WIN FREE ENERTION GEAR | !! WINNERS ANNOUNCED !!

Why are motors on a longboard better than pushing?
I realized that when I started longboarding many years ago way before I even knew one can put motors on any skateboard. Now that the technology is here with brushless, super-low maintenance motors it’s really a no-brainer.
You can only feel the true sensation of longboarding when you reach certain speed. So when you’re pushing you try to get enough speed to be able to do at least a couple nice, surfy turns but the fun is immediately over and you have to push again. Now that I have two tiny brushless motors on my board I ALWAYS get that sensation, whether I’m going on flats through town or even speed uphill. Slides and speed checks uphill? Hell yeah! Not to mention the countless possibilities for use that open up. Since I have electric motors mounted I ride my board almost every single day. To class, to work, in combination with public transportation or for straight fun. The possibilities are endless. I barely ever ride my bike now. Also, stepping on this thing instantly turns you into the coolest cat in town. Seriously, people start to recognize me as the dude on that sick electric skateboard. I probably get more shouts and thumbs-ups than a Bugatti Veyron owner (don’t have the means to confirm this).
Skaters and others who have tried my board are nothing but speechless by how fast it can go while perfectly controllable and not behaving any different than a non-powered longboard. Get yours and it will be the coolest thing you have ever owned.

Facebook Name : Fabian Hapunkt de Liège
FB: Liked 18/06/2014
FB: You Tube Video posted 18/06/2014

The reason the electric genre of skating is better is answered in one simple word; evolution. Species evolve to get better, this is what the electric skateboard offers a faster, longer more thrilling experience. It simply combines the best aspects of the car and the skateboard; it has the power and speed of a car yet retains its original iconic design of the much loved skateboard. Electric skateboards don't throw all the values cherished my the skateboard community out the door, you can still push if you desire and carve. Its not built for tricks rather for commuting ! Imagine the daily commute on a skateboard that offers speeds of 20MPH ?! How can you not fall in love with it! Though many boards have gone with the long board approach (due to the cruising aspect) companies do make boards that resemble the average skateboard. One of the main arguments against the electric genre is the weight of the battery though in production at the time is the 'Marbel' board weighing in at just under 10lbs and can reach speeds of 20MPH along with a range of 10Miles! Building you own board isn't that hard either, currently I'm building a board for my GCSE Technology course work, all it takes is instructions and a good attitude! So if you don't want to spend big bucks on a board, just make your own!

Thank you for reading!
Elise Kings
:D

Wait, does enter before the 19th mean that you can enter on the 19th?

Edit; By what timezone is the competition going by?

Well there are of course several reasons for this:
First of all its the simplicity, the instant you step on a electric skateboard you will be able to use it, it feels so natrual and easy, it takes the best part of skateboarding, downhill, and improves that even further. Ever wished you could reach the same speeds uphill as downhill? On top of that it has the abillity to brake which adds a lot of safety for beginners and intermidiate riders and will even give advanced users the abillity to change speeds quickly which is super concomitant in urban environments. And this is all completely customizible, if you want a board that can reach speeds of 40 km/h no problem! But of course there's more: an e-board is extremely environmentally friendly, lightweight & portable. Getting to work suddenly becomes something fun! Even long distances are no problem, just hop on a train and use your electric skateboard for the last and first part. You won't show up sweaty and exhausted because of the motors who are doing all the work for you so you can completely focus on the fun part! 

Rutger Willems

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

LAST DAY TO ENTER

ANYONE CAN ENTER, EVEN IF YOU ARE NEW TO ENDLESS-SPHERE FORUM! PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT AUSSIE TIME! (IN ABOUT 14hrs FROM NOW)

HERE ARE THE RULES:

5 EASY STEPS - FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN:

>STEP 1: Like our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/enertion.boards

>>STEP 2: ANSWER THIS QUESTION: Why are MOTOR'S (on a skateboard) better than PUSHING?..... Imagine you're trying to convince a hard core non-powered skateboard rider that they should have an EBOARD.

>>>STEP 3: Post your answer onto our facebook page, the most thoughtful/best answer wins. !!Minimum 150 words!! JUDGED BY ME.

>>>>STEP 4: ALSO Copy & paste your answer below in this thread so that ES members can easily read it.

>>>>>STEP 5: Share this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RKAAMZpLs < youtube video on your Facebook Page. This is a video showing how easy it is to mount motors onto your skateboard... I think people need to realise this!.

!!!! NOTE: Put your Endless Sphere username on your facebook post & put your facebook name on your Endless sphere post - SO I KNOW WHO YOUR ARE !!!!

