how to stop receiving email from site

z50king

100 mW
Hello, I am getting emails about replies to things I have written on this board. It has newly started and I cannot find out how to turn it off. Can anyone help me? These phpBB sites are all a little different and I can't find the right page in control panel.

I also cannot find a site related help board to put this thread in.

Thank you,
Eric

Okay, upper left under board index, you see 'User Control Panel.' Click that, then there's tabs, click 'Board Preferences.' To the left there'll be 'Edit posting defaults.' Where it says "Notify me upon replies by default." It would say "Yes," so you click "No."

Don't forget to click "Submit." I almost forget to mention it.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

z50king said:
Hello, I am getting emails about replies to things I have written on this board. It has newly started and I cannot find out how to turn it off. Can anyone help me? These phpBB sites are all a little different and I can't find the right page in control panel.

I also cannot find a site related help board to put this thread in.

Thank you,
Eric
Under "User Control Panel", "Overview", there is "Manage subscriptions". These show a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button. Have a look here to see if you have subscribed to Topics, somehow, and delete your subscription/ bookmark?

EDIT: I think the post above is probably more relevant!

Dauntless said:
Yeah, but he said ". . . .replies to things I have written on this board." Not subscriptions. I think my instructions will handle it.
yip, agreed, I didn't know about what you have posted - thanks!

Dauntless said:
Okay, upper left under board index, you see 'User Control Panel.' Click that, then there's tabs, click 'Board Preferences.' To the left there'll be 'Edit posting defaults.' Where it says "Notify me upon replies by default." It would say "Yes," so you click "No."

Don't forget to click "Submit." I almost forget to mention it.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

I found that page last night but that option was already moved to NO. I am still receiving the emails. If I unwatch the subscribed topics, will I still see them in my 'View Your Posts' page?

I use tapatalk a lot and I subscribe to threads to see them there. Is there a way to opt out of the email when I watch a thread? I am assuming watching on this site refers to subscriptions when viewing on tapatalk?

Back