Death Bike vs. Tesla Model S P85

Love the hands-off on the return. Thanks.....

OMG !!!

That is awsome Luke !!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)

and ... it was so easy to beat it !!! wow!

I can say that i have tried that deathbike this spring and i fully understand why it's so powerfull !!

Luke you must try with the white zombie!!! :twisted:

Doc

Congratulations Luke :D Awesome as allways :twisted:

Good job luke.

Awesome! I never had any illusions of being able to hang with Deathbike, but with that margin of victory, I'm keen on hunting up a Tesla locally. :mrgreen:

Ah but were you pedalling Luke? :D

Looks like you'd beat most of these too

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/automobiles/10-fastest-electric-motorcycles-0-60.html/?a=viewall

Drunkskunk said:
Dude, that's just all kinds of awesome!

But If I can read the score board right in the video, 11.74 seconds at 110.xx mph? That's a whole different kind of awesome.
Here's Luke best 1/4 mile run.
[youtube]RJ3NPPGWF1I[/youtube]

I'm not sure I understand the amazement. The Deathbike is around half as powerful as the Tesla, (Not sure the current numbers for it) at maybe 10% the weight seems he SHOULD open a nice gap.

Which of course he was expecting whether he admits it or not.

Thank you for all the kind words my friends! It was an outstanding event!

Dauntless said:
I'm not sure I understand the amazement.

Nobody here expects understanding from your posts Dauntless. You just wouldn''t be Dauntless if the posts showed appreciation, kindness, or reality-full insights. :)

liveforphysics said:
Thank you for all the kind words my friends! It was an outstanding event!

Dauntless said:
I'm not sure I understand the amazement.

Nobody here expects understanding from your posts Dauntless. You just wouldn''t be Dauntless if the posts showed appreciation, kindness, or reality-full insights. :)

Now just a darn minute. Was that supposed to you YOUR display of such things? (Especially when it's my unerring path to reality that disrupts your daydreams.)

What I love is that you're cruising back to the pit at a drag race, and your friend can call out your time to you and you hear it. Some gearheads may miss the racket of racing engines and I'll never begrudge them that, but I never will.

teslanv said:
1100+ hits in the first 14 hours...
When does a video become "viral"? :pancake:

Kevin Nalty said:
How many views do you need to be viral?” In 2011 he said, “A few years ago, a video could be considered “viral” if it hit a million views.” But Nalts updated that definition. He said, “A video, I submit, is “viral” if it gets more than 5 million views in a 3-7 day period.

I just think a viral video about the Deathbike will need to tell the whole story. To the uninitiated it's probably hard to understand the significance of it because they don't know what the bike really IS or why they should care about it. It'll need the flip clip, ("You KNOW the bike is dangerous) maybe if there's a flameout of it on the dyno, just a bit of the challenge of making the bike work to draw them in. Some street races against 1000cc bikes, some road racing, some of the reactions to it, there's already a huge library of this just from what I've seen. Short but involving stuff. THEN the day at the dragstrip.

At that point Jalopnik, etc., will all be watching it and EMailing it to friends. CNN will find out it exists quickly, it'll probably get on the air. Bill O'Rielly will go on an angry tirade, Michael Moore will denounce it until he hears of O'Rielly's tirade and will change his mind. . . .

At last, you'll have the version of the video that everyone would want to see.

Droid-copy-336x600.jpg

This is the first time I could really appreciate just how quick this bike is. Just amazing. So well done Luke. You are in a league of your own not only for building the bike but for having the gonads to push it to the max.

Those are the kind of numbers a hopped up RD350 gets, so 50+ HP. Aero drag is the limiting force in the 1/4 mi., so I'd bet the 1/8 mi. numbers are even more impressive.

Blimey Luke!! :mrgreen: thats truly amazing!! to be honest you won me over with the BMX flip all those years ago! :lol: it just gets so much better, a freaking awesome video.

Back