XPD: open-source keywin e-bike lab replacement

Regen won't work anyway with geared motor

Look underneath the board, other side to shunts. Many boards have an SMD shunt on the trace side of the board, so from the top it appears you have one shunt ( so EB306 profile) but the second SMD shunt halves the resistance, so you have two shunts so EB312 profile.

But once you flash once, you can't guarantee you can go back to original, unless you actually Paul for the exact settings or his asv file.
Since it is not possible to read a flashed chip, you can never be sure how the original producer sold it.

No need to wire the switch to highest speed position, just program highest speed to speed two.

Programming DOES NOT WORK if speed switch is in any other position than speed 2.
Colours are no indication in this case . Black should be ground but no guarantees.
Switch just connects one or other to ground for speeds 1 & 3 or none connected for speed 2

Sorry for the noobie question, but is this program similar to the EB3XX for Infineon controllers? What is the difference or advantage with this program over the EB3XX???

I have a 9fet Cellman 4110 30A controller

Thx!

EB3xx is not a program...it is a type of controller...as in EB312 or EB306 for 12 fet or 6 fet contollers.

Your contoller supplioer may have supplied you with a link to a different programming program..but this XPD is far superior.

use XPD and choose the correct profile form the profile drop down box for your controller

If your controller has had a shunt modification, you may need to use a different profile. The current shunt mod is just adding a second SMD shunt across the back of the original shunt. so although you have a EB306 controller you may need to use an EB312 profile...but the Cellman EB306 profile may alreay have been adjusted to take this mod in to account.
Only way to tell is set a low battery current, like 10 amps, and a Block time of zero, and a speed limit of no greater than 100% and then monitor batttery curent. If battery current you see on the Cycle Analyst corresponds to the limit you have set..then you have the correct profile.

IF the current you see is much much more than the current you have set...say...10 am,ps set ans seeign 25 amps..then you will need to selecta different profile...and try again

file.php

Thanks for the info...
The program I used was EM3EV SW
The shunt value for my controller is 2.09

The last part of your post is a little over my head tech wise
Thanks for the help though

Pretty much what the last bit means is that if you use XPD and you select the wrong profile, you will know because the current limit is wrong. You may set 10 amps but actually get 20 or more.

Hello,

I'm trying to use XPD...

1 : I don't know the reference of my 18 FET controller. I bought it few weeks ago.The reference is 184110ST -MII - LYEN Edition.
2 : I can't save a new configuration : Failed to save profile, Errno 13 Permission denied... I have the admin rights...
3 : I'm not sure of the cable configuration from the Controller to my PL2303, and how the switch is...

Controller PL2303
Pin 1: Yellow = +5v Feed --------- Red = +5V
Pin 2: Red = +5v --------- Red = +5V
Pin 3: Black = Ground --------- Black = ground
Pin 4: Green = Transmit --------- White = Receive
Pin 5: White = Receive --------- Green = Transmit

With XPD soft, I select Infineon 2 - EB218 - 18 FET default preset and then Apply. After I connect the +5V Red from PL2303 to Pin1 and pin2 of my controller...

I checked the signal transmit of the controller with my scope. The first rise edge is the power on +5V :
pic_9_5.gif

My USB TTL PL2303 is ok, I checked with hyperterminal (rx-tx loop) And the 5V is ok.

Any advice?

izeman said:
here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1174616/xpd-0.3.2.zip
should include everything. pm me if it's missing something
Tried the links for v3 controllers on page 1 of this thread and ran into download problems.
Thanks izeman your file download link worked, and installed no problem thanks.

dotrick said:
Hello,

I'm trying to use XPD...

1 : I don't know the reference of my 18 FET controller. I bought it few weeks ago.The reference is 184110ST -MII - LYEN Edition.
2 : I can't save a new configuration : Failed to save profile, Errno 13 Permission denied... I have the admin rights...
3 : I'm not sure of the cable configuration from the Controller to my PL2303, and how the switch is...

Controller PL2303
Pin 1: Yellow = +5v Feed --------- Red = +5V
Pin 2: Red = +5v --------- Red = +5V
Pin 3: Black = Ground --------- Black = ground
Pin 4: Green = Transmit --------- White = Receive
Pin 5: White = Receive --------- Green = Transmit

With XPD soft, I select Infineon 2 - EB218 - 18 FET default preset and then Apply. After I connect the +5V Red from PL2303 to Pin1 and pin2 of my controller...

I checked the signal transmit of the controller with my scope. The first rise edge is the power on +5V :
pic_9_5.gif

My USB TTL PL2303 is ok, I checked with hyperterminal (rx-tx loop) And the 5V is ok.

Any advice?

