Re: Street LEGAL Custom Bomber build! :-)

That's true, most Germans are paralysed by fright. It's called the German Angst. So they sit around watching garbage on TV, repeating the junk others tell them and never have a really personal opinion about whatever.

But there are exeptions.
The stated scenario is a worst case of course. :)

But that's what most here are afraid of leaving them stuck on the spot.

Germans would be capable of many great things if it weren't for the constant fear of possibly braking the law.
Good for the industry though, as people end up buying instead of building!!

thanks for the detailed infos. i will make a target date with the TÜV in 2 weeks here in austria (before i have to change the rims to 17" moped rims and tires and i also will do some other improvements on my bike). Im very excited to see what list of points they will prescribe me.

mabye you are right with the TÜV "will and have to find something". if a self made e-bike is built almost perfect to legal requirements, maybe they will take a closer look to all components and in the end it come off poorer than before. i hope there will be a technical validator who is not bad tempered..
today i drove past the cops. fortunately they did not stop me (i was too fast for them.. joke^^) :)

That's the most important issue!

Finding a TÜV engineer that instantly falls in love with the bike.
Those that have a heart and consciousness for all the work done,
are exactly what you need.

The rest is a lot of paperwork and nothing compared to
building the bike. :)

Insurance has been taken care of and the license plate is now an important part of the bike. :mrgreen:

Did a long ride around Dresden today with no issues. Just pure enjoyment is my constant companion.

2vb7dqd.jpg

That´s right, i´m the silent urban explorer. :)

Love those motorcycle tires. They give such a precise feel for what´s happening. Great work there from the tire guys at HEIDENAU !!

When my bulk charger is finished, next up on the agenda is a ride to Berlin.
I´m checking out all the mobile charging stations on the way to make sure there´s never a lack of electrons. :mrgreen:

Glückwunsch Martin !
So ein Kennzeichen am Bomber ist ein Traum :)

third party insurance is the main reason to get it street legal

Sorry for showing off a bit here.

Love the ride she gives me. :mrgreen:

My doctor said it´s hopeless. It´s an uncurable mechanic type of love that has gotten a hold of me.
He urgently recommended to ride as much as possible.
The drug is the cure here. -lol-

If it were´t for all the stuff to fix around the house i´d start a new build right away.

So far there was no reaction.
But that's surely due to the fact that none of the builds details have been mentioned there.
They'd instantly ban me from the forum!

Let them stick to the boring mainstream toys, while here on ES us boys go for the really fun stuff. :mrgreen:

Merlin said:
haha this suckers....they banned me too ^^

bunch of frockers ^^

I am not banned, should I ..... ;)
They couldnt ban legal information about a legal bike!

Or lets wait for the video :))

dLogic, I did some testflights today, unfortunately crashed the copter. No major damage, need some new props from HK and it will be fine for filming :)

Sorry to hear that. You´ll fix it fast. I´m sure about that.

On Monday the guys at the factory invited me to show the bike.
This would be just the thing if someone there caught fire for it. :mrgreen:

There´s so many people stoping me all over town asking all kinds of questions.
Seems like an alien is cruising around on his weird looking vehicle. -lol-

All the positive feedback has feed the dream even more!

Just cracked the 5000 Km mark. Been riding around an average of 87 Km per day.

2u5dwzl.jpg

28tz89k.jpg

The only problem so far was a broken wire inside the throttle cable. So the cheap wires that came with the throttle where replaced with a steel flex outer case industrial type for rugged use. :mrgreen:

The pack has given me 117 cycles so far and shows no signs of capacity loss.

Back