GNG, 1000W 48V BB-drive, $400

ebike11 said:
Wishes said:
ebike11 said:
Does anyone know where to get a high quality #25 chain for the stock gng chain reduction motor?
My stock one is fine but noisy and LR recommend a quieter #25 chain but doesnt sell them himself.
Id like to reduce the noise first off, and maybe change sprockets on the left side of the motor as well

thanks

The chain, stage 1 reduction, of the stock GNG uses a #219 chain. The noise issue is caused by the small driver sprocket that is too small for the size chain. Not enough teeth are engaged. What many of us have done, is replace the #219 primary reduction with #25 sprockets and chains. Overall delivers a much quieter setup. But you need more than just the chain.

Here are some url's to the #25 sprockets and chains that I used to replace the noisy #219 primary reduction.

If you have the chain version of the GNG, this large sprocket is a direct bolt on.

80t sprocket http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_89&product_id=131

#25 Chain http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=38_103
13T driver sprocket http://www.electricscooterparts.com/sprockets25chain.html

The motor shaft has a 8mm flat with a 10mm diameter. However, it only sticks out 2 inches, so you cannot use those wider driver sprockets, have to use the smaller thinner ones and I think they come in 13T maximum size.

I hope that helps.

Wishes

Thanks for the links!
Would this 13T be the same as the 13T sprocket in the above link at electricscooterparts.com?

http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_90&product_id=138

If so then I could order all parts from tncscooter to save on international shipping

Don't know, it doesn't give the specific dimensions. It looks like it is at a glance.....

Wishes

Ok
Would there be any problems using the 80T with a 13T which is the maximum on a stock motor, and being too close to each other where there would be clearance issues?? Thanks

[/quote]

Don't know, it doesn't give the specific dimensions. It looks like it is at a glance.....

Wishes[/quote]

Oh this link says:
http://tncscooters.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_90&product_id=138

This 13 tooth sprocket fits most MY1020 style electric scooter motors.
This sprocket is designed for use with #25 chain.

Dimensions:

Outer Diameter: 1-1/2" / 38mm

Inner Diameter: 0.3937" / 10mm

Wishes said:
The chain, stage 1 reduction, of the stock GNG uses a #219 chain. The noise issue is caused by the small driver sprocket that is too small for the size chain. Not enough teeth are engaged. What many of us have done, is replace the #219 primary reduction with #25 sprockets and chains. Overall delivers a much quieter setup.

I initially thought that the GNG chain drive uses a cheap #219 chain. I was mistaken. It uses a super cheap 8mm T8F scooter chain. The pitch is slightly larger than 219 (.315" vs. .300") and the plate thickness is much thinner. Quality 219 chain is quieter than bicycle chain. The cheap thin sprockets that GNG uses on their chain drives adds to the noise. Either #25 or #219 would be a huge improvement.

8mm T8F on the left, .300" #219 on the right:
GNGchain_v_219.jpg

Wishes said:
emilx said:
Hello guys.
I lost the nut that holds the sprocket on the motor shaft, but the GNG doesn't know what type it is. Can anyone of you tell me how can I find this nut?
I tried about all hardware stores, but no luck at all. It seems that this type of nut is not used in Italy..
I also happen to have a mac hub motor with a missing nut, and again, no luck finding a replacement. Are these an imperial standard? Is there any chart where I could look them up, and maybe order them off aliex?

Try a M10 nut.

Wishes
Hello,
so after a quite a few orders from the german ebuy-er screwcorner I finally found the actual dimensions of both GNG motor shaft and MAC:
GNG motor shaft: Imperial 7/16-14
Mac Imperial 9/16-17.
It seems that 9/16-17 is a pretty custom dimension, so I used the grinder to narrow a 9/16-16 and I forced it on the shaft

Hi
I plan on changing the small 11T sprocket on the stock GNG.
Does that nut come off easily?
I tried but its tough when everything is trying to turn in the same direction as the wrench/socket
Thanks!!

You should be able to hold the belt pully to loosen the freewheel nut. Mine was pretty tough to remove after a couple thousand km runtime. Try a longer bar on your wrench for more leverage

r3volved said:
You should be able to hold the belt pully to loosen the freewheel nut. Mine was pretty tough to remove after a couple thousand km runtime. Try a longer bar on your wrench for more leverage

ah I have the chain on the left not belt, but same principal I assume

Do you guys remove the 8mm chain and large primary sprocket first before trying to remove the 11T sprocket nut??

