Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Not happy with my Speedict Mercury. I brought it since I already have the phone on the bike and didn't want yet another screen. I'm now seriously considering selling it and getting a CA3. The biggest problem I have is the Live view screen layout not saving. So every bike ride I have to go into setting / layout, change it so I have the info I need a click save then go for a ride. Even leaving the Speedict on and exiting the app means I have to set up my live view fields again every ride. I contacted Speedict about this issue but got no response.

Does anyone else have this issue ?

covert said:
Not happy with my Speedict Mercury. I brought it since I already have the phone on the bike and didn't want yet another screen. I'm now seriously considering selling it and getting a CA3. The biggest problem I have is the Live view screen layout not saving. So every bike ride I have to go into setting / layout, change it so I have the info I need a click save then go for a ride. Even leaving the Speedict on and exiting the app means I have to set up my live view fields again every ride. I contacted Speedict about this issue but got no response.

mine ok !

covert said:

I had that issue for awhile and then it resolved itself. Not sure if it was something I changed or not. Has been an excellent product for me so far.

rborger73 said:
I had that issue for awhile and then it resolved itself. Not sure if it was something I changed or not. Has been an excellent product for me so far.

Thats given me some hope. I'll try a reinstall and see if that helps.

Well a reinstall of the software did not help. It will still not save the live view layout.

Today the disappointment of this unit increased. It completely lost the ride data and I was unable to download any data for the afternoons ride. It was strange having my ride records go from 1..16 then jump to 32. Still no response from my email sent to contact@speedict.com 8 days ago regarding the layout not saving.

covert said:
Well a reinstall of the software did not help. It will still not save the live view layout.

Today the disappointment of this unit increased. It completely lost the ride data and I was unable to download any data for the afternoons ride. It was strange having my ride records go from 1..16 then jump to 32. Still no response from my email sent to contact@speedict.com 8 days ago regarding the layout not saving.

The memory fills up I believe. Have to attach it via usb to clear it. I haven't done it yet. After the first 30 or 40 rides I had enough info that I haven't downloaded the records since. Danny should get back to you by email. It has a bit of a learning curve, but ton of features so takes a while to figure them all out.

covert said:
I can save the layout. Not sure why yours is different but it may be handset dependant. Unfortunately I can't specify the layout I would like which is mostly a bolder font. I run Ipbike for human power data on one handset and Speedict on another. I previously ran them simultaneously on one handset but switching between screens was a pain. Ipbike has bold font that can be read in daylight but the Speedict app uses a narrower font that, even when it is as big as will fit, is unreadable in sunlight. This is also handset dependant and may not be a problem with a brighter screen. Mine is a Sony Erricson Active. The app crashes often for me also and will usually have to be restarted at least once in a ride, sometimes frequently.
covert said:
Today the disappointment of this unit increased. It completely lost the ride data and I was unable to download any data for the afternoons ride. It was strange having my ride records go from 1..16 then jump to 32.
That happens to me a lot but only when I ride until the battery cuts out. Sometimes you lose half a file, sometimes all the files, sometimes some of the files. Most often you lose some of the file that was being written to when the power went off. I'm pretty sure it has to do with corrupting the file system due to loss of power while it is modifying the file system records. It is just luck if the file system is being written when the power goes off and is unchangeable because if power is connected, it is recording. It will never happen if you delete all files before a ride and transfer the ride file to the phone before the Speedict loses power. This is not practical when you are on a ride and you flatten the battery or want to change to a spare as the file transfer to the phone takes ages, sometimes 20 minutes. Also you may lose a file if the file transfer to the phone is interrupted. If you can't get the data transferred before power is lost, start a new file before power is lost. When the battery drops out you will usually still have all but the last file undamaged.
rborger73 said:
The memory fills up I believe. Have to attach it via usb to clear it. I haven't done it yet.
I can clear the memory from the app and I doubt it can be cleared from the USB which I don't think does anything on the Mercury. The memory does fill up but I haven't been able to figure out the algorithm of what happens when it does, partly because the files usually get damaged first and it is hard to untangle the effects. When I intend to save the data, I always clear the memory before a ride.

rborger73 said:
The memory fills up I believe. Have to attach it via usb to clear it. I haven't done it yet.

Ken Taylor said:
I can clear the memory from the app and I doubt it can be cleared from the USB which I don't think does anything on the Mercury. The memory does fill up but I haven't been able to figure out the algorithm of what happens when it does, partly because the files usually get damaged first and it is hard to untangle the effects. I always clear the memory before a ride when I intend to save the data.

Ya sorry I had to read back through. Looks like that was the old speedict and I read it thinking it was the Mercury.

speedict said:
rborger73 said:
speedict said:
Dashboard Interface ...

Is this a beta or? Give us some details please. :)

it is new dashboard interface for Speedict Mercury, what is your Speedict model ? Mars or Mercury ?

Mercury. Updated the app but didn't see it yet. Hopefully this installs as a new app so we can test it while keeping the old one as a backup? ;)

Nice, in a blink you get your most important information : speed and battery level.

But, when riding at night, brightness may be an issue, so is it possible to change the background color into black ?
Black gives also the benefit of lower consumption, when using oled or amoled display.
My device is a Samsung Note 1, placed in a sturdy holder on the steer, I prefer landscape mode.
Can the screen type of this dashboard interface viewed in landscape mode, like Multi data view ?

bikingdutchman said:
Nice, in a blink you get your most important information : speed and battery level.

But, when riding at night, brightness may be an issue, so is it possible to change the background color into black ?
Black gives also the benefit of lower consumption, when using oled or amoled display.
My device is a Samsung Note 1, placed in a sturdy holder on the steer, I prefer landscape mode.
Can the screen type of this dashboard interface viewed in landscape mode, like Multi data view ?

landscape mode and black background ? wait a minutes ...

bikingdutchman said:

one-click toggle between black and white ...

[youtube]yuQCfSxOFhY[/youtube]

Data view interface ...

Attachments

• dv09-data-view-6x2.png
    dv09-data-view-6x2.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 2,071
  • dv08-data-view-2x3.png
    dv08-data-view-2x3.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 2,071
  • dv06-data-view-1x1.png
    dv06-data-view-1x1.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,071