5" or 6" pneumatic wheels.

beetbocks said:
I have tried fitting standard Skike Kids wheels (125mm diameter)with a drive pulley and it worked perfectly but the hubs are too long to fit on a standard skate truck- the axle is not long enough ( or the wheel hub is too long) and the nut wont go on.. so back to the drawing board..
The bearing size is perfect and the price is good at $18 a complete wheel/tyre/tube/bearing...pity!!
I am considering making some axle extension pieces maybe..which could also incorporate the motor mount..
I have also made some 150mm wheels that fit the skike tyre (150mm)- but again the cost for production is ludicrous..

Skike kids 125mm
IMG_2068_zps7a9bf5c9.jpg

IMG_2069_zpsff66deea.jpg

IMG_2070_zps51933b3c.jpg

my 5" wheels -and these will fit a standard skate truck. but im going to fit them to a MBS truck -i think.. to give the width and clearance on a deck.
IMG_1960_zps045f710e.jpg

Can the bearing seat in the skike wheel be milled narrower? How much too wide are they to fit a caliber axle?

yes the seat could be machined very easily but that means that all the wheels have to be machined..so defeating the point of being able to just buy a new wheel from anywhwere in the world...you see?
Hence why i am considering truck extensions...this also has the added benifit of giving a wider track width..for stability and wheel clearance..

Well, I just received a box of 6" pneumatic caster wheels! Sad to say they aren't exactly what I expected...The bearings in them are 10mm, and the outside diameter of the bearing is probably 28mm. I'll take a solid measurement a little later. It will probably be possible to machine a bearing seat/hub to fit in there and it will work on skate trucks width-wise. They have 8 spokes too which is going to be a problem with bolt spacing on my pulleys.

I'll let you know how it works out.

torqueboards said:
Post some photos of those wheels. I'd like to see haven't gotten a set yet.

Bam!
2014-05-05 19.09.55.jpg

Pow!
2014-05-05 19.10.13.jpg

I'm sure, you can find bearings that fit that size wheel that would then fit that 8mm axle on longboard trucks. Does it fit on a pair of trucks? I would also probably sand down the sides of the bearings and/or CNC them off. Modify them to fit. What's the width of the entire bearing + center + bearing? Size of the entire width of the wheel?

torqueboards said:
I'm sure, you can find bearings that fit that size wheel that would then fit that 8mm axle on longboard trucks. Does it fit on a pair of trucks? I would also probably sand down the sides of the bearings and/or CNC them off. Modify them to fit. What's the width of the entire bearing + center + bearing? Size of the entire width of the wheel?

We wont need to sand the bearings down as the width of the wheel with skate bearings fits skate trucks perfectly.

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
We wont need to sand the bearings down as the width of the wheel with skate bearings fits skate trucks perfectly.

No way! lol. That's amazing then. Put them on some trucks lol lets see them. That's def good news. LOL

Just need to figure out bearings or spacers..the hub is 28mm wide and 8.5mm deep on either side. Think it'll use a standard bearing spacer. Found 8x28x9 bearings but they all seem to be in HK or China.

torqueboards said:
No way! lol. That's amazing then. Put them on some trucks lol lets see them. That's def good news. LOL

For you Torque:

2014-05-05 21.10.02.jpg

Pediglide said:
maybe it'll be better to just use the MBS bearing and wrap the axle with a spacer with a bit of loctite inside...?

It wouldnt be big enough either. I just put it together to show torque a picture. Not ridable

Awesome psychotiller. Thanks again for those pictures. I'm definitely going to buy a set tomorrow morning LOL. What's the diameter of the bearing for that one? 8x28x9 exactly? Did you order your new bearings already?

Yeah psychotiller just used the skateboard bearings to show me the fitment. The yellow bearings are the standard 608 skateboard bearings.

I hope these 6 1/4" Pneumatic wheels ride well. That would be great news for being able to have a hybrid setup w/o having custom trucks to fit the MBS wheels!!!!!!!

Pediglide said:
maybe it'll be better to just use the MBS bearing and wrap the axle with a spacer with a bit of loctite inside...?

Or using the skate bearings you have there, find an aluminum or pvc pipe with a thickness that would fit the gap and shave a ring off the end of the pipe?

drmacgyver said:
Pediglide said:

Or using the skate bearings you have there, find an aluminum or pvc pipe with a thickness that would fit the gap and shave a ring off the end of the pipe?

There should be bearings that fit that entire diameter and have an 8mm hole. I believe, that's what hes getting.

torqueboards said:
Awesome psychotiller. Thanks again for those pictures. I'm definitely going to buy a set tomorrow morning LOL. What's the diameter of the bearing for that one? 8x28x9 exactly? Did you order your new bearings already?

Yeah psychotiller just used the skateboard bearings to show me the fitment. The yellow bearings are the standard 608 skateboard bearings.

I hope these 6 1/4" Pneumatic wheels ride well. That would be great news for being able to have a hybrid setup w/o having custom trucks to fit the MBS wheels!!!!!!!

Ok, so did the wheel come with bearings that have 10mm ID? Then maybe you could slip a spacer onto the 8mm axle to make it 10mm. To make sure the spacer stays put, you can coat the axle with Loctite before slipping on the spacer.

drmacgyver said:

That's what I think psychotiller is looking to do. Either you use a 608 bearing and as you said, find something that will fill the gap on the OD of the bearing; or you can use the existing bearing (10mm ID according to psychotiller) and fill the gap on the ID of the bearing, like I proposed.

torqueboards said:
There should be bearings that fit that entire diameter and have an 8mm hole. I believe, that's what hes getting.

There are bearings with 28mmOD, but not with 8mmID. MBS sells bearings size 9.5mm(10mm)ID x 28mmOD x 8mm Wide.

I see what your saying. If you can 10mm x 28 mm x 8mm then you could use 10mm axle trucks also https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/trucks/6111/176mm-Surf-Rodz-Raw-RKP-Precision-Longboard-Truck.html. A bit pricer though. Would be nice if there was a bearing w/ ease lol

torqueboards said:
I see what your saying. If you can 10mm x 28 mm x 8mm then you could use 10mm axle trucks also https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/trucks/6111/176mm-Surf-Rodz-Raw-RKP-Precision-Longboard-Truck.html. A bit pricer though. Would be nice if there was a bearing w/ ease lol

Holy s**t! Those trucks are tank-like! :shock:

drmacgyver said:
Pediglide said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Then also get some washers with 8mm id/ 28mm od to cover/keep the pvc seated. Good Job drmcgyver!

Pediglide, The bearings that came in those wheels are unlike any that I have ever seen. Oddly crimped together. They have a hub as well that sticks out and makes them too wide for skate trucks anyway. The're up for grabs though if anyone wants them.

Back