how to program a sevcon gen4

querlenker said:
There are different models of the PMS 120, I could share the manufactory standard values of a 72/80v 10,5kw water cooled version.

I have the one that is 7kw air cooled, 72v. Even though, I would apresiate if you could send me the dcf
Thanks

I still have not manage to set sevcon to operate with ME1302 motor. Motor spins up to 1000RPM and starts to oscillate. I have uploaded dcf file for this motor. Settings are for 80V nominal voltage but I run it on 105,6V.

Firstly I have to set encoder offset in DVT. I have no idea how to do that. There is nothing about this in the manual. Heeeelp! :mrgreen:

tomaj said:
I still have not manage to set sevcon to operate with ME1302 motor. Motor spins up to 1000RPM and starts to oscillate. I have uploaded dcf file for this motor. Settings are for 80V nominal voltage but I run it on 105,6V.

Firstly I have to set encoder offset in DVT. I have no idea how to do that. There is nothing about this in the manual. Heeeelp! :mrgreen:

Thomas, PM me your email I will send you the document for that :wink:

Doc

Dear All

I bought a sevcon gen4 from ebay (the one which was advertised in other post), the problem now is that of course my local distributor will not provide the DVT software.
Have any of you managed to communicate with the sevcon using some open-source CANopen software?
any ideas?

I am trying to configure an induction motor/alternator from a Buick Lacrosse. Have any of you managed to control this motor?
(first problem is the resolver, I am preparing a resolver to encoder pulses converter PCB with an Analog Devices chip)

thanks

Hallo,
anyone know how to get the Sevcon DVT Software?
Sevcon Germany is exreamly unfriendly, although the software is free,
they dont like to send me a copy :cry:

Gruß
Michael

Hi Guys,

Send me a PM with your email, i'll see if i can help both of you:wink:

Doc

Hi Guys,

I have a Motenergy ME1115 Motor and I'm using a sevcon gen4 size4 motor controller. I bought the USB-CAN and have the DVT software, but I'm wondering if there is a dcf for this motor.

Winter is coming and time to deal with lovely Sevcon :D

I have dcf file for Size 4, 80V. I uploaded file to my Size 6, 105V nominal. Well, it kinda works. But motor spins only to around 2000RPM and starts to oscilate. Decreasing RPMs is also not smooth, actually it is impossible to reduce RPM gradually. Motor is ME1302.

Which values I have to change due to higher system voltage?

I have already change battery pack voltages, raise the RPM limits,set encoder, contactor and throttle.

tomaj said:
Winter is coming and time to deal with lovely Sevcon :D

I have dcf file for Size 4, 80V. I uploaded file to my Size 6, 105V nominal. Well, it kinda works. But motor spins only to around 2000RPM and starts to oscilate. Decreasing RPMs is also not smooth, actually it is impossible to reduce RPM gradually. Motor is ME1302.

Which values I have to change due to higher system voltage?

I have already change battery pack voltages, raise the RPM limits,set encoder, contactor and throttle.

Ahh it seem you have to play with these proportional integral and Ke value witch is a real nightmare :p

I actually get this oscillation problem when WOT until hitting 50mph.. if i reduce the throttle(acceleration) it goes well... but going WOT make the motor to cut and oscillate slowly at 80+km/h

It's a real engineering degree that ia required to fully understand the parameters.. and without a dyno it is even worst!

Sevcon are great quality and performance but a real nightmare to tune!

Doc

Doc

Thanks for the answer.
Yes it is a pain in the ass to tune the controller :roll: :lol:

Do you perhaps have any manual or explanation of those parameters?
I do not have dyno but I have time 8)

tomaj said:
Thanks for the answer.
Yes it is a pain in the ass to tune the controller :roll: :lol:

Do you perhaps have any manual or explanation of those parameters?
I do not have dyno but I have time 8)

Send me a Pm with your email, i'll see what i can do.. it might take some days i am really busy now.

Doc

Oh oh, running a gen4 size 4 with a ME0913 it looks fine until I throttle up above 2000 rpm the motor spins out of control stops brutally and gives these two messages on the DVT:

0 : 0x52c3 Current Control Fault
1 : 0x51319 Mtr Slv in Wrong State

I did not setup any master slave as it's a single motor configuration.

Any ideas anyone ??

etlaare said:
Oh oh, running a gen4 size 4 with a ME0913 it looks fine until I throttle up above 2000 rpm the motor spins out of control stops brutally and gives these two messages on the DVT:

0 : 0x52c3 Current Control Fault
1 : 0x51319 Mtr Slv in Wrong State

I did not setup any master slave as it's a single motor configuration.

Any ideas anyone ??

Mtr Slv in wrong state has to do with the state machine inside the softare of the controller, not a master / slave relationship. They occur quite often after a current control, or a motor over current fault

I suspect that your encoder offset is not setup properly.

Try spinning your motor at around 1000 RPM while recording a trace (ensure you have Ud and Uq in a TPDO) for about 10 seconds then use the PMAC encoder window to plot the voltage vectors and adjust the encoder offset.

-ryan

I have one stuck in the IM motor control and won't let me set it up to run a PMAC. Anyone else order any of the cheep sevcons from ebay and get them running a PMAC? It is one of these ones.

