipation at the same current for IRFP4468 and IRFP4568
you will be surprised. because 150v ones have twice RDSon compared to 100v ones. This means in the same conditions you can only use half the current.
But wait a minute, you have only 1.5x the voltage, not 2x !!!

In total the most effective way to get maximum power is to go 100v FETs.
So to reach the required speed the only thing you need is correct KV of the motor.
12kw is not a big deal for MAX-E, use 22s lipo, set the current to max and you get it! Still having warranty!!

Want to go crazy?? no problem, Go 28S LiFePo4, charge them to 3.4v per cell (BMS allows to charge to any voltage you like) get 98% capacity and a sweet ~92v average voltage of the pack. Flash unlocked firmware and set battery current to 200amps - no problem, however you will loose the warranty this case, but have you thought about the warranty when pushing infineon controllers with 4110fets to 100.8v? of adding solder to shunt and program them for max currents? I do not think so....
Extreme overclocking usually does not mean you want to use it for years in all conditions but to get the maximum from existing hardware, no matter what happens tomorrow...
Avanti D8 CroMo frame, CroMotor :) + MAX-E controller. 18s10p zippy compact in Pelican 1300 case. 1.8kwhrs total usable capacity. - Deseased.
New bike will be posted soon here.
fast 1.2kw charger old GT iDrive e-bike
andreym
100 W
100 W

Return to Items for Sale - New