electric trial bike

rightside501.jpg

http://digitmototrials.com/

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
that is a super clean build!
& i see they are coming to market as well..
i wonder if they or anyone else will do liquid cooling next???
for a sealed yet cooled motor under wet conditions or submersion..
after all water crossings & water sections can be fairly prevalent in trial competitions..
:?:

Its a very well thought out bike its just a shame about the brushed motor, and the overall weight , but having said that, yes a watercooled brushless motor will not go a miss and then it will be the best one on the current market.. well for a little while anyway.. The guy that is making them is a novice rider ( I think ) so he needs to get a very good rider onboard and make some videos , I know the bike has the get up and go as it is.. but the $10k price tag will put people off. he needs a lot of orders to hopefully get the price tag down to more like the Trex price.

I Have had a good look at that and it does look to be a very well thought out chassis and a very tidy build. I wonder if the mudguards are borrowed?
It reads on their site like the bike is supplied with no cells in the battery housing and you have to add your own?

The battery is not included and I think this is a very good move as it makes things so much easier with less red tape to battle through. Everything is off the shelf except the main frame, swingarm, battery box and bodywork.

Nice ^^.. ( 20" )

its all good !!

just thought I would post a very early version of my current project in this thread aswell :lol: , I know its posted in another thread somewhere on this forum ( it may even be earlier in this thread.. :oops: )

dyno1.jpg

would love to see more video of your etrial in action, gwhy!
8)

gwhy! said:
Nice ^^.. ( 20" )

its all good !!

just thought I would post a very early version of my current project in this thread aswell :lol: , I know its posted in another thread somewhere on this forum ( it may even be earlier in this thread.. :oops: )

file.php

looks like a monster, but to be honest when I look at the size of the motor I get the feeling its too small?

correct me as I dont know that much about motors, but the bike looks heavy and will that motor power that weight? I hope so... because I dream of an off road beast like that.

John Bozi said:
looks like a monster, but to be honest when I look at the size of the motor I get the feeling its too small?

correct me as I dont know that much about motors, but the bike looks heavy and will that motor power that weight? I hope so... because I dream of an off road beast like that.

its only a 20" wheeled bike.. its the same size as the 20" oset, the motor looks approx the same size as the oset so it should be fine.

the beta etrial should be similar in size & performance to the oset 20"..
but the beta uses an all aluminum frame & swingarm so likely a bit lighter weight..
i cant wait to see next years bikes!.. 8)
will oset, beta, etc move up to 24" wheels???
because the test riders are getting bigger!
& will want more power, bigger wheels for rollover, etc..
:?:

gwhy! said:
John Bozi said:

its only a 20" wheeled bike.. its the same size as the 20" oset, the motor looks approx the same size as the oset so it should be fine.

This thread seems to be where a lot of the trials discussion is happening...

Been reading through posts on here regarding throttles/clutches: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/44194-full-sized-e-trials/page-4

I'm at the point where I'm getting quite a bit of wrist fatigue after each ride because I'm trying to throw the bike around while adjusting the throttle. I guess this is where a clutch is useful on trials bikes!

Switching to a magura throttle and cutting it in half has made a massive difference, the increase in throttle resolution and decrease in sensitivity combined with the ability to put a lot more weight on the handlebar has given me the confidence to improve my riding quite a bit, but I'm thinking it could be better.

What do you guys think about using thumb throttles, or rigging up a brake to work like a clutch?

bee said:
This thread seems to be where a lot of the trials discussion is happening...

Been reading through posts on here regarding throttles/clutches: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/44194-full-sized-e-trials/page-4

I'm at the point where I'm getting quite a bit of wrist fatigue after each ride because I'm trying to throw the bike around while adjusting the throttle. I guess this is where a clutch is useful on trials bikes!

Switching to a magura throttle and cutting it in half has made a massive difference, the increase in throttle resolution and decrease in sensitivity combined with the ability to put a lot more weight on the handlebar has given me the confidence to improve my riding quite a bit, but I'm thinking it could be better.

What do you guys think about using thumb throttles, or rigging up a brake to work like a clutch?

I dont think a thumb throttle will be any good because you you need your thumb to grip the bars, I have been using a pseudo clutch for a while now on a full size trials motorcycle and yes it works very well , but now have just started playing around with different throttle only configurations .

These bikes are insane, just makes me want to ride.. Really excited to hop on one.

http://www.antemene-one.com/images/electric-motion/EM%20-%202014%20-%20ENGLISH.pdf

This looks like really good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO7CF411_xM

i think both EM 5.7 and Kuberg Trex are going for around $7-10K..

bikerloosey said:
Do you have a price on this?

2014 Kuberg Trex :
the big bikes are coming! :wink: 8) :mrgreen:

1453445_10203042357598940_1782198979_n.jpg

994966_597723373597198_1274382464_n.jpg

annnd Electric Motion & Kuberg are rumored to be working on homologation kits..
so that you can get to the trial/ trail (legally) as well..

bikerloosey said:
I am freaking out this looks so fun.

[youtube]wO7CF411_xM[/youtube]

Well e-Motion claims it's 2014 models are homologated ... Price tag is reaching reasonable level, are we at least there ?

Back