I could bring it to a local motorcycle shop to get them to use an air gun with socket. Would that be the easiest way?
Id worry about damaging the threads on that shaft, since most of the parts on the stock gng arent the highest quality

ebike11 said:
Do you guys remove the 8mm chain and large primary sprocket first before trying to remove the 11T sprocket nut??

I could bring it to a local motorcycle shop to get them to use an air gun with socket. Would that be the easiest way?
Id worry about damaging the threads on that shaft, since most of the parts on the stock gng arent the highest quality

An impact air gun is the best tool to remove those.

Wishes

Don't you have a vice ? I disasemble the sprockets of my new GNG this afternoon very easily with this.
Just block the chain and remove large sprocket nut, and small after, I could send pics how to do tomorrow if you want.

Whitehawk said:
Don't you have a vice ? I disasemble the sprockets of my new GNG this afternoon very easily with this.
Just block the chain and remove large sprocket nut, and small after, I could send pics how to do tomorrow if you want.

Oh my motor is installed on the bike...I could use a power bar for leverage and 14mm before trying
to do it by airgun at a mechanics.

I dont have a vice sadly

Here I saw a funny example how to mount our engine, according to the manufacturer says it gives 80 kmh.

Attachments

• V_1_VICTOR_I_VICTORY_ONE_VICTORY_I_VICTORY_1_ELECTRIC_MOTORCYCLE_ELECTRIC_BIK_ELECTRIC_BICYCLE...jpg
    V_1_VICTOR_I_VICTORY_ONE_VICTORY_I_VICTORY_1_ELECTRIC_MOTORCYCLE_ELECTRIC_BIK_ELECTRIC_BICYCLE...jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,720
Muapeia said:
Here I saw a funny example how to mount our engine, according to the manufacturer says it gives 80 kmh.

That's a cool little bike at a relatively low price point. I could see those being popular for students here in the US.

skyungjae said:
Muapeia said:

That's a cool little bike at a relatively low price point. I could see those being popular for students here in the US.

http://genata.en.alibaba.com/produc..._EEC_Folding_Electric_Bicycle_with_Chain.html

HT1HE4RFKlXXXagOFbXo.jpg

The US version looks like it has "functioning pedals." I suppose they did a bit of research on our law loop holes. :lol:

I wonder what it's like to pedal with such short cranks mounted on the swing arm.

EDIT: I thought I clicked on the "Edit" button on my previous post, but I clicked on "Quote." It's been a long week.

Hi guys I have the 60V GNG an it has been giving me some issues that I need help with. The motor only wants to rum when I spin the motor shaft then it runs fine. As soon as I let it stop spinning then I get no response from the motor, then spin the shaft with a socket and it wants to run again. Can you please point me in the right direction. I had the motor apart but I'm not sure what i'm looking for. I went through all the wiring a few days ago and got rid of all the hanky connectors as I thought it was a short but i'm still having this issue. Thank you so much for the help. Donny H.

skyungjae said:
I actually contacted Genata. They stated that the pedals on the US version are not functional. :cry:
Not functional, or not practically functional? In Iowa the law requires "functional pedals", which is very vague and is begging for a court interpretation and then code revision.
[EDIT] Oops, 1500W = penalty buzzer for electric bicycles, not that it couldn't be 'de-tuned' like mopeds were in the 70's.
US_version.jpg

gogo said:
skyungjae said:
I actually contacted Genata. They stated that the pedals on the US version are not functional. :cry:
Not functional, or not practically functional? In Iowa the law requires "functional pedals", which is very vague and is begging for a court interpretation and then code revision.
[EDIT] Oops, 1500W = penalty buzzer for electric bicycles, not that it couldn't be 'de-tuned' like mopeds were in the 70's.

Genata Representative said:
Thank you for your inquiry. The model Folding Electric Bicycle is popular and high quality with EEC certification.
The padel is just for decoration(without any use in the fact) in order to import to the North America market.

Pedals are useless in California in this situation.

406. (a) A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is any two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, and an automatic transmission and a motor which produces less than 2 gross brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on level ground.

Anyhow, this is getting a bit off topic. :lol:

I think my GNG motor is finally toast though. I've put well over 2000 miles on it, but it fizzled out. I sent it to Lightningrods to have a peek inside. Hopefully, I'll be back up and running soon.

Dani said:
Hi guys,

I got lost in this thread. Can someone tell me where (link) to buy the 450W/1000W gng motor alone? Couldn't find it on taobao or mistertao. Also does anyone have exact dimensions/CAD drawings? Or yet better CAD files for the motor?
Thanks!

PS: any way to order it and get it cheaply to europe/germany?

You can try sending an email directly to GNG Jon or sales at Conhismotor. They're usually helpful, but you gotta play the bargain game.

Back