New Bafang Crank-Drives

That controller problem you are taking about is a problem of the RPM control. At 72V it is not possible to get the throttle at the right possition just a little over the rpm you are doing right now, so that the controller is not pushing to hard. So you are under your "ride" rpm and the motor does nothing or you are over your "ride"rpm and it is pushing fill throttle to reach the rpm you want with the throttle.

What you need is current control! then you don't tell the controller I want exactly 2000rpm, you tell it I wan't that amont of power, no matter what rpm you are doing. That is a really big difference!
The chinese bicycle industrie is starting to understand that, we are at a turning point right now. The new sine-wave Controllers can do current controll, thats the ones you want to go for!

The BBS-Controller can do current control to, so it won't have problems with that rpm control but there are several other breakdowns the controller has. The soft start is making the throttle-response really bad...

em3ev sells them for $499 and has them programmed for no speed limit, fyi.

Is $69 extra worth it to buy from a non-sketchy company that understand the product? that is the question.

neptronix said:

Is $69 extra worth it to buy from a non-sketchy company that understand the product? that is the question.

Is Conhis Motor sketchy? - What's the verdict on them? - Their Shipping cost is quite a bit better than Paul's also.

The C961 display I received is for a standard 25.4mm bar diameter.
My MTB has oversized 31.8mm diamteter bars so doesn't fit.
I have mounted it on a wide bar cycle computer mount for now until I can get a new set of bars and headstem.

jateureka said:
The C961 display I received is for a standard 25.4mm bar diameter.
My MTB has oversized 31.8mm diamteter bars so doesn't fit.
I have mounted it on a wide bar cycle computer mount for now until I can get a new set of bars and headstem.

Just get one of these.

that is similar to what I am using, a long/wide bar cycle computer mount, but mine attaches to the stem clamp via a longer M6 screw.

Attachments

• BPW2960 computer bar mount.jpg
    BPW2960 computer bar mount.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 5,256
Has anyone else got the error 21, meaning speed sensor problem?
Is there a way to fix it? The magnet almost touches the sensor but it's not working. The magnet used to slide on spoke until I tightened it well.
Now my speed sensor does not flash the red light at all.
Maybe there a problem with connector (oxidation or something), or the sensor is busted (maybe the magnet hit the sensor), or the cable is broken. I don't know.
Please help, thanks

Edit*: I took a closer look and found out that the sensor was broken. When unplugging the sensor, the female part came off too revealing three internal contacts. one had a piece of glas. I believe it was the remains of reed relay.
I hope I can get a spare speed sensor from Amy.

To eride.
Eride,
I live in the US, near Los Angeles.
Your chainring solution for the BBSO2 is fabulous.
I would like to BUY one of your chainrings, 70T would be good
Please send an e-mail reply
My e-mail is : curt842@yahoo.com

Kai said:
I took a closer look and found out that the sensor was broken. When unplugging the sensor, the female part came off too revealing three internal contacts. one had a piece of glas. I believe it was the remains of reed relay. I hope I can get a spare speed sensor from Amy.

Green Bike Kit have them as spares!

Savvas

curt842 said:
To eride.
Eride,
I live in the US, near Los Angeles.
Your chainring solution for the BBSO2 is fabulous.
I would like to BUY one of your chainrings, 70T would be good
Please send an e-mail reply
My e-mail is : curt842@yahoo.com

Hi Curt842,

I think eride only makes the spiders to fit the BBS gear case and standard 130mm BCD chainrings. I believe the chainrings themselves that are shown in his posts are made by Allight. I know that they are available from Dutch Bike Bits. See: http://www.dutchbikebits.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=51_81&product_id=269 Not sure of other sources.

Savvas.

samsavvas said:
Kai said:
I took a closer look and found out that the sensor was broken. When unplugging the sensor, the female part came off too revealing three internal contacts. one had a piece of glas. I believe it was the remains of reed relay. I hope I can get a spare speed sensor from Amy.

Green Bike Kit have them as spares!