Controller must be powered off and disconnected from battery, allow capacitors to discharge

If you have 3 speed switch it must be in position 2

EB2xx and EB3xx controllers need different wiring, see elsewhere in this thread for details

Thank you NeilP :wink:
NeilP said:
Controller must be powered off and disconnected from battery, allow capacitors to discharge
If you have 3 speed switch it must be in position 2
EB2xx and EB3xx controllers need different wiring, see elsewhere in this thread for details

Yes, I disconnected my conroller from battery.
No, I have the CA, no switch.
EB2xx and EB3xx... that is the question :D How can you recognize them?

I read the first page of this thread, EB2xx baudrate 9600, EB3xx baudrate 38400. Ok, but i'm not sure of my cable and my switch on the cable... do you have a schematic? and a step by step procedure? :roll:

jorijnsmit said:
So maybe it's not an EB218?
I tried EB218 and EB318... No response with Xpd Software.

I took a look with my scope. The baudrate change, It's not a problem of the XPD software.

I will create a new post because I think i's not a problem of XPD.

I resolve my problem errno14 : I replace the folder xpd-3.3.0 by xpd. Now, I can save new configuration.

EB3 or EB2 usually stamped on the board.

Open controller and look at circuit board.

Also if you read all this thread, or even browse each page, you will see picture I posted of cable adapter and yellow jumper wire.

Also search forum and the web for info on Infineon controllers. There is a doc, possibly in the ES Wiki, detailing the wiring schematic.
I can't find it from my phone, but it is there.

Oh, do use default search. search this site using Google Advanced search rather than basic forum search function.

I sincerely appreciate the effort it took to reverse engineer the protocol and address map for XPD. Kudos to the OP and all who have contributed.

I have an ecrazyman / Keywin controller (12 FET, XC846 controller, EB806XC-A-8 PCB) that I'm trying to get to work with my Cutler MAC hub motor. It has the dreaded "cutout" problem, and I need to reprogram it. I have the old Parameter Designer software (clunky, undocumented) but XPD is really closer to the mark, for sure.

Will XPD work with this XC846-based controller?

Thanks for any help,

wanders

IIRC there are oddly marked infineon 2 clones with different shunt values and a handlebar display connector (also you can change some parameters from this display). Perhaps, you have one of these.

In any case, I think you should start trying from EB212 and then look for the actual current vs programmed current, as described above. There are so many mods with different shunt values that XPD can't know all of them. Try to find the most suitable profile by try and erro. There are no big differences between EB2xx variants (as well as between EB3xx variants), they differ only in the formulas for transforming Amperes to the units internally used by the controller (and, unfortunately, there is no way to deduce formulas from shunt milliohms because controllers may slightly differ in schematics of e.g. shunt voltage amplifier).

Thanks for the reply, Anapaza.

Whether or not my XC846 is counterfeit / clone of an earlier Infineon uC, they were available widely circa 2009. And the EB812 board was supported in a (early?) version of Parameter Designer. I think they all come from Xie-Chang. And Knuckles had an extensive write-up on a very similar board (EB812XC-A-7).

I guess the key thing to understand this this: can you mess up the parameters so badly that you can "brick" the controller? Or can you always reflash the params? Since you are presumably not flashing code, I'm guessing that bricking the controller is close to impossible.

Thanks again, and I'll inform this thread of any good results.

Willie

i've never heard of a bricked controller. you are not touching the bootloader or some code. you are just setting variables. so it should be safe. just flash some preset and the controller should accept it if you are in doubt of what you changed and what it did to the system. then start changing one parameter at a time and see what happens.

Have you ever had a successful flash?

Some of these that were Xlyte original branded boards could not be flashed. This was confirmed to me via e-mail from Kenny @ Crystalyte. Check the MCU, if it has a red spot, dark red paint spot, then it can not be flashed at all.

This is also the same with any Xlyte controller that is APM comoatible.

Both boards like thus will still be labeled EB2xx or EB3xx but they are not programable

Hi guys!
i have a 9fet 4110 Infineon from cell man connected to a CA v3
The controller is 30A

On the Ca v3, it reads 30A 1500W in the SET UP menu
If I use this program to up the controller to 35A, can I also increase the Wattage??

At the moment, I can only DEcrease the Amps and Wattage, but Id like to experiment slightly and increase it

Thanks!!

ebike11 said:
Hi guys!

If I use this program to up the controller to 35A, can I also increase the Wattage??

if you increase the current then wattage also increases...

Power (Wattage) = Voltage x Amps

If you increase the current, Wattage goes up.

Are you maybe asking if you can increase the wattage setting on the Cycle Analyst. Yes...you can increase that to what ever you want to. You could set 8000 if you wanted..the controller will still only put out what it can.

Ok Neil..thx
So the Wattage will automatically change on the CA setup display when the Amos are increased??

Depends which Wattage Display you mean.

There are limits and live data.

Live data will display what the controller is using ...

limits you have to change yourself

NeilP said:
Depends which Wattage Display you mean.

There are limits and live data.

Live data will display what the controller is using ...

limits you have to change yourself

Ah right...
But if I set it to 35A...how do I know a safe limit to set for the Wattage?
At the moment its at 30A 1500W for limit levels

Back