MAKE SURE YOU DO EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE OR I CAN"T SELECT YOUR WINNING ANSWER

Daggers said:
Wow, three users (in a row) who all have only one post and it's for this? Hmm... something smells off :roll:

Come on daggers! :cry: nothing fishy going on here, I promise!

actually anyone can enter!... Just so everyone knows I have posted about this competition om my facebook page & also my blog etc, so it is fair to assume people found out about it externally & are now new members on this awesome forum!

I personally think the more people who are involved in this community of EV enthusiasts the better! Don't you? :D

I agree. This contest brought a few people to the forum that probably wouldn't have discovered this great resource otherwise.

Electric Skateboards vs. Mechanical Skateboards
(I kinda went overboard :p)

Tony Hawk once said, “ I won’t quit skating until I’m physically unable”. Well, Mr. Hawk, I’ve got good news for you. You won’t have to worry about not being able to ride a skateboard once you’ve tried an electric longboard; you’ll be worried about not having enough time to live the skateboarding dream. First off, electric skateboards can actually be used as a viable transportation. Unlike normal skateboards, which make you sweaty and can’t be used for a long time without making you tired, electric skateboards can go wherever you need without making you break a sweat. Along with that, electric skateboards are much more convenient to use during your everyday life. Unlike a bike, you can put them in your backpack or take them into the subway without causing a commotion or taking too much effort(http://goo.gl/BILMo3). Secondly, anyone can use them. Being self powered, you don’t have to focus on pushing. This allows you to instantly remove several headaches involved with skateboarding, such as learning how to push and learning that you shouldn’t push Mongo. Finally, electric skateboards are just more fun. You don’t have to worry about getting back up onto the hill you just bombed; just ride back up with no effort. Electric skateboards are better because they are convenient transportation, anyone can use them, and because they are more fun.

Besides Tesla, if you drive a car, you know that it sucks to drive places(I actually don’t know how to drive quite yet, I know this because my dad is always pissed whenever I ask him to drive 40 minutes to badminton practice). However, if you drive an electric skateboard, they have been know to, according to a kickstarter backer of Boosted Boards, “Gives the same high as a Tesla at a fraction of the price.” An electric skateboard allows you to travel places that bikes and cars can’t go. Whenever you don’t need it, you can just stash it into your backpack. Three words describe it well: Best Transportation. Ever.

Along with being an excellent form of transportation, Electric Skateboards can be used by anyone. If you are a businessman wearing a suit, you won’t get hot and sweaty from pushing while going to your meeting. If you go to school with these, people would die to get their hands on one of these. Also, even if you’ve never ridden an ordinary skateboard, you don’t need to know how to with an electric one. Lots of people say its like snowboarding, but since I don’t own an electric skateboard, I have to be content with a snowboard :(. The advantage is that once you get it, you can ride it, straight out of the box. No years of mastering how to get speed out of your pushes. Just you. You and the board.

Most importantly, electric skateboards are made to have fun. Regardless of anything else, whether you’re going to your daily commute to work or just want to go down to the mall for some window shopping, it gives you a chance to have some time for fun, carving corners and bombing roads. Thats what life is about, right?

All in all, there are plenty of reasons why electric skateboards are better than ordinary skateboards, but I’m not going to be biased; there are some ways that normal boards are better. However, electric skateboards, along with being toys, also have the practical use of transportation. They are more convenient than bikes and provide about the same capabilities. Also, with an electric skateboard, anyone can ride it. I’m sure in a couple of years, you’ll even see seniors riding them. In the end, electric skateboards are made to have fun. Looking forward to all the years I have left, one thing is in my mind; Life’s too short to push! :D

===========================================================================================================================================

Even if I don’t win, I still want to thank you, Mr. Enertion, for creating a better, more affordable, DIY e-skateboard kit. Also, to think that this project started, not in hopes of making money, but because you were concerned about public safety! I look up to you in the realm of DIYers. I tip my hat to you!

Your admirer,
Moosejaw

Facebook Name: Jeffrey Hu - https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hu.9250
EndlessSphere Name: Moosejaw - http://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=38367

ONLY 2 HOURS REMAINING TO ENTER!

looking for some inspiration for why motors are better than pushing??

Here are some photos of a custom made 'complete enertion eboard' This is actually officially one of the first EVER complete boards I have sold! I am rather excited at how it turned out... and my customer is stoked... the thing is some people just don't have time to build their own DIY electric skateboard!

Anyway whoever wins the kits I hope this give you some ideas of what they look like once built.

hxqI

onloop said:
Daggers said:
Wow, three users (in a row) who all have only one post and it's for this? Hmm... something smells off :roll:

Come on daggers! :cry: nothing fishy going on here, I promise!

actually anyone can enter!... Just so everyone knows I have posted about this competition om my facebook page & also my blog etc, so it is fair to assume people found out about it externally & are now new members on this awesome forum!

