Electric Bubble Gum board mk1

voodoojar

100 W
I'm not quite ready to post the entire build yet but I finally got all the wiring and 3D models done and assembled the first prototype. I'm really excited about it and wanted to share.

Im still messing with placement in the case so it's not bolted down yet. I actually have a tone of room inside the case so it will get a good bit smaller for mk2.
iUWMudl.jpg

Runing a 7s2p lion pack with BMS on/off switch and led fuel gauge. Uses a cheap laptop style charger. Here is one before wiring up.
xJ1SSfY.jpg

That looks like the smallest e-transporter ever made. You could carry that thing anywhere. Definitely would fit in a small backpack. What are you using for a motor and gearing? The case and gear cover look great. Nice work.

torqueboards said:
Looks awesome! I like that small board. I'm sure, you could even fit it in a backpack almost..

What capacity are those packs? What's your cont. amp and peak amp rating for your pack w/ BMS?

the pack is 6.4ah with max continuous discharge of 20A I've been running one on my other board and it looks like it will do 1.5-2 hours of mixed riding.

Gregory said:
Very nice use of a 3D printer.

Nice catch greg..
Yes very nice enclosure...humm... 8)

torqueboards said:
Is that XT60/90 port for the on/off or for battery charging? Why no motor cover since there is a pulley cover - clearance issues?

I want to do a barrel jack but I don't have any at the moment so just put an XT60 for the charger. my next version with have a barrel jack. This board doesn't have any of the cool stuff like the LED voltage meter and led on/off switch I just wanted to get one running to make sure nothing rubs or breaks too easy. It also still has the plastic motor mount I haven't gotten a chance to weld on the aluminium ones yet. and I'm really curious if a plastic one will last 1 ride.

I suppose I could make one for the motor it just ends up looking like a big coke can on the back, thought it looked cleaner this way. Do you think that's something people want?

voodoojar said:
torqueboards said:
Is that XT60/90 port for the on/off or for battery charging? Why no motor cover since there is a pulley cover - clearance issues?

I want to do a barrel jack but I don't have any at the moment so just put an XT60 for the charger. my next version with have a barrel jack. This board doesn't have any of the cool stuff like the LED voltage meter and led on/off switch I just wanted to get one running to make sure nothing rubs or breaks too easy. It also still has the plastic motor mount I haven't gotten a chance to weld on the aluminium ones yet. and I'm really curious if a plastic one will last 1 ride.

I suppose I could make one for the motor it just ends up looking like a big coke can on the back, thought it looked cleaner this way. Do you think that's something people want?

Supposedly, that's what people want. Looks nice though without it. I don't find any issues with it being open but I guess a motor enclosure would be a bit better for riding in rain. Barrel jack would be nice..

What infill did you print your enclosure 100%? Plastic might last a few blocks if it's bolted on. If it's just hanging on there tight it most likely would fall I would think once that motor kicks on start.

All the Plastic pieces are going to be injection molded once I finalize design. So infill is only like 20% right now and they are only 2.5mm thick. The plastic mount is put on with PC-7 epoxy it's really only there so I can give the welder a visual.

voodoojar said:
All the Plastic pieces are going to be injection molded once I finalize design. So infill is only like 20% right now and they are only 2.5mm thick. The plastic mount is put on with PC-7 epoxy it's really only there so I can give the welder a visual.

it will bend for sure, i think a lot too. MIne is 9 mm thick with a 50% infill and it bend for 1 mm, it's not so good for the belt. But for a couple ride it's not a problem, right? :D

When will full production or beta testing be available? Is this going to be on a crowd funding site?

No solid plans yet.I got a bunch of motor mounts welded today and I should have 4 boards ready sometime this week. I was planning to pass them out to friend to ride around and GPS. I'm also working on a website and a short demo video.

I haven't decided whether or not to try crowdfunding there are some negatives to it that I really don't like. I have almost enough parts to make 25 boards so I might just star t there and see if they sell. I'm looking at a sale price of between $400-500 depending on how long it takes to assemble.

I really like your design, it looks super clean.

Have you had a chance to test the acceleration at 7s? With such a short wheelbase it seems like it could get a little squirrely at launch :lol:

I've been riding longboards for years, and even still I have to brace myself for that initial acceleration at 6s with my LaGrange setup.

Great work so far - thanks for keeping the thread updated with your progress.

Just finished another demo board. I'm hoping to have 4-5 demo boards ready for the Maker Faire here in Atlanta October 4-5. I also working on some large sized demo boards (36" deck) as well.
This one has an older battery pack on it while I print up some new cases that are going to be 2 cm thinner.

My favorite color combo so far.

8wKvuT9.jpg

hey Voodoojar! Thats one awesome looking e-board! congratulations!

Could you please please list down the component you have used on your E-board- namely: motor, ESC, Battery , Reciever and tell us something about how you hooked up throttle via arduino.

Also, how is the board performing? What is the top speed? How long/far can you travel before the Lipo runs out of charge? How much run time do you get? How does it perform on inclines, up hills etc.

I just started work on a similar build. This is what I think it will look like
http://pho.to/76vgi

With my build I dont want to use a traditional RC car Transmitter receiver- so I thought of using a wifi receiver and controlling throttle with my smart phone.
However in your video- i see u using a small single button transmitter- could you tell us something more about this an how u hooked it up? Some more pictures would be awesome!

This information will be of much help to me- Cuz i'm absolutley clueless about what components to buy.- I've started a thread for just this here
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63223&p=946174#p946174

Thanks!

Hey amaizng board.
I'm very interested in your Li ion setup.
What batteries are they (specs) ? Where did you get them?
How long to they last - equal to what Li-Po?
also - what esc are you using and how do you charge them?
thanks!

Back