It looks like they programed them to run some induction motors but now I need to set it up to run a Zero motor and I can't figure out how to swtich it from IM settings to PMAC settings.

I tried the setting under RPDOs and TPDOs "setup PMAC default TPDO" and every time I get this error code and then the progress bar freezes.

Attachments

• John (800 x 411).jpg
    John (800 x 411).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 11,219
  • JOHNS size 4 2 (600 x 297).jpg
    JOHNS size 4 2 (600 x 297).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 11,219
  • JOHNS SIZE 4 (600 x 400).jpg
    JOHNS SIZE 4 (600 x 400).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11,219
Hi

does anyone here have the Drive wizard software? I would need it for self configuring
a Gen 2 size 4. Losing my mind here with an induction motor.

rea tu rd @ gmail com

OK sorry guys but let's be clear.. I am not your Sevcon software life saver! :lol:

I get so many email requesting dvt and dcf and how to.... :shock: :shock:

Please if you get sevcon stuff ask your seller for these qustions.. you pay less for used parts.. but take note that you will have to spend time learning on the "how to" but i am not the "here it is"....

I dont have time to share everything to all of you so please dont contact me for that.

this is not because i acept helping one person that i can help everyone :lol: :roll: think about it!.. it's my free time and i preffer sharing it with the E-S for VARIOUS subject rather than sending emails with DVT etc... and explain how that not easy Sevcon programming job is..

Thanks for understanding! :wink:

Doc

Guys can you help me with configuring the sevcon gen 4 80V size 6 to AD AC24LS motor, i'm new with these inverters and my knowing is very limited, i manage to spin the motor, but the parameters are mess, so pls help with configuring!
I also have Sevcon SCWiz which is a auto-tune wizzard for these contollers but can't make it work for now, don't know the reason(it says Access Denied).
Here is my DCF file, dumped from the controller:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uUzkXwEwymOG5NeHVwdXJ5LTQ/view?usp=sharing
And that's the Sevcon SCwiz control panel, which i can't make it work for unknown reasons:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uUzkXwEwymNDRmN2hiTjhxcm8/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uUzkXwEwymV2tsS2tSd1FDYlU/view?usp=sharing
If you want the Sevcon SCwiz software, just tell me i will upload it here! :wink:
And that's the motor which is wired in Delta(40V 89A per phase)!
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=160155
EDIT: sorry if my english is rusty. :oops:

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 11,205
It is official, my old 2012 ZF9 is now using the SR size 6 controller as well as the 75-7 motor of all 2013+ 8)... Oh.. and with boostpack to bring it to ZF15! ;)

ONe of the most complicated part was to rebuild the DCF file for the controller that match all these parameters together from other DCf files from the 2014 SR, 2012 S with 75-7 motor.

I have used Winmerge and isolated every single variable that a reuncommon to both files from the 2014 SR and 2012 S 75-7.

for exemple, setting the new torque to 180Nm, new max current 660A insteaf of 420, etc

I have preserved all voltage parameters from the 2012 S file to keep all compatible settings that are made for the 66V battery of teh 2012 and have transfered all parametres like torque, current, gain, torque curves etc...

After couple hours i finaly got the file and tested it.... and IT WORKED !! 8).. Well with the bike on the stand the rear wheel spin no prob and is very fast!!!.. but not tested yet on the road, it's 1am now and it's -3 degree outdoor with ice on road at some place!!! :eek:...

I'm watching carefully mother nature predictions so i can test it fully!

btw just by holding the rear brake to apply torque i twisted teh throttle and saw 35.5kW already and was not full torqu and speed yet !! and battery was at 66V...

I call this encouraging!!!! 8)

I have attached the DCF file i rebuilt for you guys!

Attachments

• 20151019_013614_Richtone(HDR) (Medium).jpg
    20151019_013614_Richtone(HDR) (Medium).jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 9,959
Oh yeah... I took a 2011 DS and I've converted it into a DSLR for my wife with a 75-7 and a size 4 (for now)... :)

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9,972
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9,972
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 9,972
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 9,972
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 9,972
  • 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 9,972
Arlo1 said:
Oh yeah... I took a 2011 DS and I've converted it into a DSLR for my wife with a 75-7 and a size 4 (for now)... :)

Nice work!.. From what I see you don't use the BMS of the ZF2.8 right?

Doctorbass said:
Arlo1 said:

Nice work!.. From what I see you don't use the BMS of the ZF2.8 right?
I will add a BMS later. I find you can go 3-6 months then manually balance them.

Doctorbass said:
I have attached the DCF file i rebuilt for you guys!

Doc,

A few questions, according to the DVT sw:
1 - Why is the "Battery Current Limit Data Source" disabled in the "Master Battery Current limit parameters"?
Set up like that you don't have any current limit, at all! I guess the controller will pump 660A from 0 to 6000 rpm, the rev limiter you have.
(the torque curve is irrelevant if you have this set to disable, IMO)

2 - Max allowable motor temp to 195 ºC?

3 - why do write 195 Nm if the motor will only produce 165 @ 660A?

Back