I personally think the more people who are involved in this community of EV enthusiasts the better! Don't you? :D

Definitely! The more the better :) It's just some of those people on fb have no profile pic and only a couple friends lol That's great that your competition is getting more people interested though :D

So that was the hardest thing ever to judge! so many great answers.... maybe I should of made the competition easier on myself by deciding the winner based on how many beers they can skull... much easier for me I thinks!

ANYWAY... CONGRATS

THE WINNER OF THE ENERTION PROPULSION K1 KIT:
PRIZE #1 - Value over $630 AUD
The Enertion Propulsion K1 - Including free shipping to your door anywhere in the world

********* lone_deranger ***** LEO WIELAND *****

The joy of riding a longboard (or skateboard) is amazing! But the constant cycle of having to push and push.... and push... takes away from that pure joy. But when you add motors to that puppy, it turns into a growling, roaring monster that takes you anywhere you want! No more slow tedious pushes; with the pull of a trigger you can accelerate faster than you imagined and go further than you expected! Zoom by mere peasants that still use the stone age method of movement and enjoy the pure freedom of speed. All this is possible with the Enertion Eboard Kit! It transforms your board into a whole new creature, taking it to the next level. I know that boards with motors are superior. There's no arguing with all the added benefits. Zoom up hills and show them that you're the boss; both down AND up :twisted: There's no denying how truly awesome this is. I'll never go back to boring boards again!

enertion-diy-electric-skateboard-complete-drive-kit__56216.1397281082.1000.1000.jpg

THE WINNER OF THE ENERTION PROPULSION K2 KIT:
PRIZE #2 - Value over $500 AUD
The Enertion Propulsion K2 - Including free shipping to your door anywhere in the world

********* Daggers ***** JARED DYGERT *****

The joy of riding a longboard (or skateboard) is amazing! But the constant cycle of having to push and push.... and push... takes away from that pure joy. But when you add motors to that puppy, it turns into a growling, roaring monster that takes you anywhere you want! No more slow tedious pushes; with the pull of a trigger you can accelerate faster than you imagined and go further than you expected! Zoom by mere peasants that still use the stone age method of movement and enjoy the pure freedom of speed. All this is possible with the Enertion Eboard Kit! It transforms your board into a whole new creature, taking it to the next level. I know that boards with motors are superior. There's no arguing with all the added benefits. Zoom up hills and show them that you're the boss; both down AND up :twisted: There's no denying how truly awesome this is. I'll never go back to boring boards again!

enertion-diy-electric-skateboard-propulsion-drive-kit2-v2__22099.1397279771.1000.1000.jpg

& FOR THE RUNNERS UP - THATS ANYONE WHO ENTERED & DIDN'T WIN, HERE IS A SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE
sphere15%off
15% off anything you buy at enertionboards.com
code expires in 7 days

< ALSO HERE IS SOME MOTIVATION >
WREU

WHAT WILL YOUR BUILD LOOK LIKE??

daverobson08 said:
Congratulations guys :D Hope you enjoy riding your new setups!

hey dave, thanks for entering.... your answer was awesome too!

FINALLY SENT OUT THE WINNERS PRIZES TODAY!!!! congratz "daggers" & "lone_deranger"

Here is a picture of what they won.

lone_deranger will be receiving the Enertion K1 Mech Kit valued over $630 delivered to his door in the next few days...
1WaC

daggers will be receiving the Enertion K2 Mech Kit valued over $500 delivered to his door in the next few days...
V88R

Just received the package with my prize and wow! It's amazing! The material used is definitely high quality and the cool blue color is a plus :) These things are made to last. Everything is easy to assemble too! So now, as soon as I can get employed, I'll be able to test it in action :D Thanks Onloop!

Daggers said:
Just received the package with my prize and wow! It's amazing! The material used is definitely high quality and the cool blue color is a plus :) These things are made to last. Everything is easy to assemble too! So now, as soon as I can get employed, I'll be able to test it in action :D Thanks Onloop!

glad you got it!

NOW GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER & BUILD IT BRO!

or... at least do a new thread & review my product with some photos included!.... i think an independent unbiased product review of enertion would be nice start to your future build thread!......

I forgot I took a picture! I was gonna do a new thread but I don't have a camera, just the really crappy webcam on my laptop lol Here's a pic of all the parts laid out!

Attachments

• 2014-08-31-202318.jpg
    2014-08-31-202318.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3,087
Back