Full-throttle's 1st

You have a cruiser now? Man, I need to go sit down. I think its all this heat :lol:

Took your time with the cruiser. : )
What has it been three years? Bike looks great.

How is the rural life treating you? Looks like your shed is a bit bigger than your last place.

3 and 1/4 actually :lol:
No SCID yet though..

Been great so far, lots of free time, no stress. Still learning the ropes. Got a job looking after a huge fleet of MTBs and other outdoors gear for schools kids. Riding bikes with the colleagues after work and on weekends. Actually, the manager called for interview, started chatting about bikes and an hour later went on a ride together :lol: how's that?

Road ride tomorrow morning. Next weekend is a race at Lk Mountain, all the locals are going. I'm already booked for a different race. But 3.5hr drive each way is not really appealing. And it's near Morwell :roll:

Heaps of quality tracks around, got to get back into filming. The commute via the scenic way is spectacular, got to start riding once the weather cools down a bit. Funny enough the distance and the pay is nearly the same :lol: The better half is very happy with hers too.

Yeah, the shed is bigger than the apartment haha, but only marginally. And it's slowly filling up with bikes. N is currently = 8 (as in 'n + 1')

So yeah, so far so good. A bit of a sea change.

Who wants the leftovers?

Complete kit.
Done a few k's haha.
26" x 29mm internal Mavic rim, sapim single butted spokes, BPM code-12 500W motor. Disc brake only. Singlespeed. Bearings replaced once, gears replaced once.
16s Headways LiFePO4 well used. With my own ultra low stand by power consumption. Charge balancing and cutoff, no LVC and no overcurrent cutoffs. Cell-level LED ballancing and LVC indicator.
6-FET controller. 4110 FETs. Low stand by current SMPS regulator. Quality waterproof connectors for signals, 4mm bullets for power and phases.
2A charger.
Throttle.

$400 the lot.
Pickup only or organise your own delivery. Can drop it off to Melb DOA.

full-throttle said:
Can drop it off to Melb DOA.
I think you mean POA, right ? :lol:
So, have you got a new e-build happening ?

keyne said:
Are your E-bike days over?
He posted a pic of a CST motor few months ago so gotta wonder what that was for. Sounds like his new job being a mountain bike manager doesn't need a motor any more. But I could imagine situations where he needs to get up a mountain fast in an emergency the ebike would be handy.

Anyway I say lets ban him permanently and firewall his IP so he can never reach ES forum again, mahaha! :twisted:

keyne said:
Are your E-bike days over?
Yeah. As I said - not much use for around here.
Perhaps one day I'll get myself an e-moto..

TheBeastie said:
Anyway I say lets ban him permanently and firewall his IP so he can never reach ES forum again, mahaha! :twisted:
Sure Fruitloops
And that would solve what? Me not posting anymore?? :roll:

BTW Have you lowered your stem below the max-extension line yet?

full-throttle said:
TheBeastie said:
Sure Fruitloops
And that would solve what? Me not posting anymore?? :roll:

We can't allow the older & most knowledgeable E-S contributors to keep posting indefinitely!

If they do, new members would simply learn too much and miss the chance to repeat the mistakes and hard lessons of others.

full-throttle said:
BTW Have you lowered your stem below the max-extension line yet?
Nar man, but I don't ride the Diamondback any more, going to dump it on cycling recycle's or hard rubbish day. I had it as my backup ebike for since last month but since I blew the controller I wont be using it again, just going to strip it of any good bits, the end.

I have had a second ebike (Giant) that I crashed a few months ago, I was rolling down a hill (no motor active) and a oncoming car turned onto my side of the road to drive up a side street and didnt see me and drove front side of his car on into me. I went over the handle bars, then powered down on his bonnet, left a huge metal crater and then landed on the other side of the car on the road.
The police happened to be sitting 3 meters away (might of caused the driver to turn into me in haste) they got out of their car photographed the scene etc and determined that "the car driver had driven into incoming traffic (me)"

I was physically OK somehow but it was a miracle. The car driver was very apologetic and said he would make sure insurance paid for the bike etc.
Insurance told me to get the bike assessed and they said the bike was a write-off and could not be safely repaired. His insurance company did come through for a new bike money.

IMG_1034_giant.JPG

I got a Trek DS 8.4 with all the trimmings, Shimano Acera M395 hydralic brakes with cut off sensors, Sinewave S12 controller with LCD display, Bafang CST 500W motor with a fully comp/smooth 9speed cassette Shimano Alivio/Deore 27-speed drivetrain (48T crank).
Complete with a 3rd generation 27.2mm Thudbuster LT edition with 76 mm travel suspension seatpost (but I haven't put it on yet), bike is still going to be tweaked over time.

Just shows you, if you put your head down and pedal hard, good things can happen in life :mrgreen:
trekds8.4.jpg

If anyone is wondering did any one notice/care my busted bike was an ebike the answer was no, the cops help even put my busted bike in the boot of the car and one of them even knew the type he goes 'thats a hybrid style giant isn't it?', I said yep, and that was it. Maybe if I had needed an ambulance things would of been different, I just went home and checked in with a doctor to patch up my knee.

Also this is another reason why 29ers/700c bikes rule, because if I was on my 26inch Diamondback my wheels wouldn't of been big enough to allow me to be catapulted over the car, instead of would of been impaled by my handlebar neck stem. :mrgreen:

Ah - just caught up... I'm happy for you! You always said you wanted to move to the country - all the best.

TheBeastie said:
I was physically OK somehow but it was a miracle.
Glad you were ok. And even got compensated. Take care.

keyne said:
Ah - just caught up... I'm happy for you! You always said you wanted to move to the country - all the best.
Cheers K! Yeah.. it's all happening. It's not as spectacular as where you live, but there's a lake. And the hills get a bit of snow..
Been working full time as network admin for a while now. Was happy with the bikes, but opportunities like that don't come across very often. Can always go back to bikes if I wanted anyway haha.

Oh, and the kit is gone. Along with the frame, all the components and the other bike too. 2 bikes, one lucky owner (nah, it's not Joe) So, I'm officially e-bike free :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I'll keep reading my favourite threads. And there are a few locals asking for help. Looking forward to catching up with jonescg in a couple of weeks.

Back