Savvas

Kai,
I had the same issue and still do. My speed sensor wasn't working, couldn't see anything obvious. I would just set the assist level before I started riding. Stinks not to be able to change settings without powering off/on and it was nice to see speed and such. I then broke the rear triangle which did in all the wiring, cut through all of them.

Savvas,
I see the extension on Green Bike Kit but not the actual sensor. Curious as to how much that part is. It might be worth it to have it again. Wonder if this is a flawed part. I had the kit for only a month or so before it went out on me.

I emailed CNE bikes and will post their reply about a replacement speed sensor.

BTW - the latest price is now $462 shipped for the 750w on aliexpress. How low can it go?

dirkdiggler said:
I see the extension on Green Bike Kit but not the actual sensor.
BTW - the latest price is now $462 shipped for the 750w on aliexpress. How low can it go?

My apologies - you are correct. My memory is failing a bit... I would cut to the chase and email Paul at em3ev and ask him about spares. I know he's very conscious about providing warranty support etc so I would expect him to know whatever there is to know about spare part replacements!

With regard to the apparently falling prices, I wonder if they might be driven down a bit by this crowd - http://www.tnabattery-ebike.com/?48V750W-Bafang-BBS01-02-crank-drive-motor-mid-motor-p197.html

Savvas

lazy_mosquito said:
Do you have any problems with the low ground clearance? Can you post a photo which shows clearly the clearance with the ground?
thanks
ShyjS4I.jpg

samsavvas said:
With regard to the apparently falling prices, I wonder if they might be driven down a bit by this crowd - http://www.tnabattery-ebike.com/?48V750W-Bafang-BBS01-02-crank-drive-motor-mid-motor-p197.html
It is unclear what you get there. The same page describes it as “BBS02” and :-
Full set:
1. BBS01 motor
2. Display
Interestingly there is some data there that provides an English interpretation of the Chinese headings on this specification from elsewhere.
bafang daten.jpg
This shows a single wind for the 36V 250W and 48V 250W BBS01 but two different winds for the 36V 500W and 48V 750W BBS02. Keppler suggested the 46V BBS02 is 9 turns at http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50104&p=836773&hilit=wind#p836773 which together with the data sheet implies the 36V 500W BBS02 is 7 turns.

neptronix said:

Just received three email responses in a matter of a couple hours from Jason at Conhismotor. - I asked if the BBS02 Kit they sell was Genuine, since their website photo does not show the 8FUN logo on it. Jason assured me that the Kit is Genuine, and sent me pics with the Logo and Serial Tag on the bottom of the unit to support his claim.

neptronix, you are correct, though, in that it's basically a $70 difference between CHM & em3ev. - That's a 12% savings for choosing a "sketcky" company.

I also asked about Custom Programming, and the kits they have now are limited to 40 km/h, and they don't have the software to reprogram, so in that respect, Paul has the advantage, with his "unlimited" speed kits.

That being said, a company can't establish itself if we don't give them a chance. I have to say I am tempted to roll the dice and see what I get. - I have a potential buyer for my current bike, and if that goes through, I'll give CHM serious consideration. - Someone has to be the guinnea pig...

Quick question. So I've received the unit, watched the video below, but cannot see him use the outer lockring (the right black one in the pics).

[youtube]jf6BMf28ats[/youtube]

How does that mount?

Attachments

• IMG_20140331_123355.jpg
    IMG_20140331_123355.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 5,038
  • IMG_20140331_123338.jpg
    IMG_20140331_123338.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 5,038
I just had two cheap-looking lock rings with my kit. Bafang must have changed the outer lock ring with the newer kits??? - Perhaps this will address the issue some of us have had with the lock-rings coming loose.

Hey Does anyone know what the max voltage the 750 watt 48 volt bafang crank drive can handle. I am looking at cell man"s batteries. the batteries I like are 14s apposed to 13s which is what the system is designed to work with.
The only reason I want to run more volts is because of the size of the batteries he offers. I need a 15 amp hour battery to make my round trip commute.
thanks
Joe

I believe you can run these up to 14S or 58.8V. - Or so I have heard. Can anyone confirm?

Note that Paul lists his 50V, 14S battery as a "related product" for this motor.

Back