izip 24v 4 brush motor assembly

eZip19.png

4 strings or tape that can be extracted through the 'slot' before the final screw-together.

Using twist-ties:
4drillholesinfrontmotor.jpg

Using a wire through holes:
file.php

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44&p=224&hilit=brush#p224

It seems you can change the timing and the gear-mesh sound by adjusting the end plate:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=482&hilit=brush

I'd probably try string around the braided lead where it attaches to each brush. Pull 'em back and secure with tape or something. Remove once the commutator slips in enough to hold the brushes.

wire through the little holes to hold the brushes back, put on the cover, yank out the wire like a magicians table cloth trick!

Ok... so the motor is ok, if i run it direct to a battery it runs fine. ( tested with 12v )

the bike is 24v SLA model Schwinn iZip... when you hit the throttle the motor will only run for 1 second and then shut down, if you hold the throttle on it will blip the motor every 5 seconds or so and keep shutting down....

I tested the throttle with Lyen tester gizmo, goes red to green as expected.... tested the bike with 24v Lifepo4 pack and get the same result, so the battery pack , motor and throttle are ok.. it has to be the controller right ?

( yes, i tried disconnecting the ebrakes, just in case.. not it )

Anyone seen this before ? .. and better yet.. anyone have a 24v brushed controller for sale ?

Sounds like the controller. Could be bad capacitors, or could be a FET that's partially damaged and is overheating real quick. Or even something wrong in it's low-voltage regulator section?

OH: also, what current does the motor draw? Maybe something is wrong (shorted winding, etc) that is drawing too much current and so it is causing the controller to shut down.

It might also only draw the higher current at higher voltages, too, so you may have to test it at 24V+ if it doesn't seem abnormal at 12V.

Back