60MPH 11kW Qulbix Raptor

Hi i've tried to get hold of The torque raptor company but they are not returning my emails, I wanted to know how long the production and delivery would be as i might be going on a business trip soon.

Also may i ask how tall you are you so i can get a rough idea of if the bike will be a good size for me.

lifeupjimbob said:
Hi i've tried to get hold of The torque raptor company but they are not returning my emails, I wanted to know how long the production and delivery would be as i might be going on a business trip soon.

Also may i ask how tall you are you so i can get a rough idea of if the bike will be a good size for me.

I can throw in my thoughts here.

The order time will probably be around 5 weeks. It all depends on when they do a batch.
Some got there bike in three weeks, because they happened to have some built. It took me a while to get mine, like 5-8 weeks if I remember correctly.

i

Offroader are you from Europe?

Also did you think the bike was worth the money and can you peddle standing up without the motor running, or is it like peddling around a German tank?

I've emailed them for a order but so far no invoice, they email me saying it would be around 2-3 weeks but i noticed that the website said 1 week for European deliveries.

Do you still have your bike because i hear that a few people have sold them on

I took me about a month to receive my bike from the day of order. I have no problem pedaling the bike since I purchased the smaller bike seat assembly.

Snellemin,

What do you prefer, the motorcycle seat or the new improved lower raptor bicycle seat?

I like both. So far I have been commuting to work with the new bike seat assembly. Pedaling along @ 20mph, which comes out around 1.1ah per 6 miles as of this morning. I sit up higher ofcourse and my butt doesn't hurt after a 20 mile ride on the road from all pedaling.
With the moto seat it's a bit harder to pedal for onroad long distances. But for offroad riding it can't be beat. I just like sitting lower and being able to shift my body around the bike while riding the trails.

Here is a coworker who's a regular cyclist, test riding my Raptor. He was kinda nervous and opted for the low power 20mph limit mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDSYnEcanFY&feature=share&list=UUA1_qR90MVioo7t_pn9i3hQ

[youtube]LDSYnEcanFY[/youtube]

Interesting how you decided to put the stickers on, across instead of down. Are you thinking of going with MAX-E controller in the future or sticking to Lyen CAv3 combo?

Yea, I played with the sticker locations and mounted them to my liking. This way I have more space for other stickers and whatnot.

I really want the max-e controller setup for my bike. The way I look at it, I could put a fanless psu inside the chassis and just ride with a powercord for charging. It will be slow charge, but beats carrying two server psu's while riding.

I am thinking of the Max-E but now I am worried. I ordered my batteries they come in on Monday went with the Panasonic NCR18650B 3.4mah batteries in 22s7p for a totoal of 96.4v & 23.45ah typical fully charged and @ 8096g as they are 46g each. My only worry is that I might not have enough amps for the cromotor as supposedly they have 2c 6.4 amps by 7parrallel is only going to give me 44.8 if my calculation are correct. So I might have to add more parrallel to raise amperage. SIGH! I am shooting for a 50mph bursts. Let see if it acomplishes that with the Max-E

Ouch. You will have the range at low power, but burst power is not going to be anything exciting like with a high discharge capable battery pack. The cromotor just begs for more power.

snellemin said:
Ouch. You will have the range at low power, but burst power is not going to be anything exciting like with a high discharge capable battery pack. The cromotor just begs for more power.

Yeah that's what I think too. Maybe I will have a long distance pack and a short fun pack. Just got the batteries wow its lots of them LOL

Scored me a Manitou cheapy 10.5"x3.5" shock. Used a 300lbs vs the 400lbs spring on the 9.5" x 3.0" shock. Pedals just as nice on my way to work. I haven't gone off road yet.

It's the last shock on the right.

My vendor took back the batteries thank god for him, and is shipping me 220 Sony 18650VTC5 at even a cheaper price so all is looking good.

Hey I see you have Crazybobs on the back how are they holding up? You still recommend a 400lbs spring on the 10.5 x 3.5 shocks? I ordered a TI Spring at 400lbs in Gold :D

In that last pick I think I see a T connection is that for a break light mechanical switch?

The Crazy bobs work great for me. Roll really well at any speed my bike hits. I'll buy a 400lbs spring next week and see how I like it. I'm going to hit some dirt trails on my way home today and see if I need the heavier spring. Or maybe I'll just stuff the shorter 400lb spring on the current shock and see what's up.
The T connection is indeed my brake cutoff switch.
Good thing you were able to get a different set of batteries. I'll be looking forward to your battery build.

Ok, went offroading a bit on my way home. I'm liking the softer spring with harder damper setting. My behind was happy went I made it home. Lots of suspension travel.

As of this morning, I'm 180lbs. Road riding is smoother with the new shock and spring combo. I'm still going to spend some more time tweaking the HS and LS settings. I will be ordering some new shock oil too. Most likely going with Torco medium shock oil, as it can get pretty hot in Texas.

These are the shock specs

Damping Shim Stack
Adjustments Preload
Rebound
LS Compression
HS Compression
No Tools Volume
Damper Shaft Material 14mm Aluminum
Damper Shaft Finish Hard Anodize
Damper Body Color Black Hard Ano
Bushings Steel/Teflon
Eyelet Hardware 2-pc Aluminum through 37.9mm 3-pc S.S. at 38mm and wider

Good info as always Snellemin. I've got a CCDB with 350lbs shock (I think) on the way to me (second hand from pink bike) - as I weigh in around 235 at the moment, I'm thinking that might be a little light on coil wise (little choice when it's second hand) but given you're experience with the 300 and your weight, maybe it won't be too bad... Hopefully I'll have dropped below 220 by the time the bikes together as well...having dropped from 255 in the last few weeks.

Nice on the weight loss. That Cane Creek does look like a nice shock and hopefully the 350lbs spring might hold up after adding all that battery weight. My Manitou shock takes the Rockshox springs, which are cheap enough to buy a variety for tuning. After riding in to work this morning, I have decided to change the shock oil to the medium weight. Just submitted my order for Torco oil through Amazon. Hopefully my seals don't need replacing and save a little bit of money.

Torco T820007CE RSF Medium Racing Shock Fluid
http://www.torcousa.com/torco_product/rsf.html

rsf_med.gif

snellemin said:
Nice on the weight loss. That Cane Creek does look like a nice shock and hopefully the 350lbs spring might hold up after adding all that battery weight. My Manitou shock takes the Rockshox springs, which are cheap enough to buy a variety for tuning. After riding in to work this morning, I have decided to change the shock oil to the medium weight. Just submitted my order for Torco oil through Amazon. Hopefully my seals don't need replacing and save a little bit of money.

Torco T820007CE RSF Medium Racing Shock Fluid
http://www.torcousa.com/torco_product/rsf.html

rsf_med.gif

I was under the impression the Manitou shocks were air shocks. Dual chamber are yours older ones?

Only update I have on my bike is a new battery power configuration that I'm going too. I barely go 40mph, so I'm dropping my voltage and going with 18s3p 5000mah lipo. Also swapping over to Powerpole connectors for ease changing voltage configuration.

Sorry for the bad phone pics.

Went riding the Raptor a bit today. Was hard on throttle most of the time.

75.6C Controller, heatsinked to chassis. After 10 minutes of rest, case temp dropped to 55C.
67.2V, 10.8A used @ 18.4 miles.
49.4 Wh/mi, 7773.8Wh.
4.1% Regen.
Motor at 143F.
91.52 Amax, 65V min, -22.9 Amin.
54mph Max. Max throttle set at 115%.
Battery 101F max.

Back