GOT MY VOLT 2014 TODAY !!

Sick Doc! Why wouldn't you use the traction battery for SPL?

Soon we'll all be sharing our Wh/dB figures :)

grindz145 said:
Sick Doc! Why wouldn't you use the traction battery for SPL?

Soon we'll all be sharing our Wh/dB figures :)

Excellent Idea!!!! 8) :mrgreen: .. but as you know the dB are log scale... so we will have to convert these :lol:

My personnal score was 154.7dB in Street A class of Dbdragracing with only 4s4p of A123 M1 cells !!! 8)

This little battery was connected to a 5K watt amp and 2x 12 inches in a CRX.. I still have the video somewhere.. I had it on my YT account before i accidently erased it...

Doc

I am still waiting for the day where electric car can be my only car. Right now, if I get an ALL electric car, it will be a secondary car, save for the Tesla Model S P85. The Volt is a good compromise. However, I still don't like it because of the maintenance on the gasoline engine required. I guess it's commuting by ebike for another couple of years before affordable all electric long range/fast charge electric cars hit the road.

Maintenance on the gasoline engine is very low.. the motor Oil replacement need to be done at every 50 000km or every 2 years... amd that motor work in a narrower RPM range wich is less stress for the engine.

Yesterday i did 86.7km on a single charge!

BmumwjZIQAALebD.jpg:large

The best I have gotten is 52.5 Miles (84.5 Km) on 10.3 kWh. The 2013 Battery has a 10.5 kwh useable. Seems the 2014's are putting out a little more capacity. :D I would like to find that guy on the GMvolt forum and send him a Volt computer module to modify to use more of the capacity.

Attachments

• Photo0237[1].jpg
    Photo0237[1].jpg
    31 KB · Views: 775
Back