Your Creation's Before & After Pics

this is a standard 135 mm rear hub motor from hps 5000 thunderbolt. i had to space axle just right but i still had enough clearance for the rotor chainline and tire centerline. i also used 2 torque arms.on rear. if you dont want the 135mm I know for a fact HPC has 2 162 mm axles hiding in a drawer call and ask for derek. i tried the 162 but i found it easier to space the 135mm.

Not mine but still funny, I had to share it:

nTgkkoy.jpg

wow nice build rolls! although most people use the giant dhs for the triangle space i think it gives the bike a nice look having that open. the kiwi front battery mount is a great piece as well! my guess is that the battery box most likely balances the bike out (with the motor in the rear)? what was your reasoning and your experience with it?

also - what forks are those...they look like they might be pit bike forks or something other than dh? very beasty looking

Here's my recently somewhat finished bike.. Still need to put a rear rack and panniers/saddle bags and a suspension front fork. It seems like this could be a never ending project but right now it's full functional and very fun to ride.

-Bike is a Fito Modena GT 7speed.

-Yescomusa 1000w hub motor kit

-Schwalbe marathon 26"x2.0" rear tire, CST Cyclops 24"x2.4" front tire

-Large Revelate Designs triangle bag

-Calibattery 48v 15ah battery

After pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401838996.494097.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401839019.299255.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401839032.447522.jpg

Before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401839042.095713.jpg

jansevr said:
wow nice build rolls! although most people use the giant dhs for the triangle space i think it gives the bike a nice look having that open. the kiwi front battery mount is a great piece as well! my guess is that the battery box most likely balances the bike out (with the motor in the rear)? what was your reasoning and your experience with it?

also - what forks are those...they look like they might be pit bike forks or something other than dh? very beasty looking

The bike has arrived at it's current state from me "going with the flow", that is putting on whatever was cheapest/best for what was needed as I built it.

I got ripped off on the bike itself. It was an ebay special in Sydney, ~280km away, so I asked my sister (non bike person) to pick it up for me and I drove to her place a week later. The bike was F%^&*ed. Nearly everything on it was stripped, burred, or just outright stuffed. HA - the back wheel was good, but didn't need it! I needed a new swingarm and shock, and bought them from another forum member who also had the Kiwi batt holder. I was going to put the battery there anyway, but the battery holder was a quicker fix.

The battery wouldn't fit in the triangle (only just). The battery is a work of art in itself, built by another forum member in Perth. http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38252

The forks, according to a local bike suspension business, Suspensionsmith, are from a downhill bike, although he couldn't tell me what brand they are. They need a service, so I'll find out sooner or later what they are. (white bros?). I painted the lowers with a rattle can. The "V" angle on the triple clamps is quite deep, and so there was enough room behind the batt holder to put the infinion 7240 controller. I was going to put the controller under the downtube , and that's why I put a water bottle cage on with hose clamps. The middle hose clamp has the shock reservoir riveted on to it.

Just this morning I've been given bright red vinyl decals for the downtube "VITA NOVA", latin for NEW LIFE (for an old hack). New pics soon.

Rolls.

72V battery at 33 amps, 15ah
http://www.bmsbattery.com/packs/531-48v-10ah-38120-lifepo4-battery-16-cells-ebike-battery-pack.html

85V fully loaded gives me about 2400W making it 61km/h on the flat (37.9mph) and about 50km/h in really strong headwinds.
Fastets speed downhill at 70km/h (43mph)

The motor is wide (145cm) so i bought a steel bike, that way i could bend the dropouts.
http://cnebikes.en.alibaba.com/product/1138515614-220317578/High_power_1_5kw_electric_bike_conversion_kits.html

The axle on the motor is wide (oblong) so it had to be dropouts on a single speed bike (where you can adjust the chain by moving the wheel back)
Otherwise i could not fit the motor on the dropouts.
This bike also has disc brakes but because of the placement of cable from the motor i could not fit the rear disc breaks.
I fitted shimano hydralic disc breaks at the front wheel, making a big different compared to the mechanical.

