XPD: open-source keywin e-bike lab replacement

Thank you very much for the work and sharing :!: :!: :!:

izeman said:
here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1174616/xpd-0.3.2.zip
should include everything. pm me if it's missing something
Awesome! Thanks heaps, was just what I was after.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helping my issue like I thought it would. I was after the install files so I could repair everything. That didn't work, so I uninstalled/reinstalled everything also, but still no luck.

This is the error I'm getting when launching xpd.pyw.
Error.jpg
I'm running Win 7 x64. It worked fine previously. I hadn't run it in a couple of months, but I can't think of anything major changing recently to have caused something like this.

Anyone got any idea's?

Cheers

Hey guys,
I haven't used XPD in ages, was there any update in the last year or so that enables higher voltage regen ?
Or are we still stuck with the hardware R12 hack ?

Love the XPD project, it is a shame I cannot find it at its usual spot anymore (http://xpd.berlios.de/ seems to be dead). Luckily the files did end up on Sourceforge somehow, at least that's where I was able to find them: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpd.berlios/files/?source=navbar.

I got v0.3.2 running on OS X 10.9.3 (Mavericks) with some help of the pointers here in this thread, especially on how to get the Prolific's USB serial controller installed. All is well: I can start xpd from a terminal and, although it gives some errors about fonts and icons, get a GUI with which I was able to at least flash an EB212 I got from Lyen a long way back.

My actual goal however is to get an EB312 (12 FET 3077 MOSFET Extreme Modder Controller LYEN Edition) reconfigured but I do not get further than "Waiting Acknowledgement" after pressing the button on my USB cable. Letting go of the button and pressing it again gives me an error ("Upload failed: Invalid reply byte '55'" or "Upload failed: Invalid reply byte 'd5'", depending on how long I hold the button).

I am wondering if (1) anybody knows why my EB312 board does not reply with an acknowledgement and (2) if, despite not acknowledging, the board isn't flashed anyway.

Although I can not find a change log I decided it would be worth a shot to try v0.3.1 as well but to no avail. Can anybody recommend any other versions maybe?

EB 3xx and EB2xx require different wiring on the programming cable.

The USB side is the same, but you need a jumper wire from pin 1 to pin 5 on the controller end
The info why is on the forum here some where...I know I posted about it in the past.

Programming adapter.JPG

Lifesaver! You just saved me a lot of headaches.

So yeah instead of a red wire on the fifth pin going back to the button it jumps directly onto the first pin (white).

The button unit and the rest is exactly the same.

I have a little 2 inch jumper unit made up with a male on one end and femail on the other..so you jsut stick the extension on to the end of the EB2xx program cable

I'm a cow, I found this adapter a short time after creating my own jumper, it must have been included with the board...

EB3xx_adapter.png

You will probably, ( if not already done so), make the same mistake I have done many times when using the adapter.

This basic mistake I refer to happens once you finish programming. It is very easy to disconnect the adapter from programming cable, and leave adapter connected to controller.

When you do this, the bike will not run, and the first thougjh is usually one of 'oh frock, I 've killed the controller'

Does any of you know what is the change in programming between EB2xx and EB3xx ? I mean why won't it work to program an EB3xx with the EB2xx controller type selected. Is it only software or it's more complex than that ? When Anpaza added "support for EBxx controller", did he do it simply by adding a few line in python ?

PeeHell said:
Does any of you know what is the change in programming between EB2xx and EB3xx ? I mean why won't it work to program an EB3xx with the EB2xx controller type selected. Is it only software or it's more complex than that ? When Anpaza added "support for EBxx controller", did he do it simply by adding a few line in python ?
The difference between EB2XX and EB3XX is very much like looking at a Tangerine verses a Mandarin: They both appear to be like small thin-skinned oranges, yet beneath the surface there are subtle changes that are easily recognized if you had both in hand to compare.

Categorically, the count of features is different as are the options and the equations used to determine values which are compiled into a format that each class and type of controller can understand. In addition, the protocol for communication is uniquely different.

It was not a simple matter of “adding a few lines of code”; it was in fact a profound engineering effort to integrate a new profile having many similarities which could take advantage of the same framework and user interface in order to host the presentation.

Anpaza has my respect, and I am grateful for his contributions.
They are well-met. KF 8)

jorijnsmit said:
Love the XPD project, it is a shame I cannot find it at its usual spot anymore (http://xpd.berlios.de/ seems to be dead). Luckily the files did end up on Sourceforge somehow, at least that's where I was able to find them: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpd.berlios/files/?source=navbar.
The BerliOS open-source hosting deceased.

So I moved the project to Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/xpd-ebike/
I've updated the very first post of the thread as well.
Also I have added a pointer to my Infineon 3 document which I wrote long ago, but forgot to announce.

Yeah good stuff man, I am also happy that I got it working on OS X. If you want I could help with documentation on how to get it running on OS X.

ebike11 said:
Does this program work for Infineon 4110?
I got one from em3ev and would like to program it thx

i think the em3ev controllers have there own profile in XPD :? so you need to edit the correct profile before re-programming..

xpd_cellman.jpg

Edit:
Or the actual current will not be what it is set for,,

If you bought it from EM3ev/Cell_man, you can get the software from him.

You will need the programming cable. you also need to know which board you have.

Why do you want to reprogram it? Once you flash it you can't go back, unless you have the qriginal profile from Paul/Cell_man.

Dan

DAND214 said:
If you bought it from EM3ev/Cell_man, you can get the software from him.

You will need the programming cable. you also need to know which board you have.

Why do you want to reprogram it? Once you flash it you can't go back, unless you have the qriginal profile from Paul/Cell_man.

Dan

hi there!
oh really, you cant flash back to stock settings with the .asv files that I downloaded with the software?

I have the cable and my board is 9fet 4110. I thought I could adjust the 3 speed setting through the software and turn off PAS and REGEN as I don't use them
Can I just short the 3 speed wires externally to get the highest speed possible instead of the software??
I don't need 3 speed settings, I only want the highest of the 3 speeds and leave it alone.

I noticed the 3 wires are red, black and green. I assume black/green or black/red wire combination would be the highest speed??
Not sure

Thanks!!!

DAND214 said:
Yes you can reset it if you have the files.
Look at the asv.

the three speed switch is a nice option. It can tame the throttle down if needed.

What voltage and motor are you running?

Dan

Hi
I have the 30A 9fet 4110 controller and 8T
I have a 72V battery and Im sure its over kill for an 8T
so I wanna adjust the throttle/power etc. with the EB8 program

Back