Cellman Mac 8T with Infineon 9fet 4110 30A limits please

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Im trying to figure out the "maximum wattage" roughly that I can set my CA v3 at for this controller.
Im thinking to experiment and go up a bit to 35A but dont know what this controller can handle at MAX wattage
Its a 26" MTB just normal weight for MTB..not too sure
My weight is 78kg and I use 72V LiPo battery( I know its overkill for a Mac but I only use WOT on bursts.)
Mainly ride on pavement and flat surfaces

Thx to NeilP who gave previous advice!!!!

your controller can do around a max of 70A max ( battery side ) so @ 72v this is around 5kw .. program the controller to a max battery current of around 50A to be on the safe side and also set block time to 0.0 set the phase to around 100A ..

gwhy! said:
your controller can do around a max of 70A max ( battery side ) so @ 72v this is around 5kw .. program the controller to a max battery current of around 50A to be on the safe side and also set block time to 0.0 set the phase to around 100A ..

Hi
Ill be using the XPD program and I do not see the block time setting
Is there another name for this??
Thanks!!!

gwhy! said:
9 fets - 50A??

i have alot of expiriance with infenions controllers, the 9 fets mosfets blown at 35A-40A , i'll suggest not pass the limit, MAC motor put alot of stress on controller becuase of the high RPM, but if you do want to push it up.
try go around 25A-30A not for a long run, if the controller get extremly hot do not pass the 30A if its stay warm bot not to hot you can push it further, then do the test to 30A-35A and go on ....
best regards

xlzeo said:
gwhy! said:
9 fets - 50A??

i have alot of expiriance with infenions controllers, the 9 fets mosfets blown at 35A-40A , i'll suggest not pass the limit, MAC motor put alot of stress on controller becuase of the high RPM, but if you do want to push it up.
try go around 25A-30A not for a long run, if the controller get extremly hot do not pass the 30A if its stay warm bot not to hot you can push it further, then do the test to 30A-35A and go on ....
best regards

He has a modded infineon 9fet and yes by not turning the blocktime to 0.0s can make reliabilty a bit hit and miss but I stand by what I have recommended.

edit: just for the record i have also have a lot of experience with these controllers. and what the high rpm got to do with it , all my motors run between 6k-8k rpm

Yes I have the programmable Infineon 9fet 4110 from cellman rated at 30A
Not sure of all the exact factory settings..I only know that its 30A

xlzeo said:
best regards
Ah, just the guy. I'm gearing up for a '85 Ross Mt Whitney conversion using the new Upgrade EM3ev vers. Mac , 500/1000W Pick'n'Mix Kit and an Infineon controller. So the comment I got was
Ykick said:
Below 75V HOT off charger use 3077 FET controller.
I'm planning on putting a 72 volt A123 battery pack. Am I good to go with this combo? Anything to watch out during the conversion?

IRFB 3077 mosfets are rated to 75V however the controllers EM3ev sells with the FETs have 63V main capacitors so they recommend less than 60V supply voltage. Go with one of their 4110 controllers for up to 90V.

-R

arkmundi said:
Am I better off going with the 9 fet IRFB4110 Infineon Controller? 9pcs of Genuine IRFB4110 Mosfets; Just about the best 75V TO-220 Mosfet available; 100V Caps; Max input voltage is limited to 100V; 36-72V operation, 90V max; 30A Current Limit.

Yes the current limit is 30A...but as mentioned above..can it be safely increased to 40~50A without fear of damage??
Im using an 8T Mac

I'm using an 8T with a 9fet with 3077 mosfets. I have programed the controller to 38a and have a 14s LiIon battery. I have been running it this way for months. I have the controller mounted to the front of the seat post for maximum ventilation.

Back