A welder made a compartment for the the big battery.
http://www.bjornssvetsosmide.se/

I also has a ignition key or switch key so nobody is able to play with the throttle when i am in a store.
Of course i always lock my bike with a cable.

I bought a portable bicycle basket for the luggage rack.

With this setup i am able to go to store and be away for about 10 min.
I can also remove the battery and hang the bike on the wallcarrier.

The charger is at 4 amps, making it from totally empty to full in less than 4h.

Torque arms are fitted on both side of the rear wheel, rev 2 and rev 4 for extra safety:
http://shop.crystalyte-europe.com/home.php?cat=299

What more...yes the tires is spectra DURAMAX X-5 (witch 5mm rubber puncture protection)

/thanks

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 8,484
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 8,484
June '14 2.jpg

Here's my daily ride. I don't have a before pic as I built it from the frame up as an E-Bike. Here are it's main features:

- Heavily modified Chromoly Single Speed Track frame
- Alex DH-19 wheels with Schwalbe Energizer Plus tires (700c x 35mm)
- Lyen 6Fet controller with Low/High switch capable of handling 36v - 90v
- Mac Motor
- Custom CAD drawn, laser cut Carbon Fiber battery box
- Integrated On/Off switch
- Integrated 3 speed switch
- External "Powerkey" which disconnects the controller from the Battery pack when not in use
- Handlebar mounted digital gauges. Voltage(Blue), Motor Temp(Red)
- Aluminum Wire covers
- Custom wiring from the throttle to the motor
- 10awg/8awg Phase wires with 4mm connectors for easy rear wheel removal
- 10awg Battery Wiring Harness with color coded APP 45A connectors
- External Charge Port (1)
- External Balance Ports (4)
- Quick release mount for CA
- Cyclometer hardwired to rear wheel
- Zero (0) Zip Ties
- Zero (0) Duct Tape

I've configured it to run on several variations using Lipo batteries. I've tested it at 37v, 44.4v, 52v, 74v, and 88.8v ranging from
370w/hr - 444w/hr. 20 - 30 mile range. 1 - 1.5hrs charge time (10A)

37v = 20mph, 88.8v = 40+mph

370w/hr = 44.8lbs, 444w/hr = 46.4lbs

Tony
www.snelheidcycles.com

Attachments

• June '14.jpg
    June '14.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 7,771
Where did you go to get your hub motor? I have been looking at Bafang for their mid drive motors, but like you I will be unable to park it inside :( . Therefore, stealth is also a big part of my design.

I put a Bafang BBS01 350w on my old Specialized M2 mountain bike with a 36v bottle battery:

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag453/RCDance515/bafang1of2_zpsa85e0f35.jpg http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag453/RCDance515/bafang2of2_zps7ea0315f.jpg

The hardest part of the conversion was changing out the 20+ year-old elastomers in the old manitou fork (what a mess.)

Thanks to all on this board, especially the Bafang mid-drive thread

Before

20140531_180449_A.jpg

After:

20140726_174644_A.jpg

20140726_174723_A.jpg

DD Hub Kit 1800Watt
Recycled laptop batteries, 18650 cells 14S8P 58v 16Amp
Homemade Metal case + vinyls
2 x Arm Torques (without them Hub spin out in the first test)

Upgraded components:
Raleigh Avenir Gel Sprung Saddle Best Buy Ever!!!!
Handlebar
Suspension Forks
Front mudguards Topeak XC1 (a classic)
Tyres: SCHWALBE CITY JET 26X1.95
185mm avid front disc
160mm avid rear disc

please take a look at this video lin. it shows my page of electric fatbikes. please tell me what you think of the videos thanks. you can search more videos by subscribing or clicking more videos on page. [youtube]XTfAjEZPqvs[/youtube]

this is a close up view of 2 90 volt 5000 watt carver titanium beast fatbikes powered by 24s 90 volt hpc extreme packs. rock shox bluto forks. check other videos on page or subscribe to get updated videos. thanks for lookin and tell me what you think.[youtube]tYdbwaIRJ1U[/youtube]tYdbwaIRJ1U

Back