Emoto

10 kW

Attachments

• 61510(2).jpg
    61510(2).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12,452
Interesting.
The highest AH they offer on the US site is 10, and they are backordered
I might be tempted to try (4X) 5S, if they had them, or maybe even (5X) 4S.

Interesting.

Looking at the pattern in the heatshrink it looks like a bunch of paralleled cells inside the pack, but hopefully they are at least somewhat matched when assembled. That would offer an advantage over parallel separate packs.

Or, the beauty of the 4s pack, is only 4 pouches if you have to chuck one.

dogman said:
Or, the beauty of the 4s pack, is only 4 pouches if you have to chuck one.
Great point, Dogman. I just nuked a 4S pack last night. Was a "dammit" moment for me, but with a 6S 16Ah pack, it would be an "Oh, F@#*!? Moment. :wink:

Mostly I was just thinking of the probability of one pouch puffing right out of the box.

It's a dilemma, less wiring would be nice, but only if they do a better QC before assembly.

I've often wished you could buy a 2s 4p pack. that would be 8 cells per pack, 7 to get 14s 20 ah. You'd cut off the 3 pin balance plugs and replace with two 8 pin plugs.

If one went bad, you would be tossing the same number of cells of two 4s packs.

These packs are badass I will be holding out n waiting until they get stock in... 18s1p for 16ah makes me happy :). The only thing I don't like is the XT-90 connectors.. Is it possible to series connect them without adapters? I am not familiar with the XT-90 connectors they look kind of funky..

icecube57 had great results with the 10AH packs. I'm crossing my fingers that these will get stocked in the USA warehouse.

You could make an average sized ebike pack by just hooking up a series harness.. i'm droolin'

If you calculated these based on whrs/kg with a 3.8v nominal voltage, they'd come out to 190whrs/kg.
Just a hair below the 10AH packs, which may mean that there's extra weight from cell interconnections or whatnot.

Dude, a 12S 16AH pack comes in at 8.5lbs.

Found those ones :
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/215975/gens-ace-16000-mah-222v-15-30c-6s1p-lipo

125602.jpg

Wow, another company selling the same high density cell. I wonder if they come out of the same factory, or shit just gets copied so fast in China...

neptronix said:
Wow, another company selling the same high density cell. I wonder if they come out of the same factory, or shit just gets copied so fast in China...
That pack states 6S, 1P, and actually looks to only have 6 cells, 15 - 30 C and $300 !!
.......so it's not the same as the Multistar .

in down for 6 packs for 18s2p -32 ah oh ya for 2200.00 no problem. for 25 lbs heck ya

Punx0r said:
Interesting.

Looking at the pattern in the heatshrink it looks like a bunch of paralleled cells inside the pack, but hopefully they are at least somewhat matched when assembled. That would offer an advantage over parallel separate packs.
Well spotted Punx0r but we wont know for sure until someone gets some.
neptronix said:
icecube57 had great results with the 10AH packs. I'm crossing my fingers that these will get stocked in the USA warehouse.

You could make an average sized ebike pack by just hooking up a series harness.. i'm droolin'
These have landed in aus now ill guess the states is next :D the other thing is far less balance leads dangling around so a safer pack.

Not to change the subject, but I just spotted this 6S 22000mAh LiPO battery on alibaba...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/cendao-high-capacity-lipo-battery-22_60019287073.html

ambroseliao said:
Not to change the subject, but I just spotted this 6S 22000mAh LiPO battery on alibaba...
When I try to evaluate dubious battery backs especially Zippy packs I prefer to go by weight then their stated Ah, going by weight that pack does seem like a somewhat real deal as its 2.5kilos in weight! Thats a chunky battery!

TheBeastie said:
When I try to evaluate dubious battery backs especially Zippy packs I prefer to go by weight then their stated Ah, going by weight that pack does seem like a somewhat real deal as its 2.5kilos in weight! Thats a chunky battery!

That's a bad way of figuring energy density, because it varies widely across batteries.

Let's do some math for that pack.

22ah x 3.8v nominal x 6 cells = 501.6 watt hours.
501.6 watt hours / 2.518kg = 199 whrs/kg.

If that pack really has that capacity, that's right up there with high end panasonic 18650's, in terms of energy density per weight. But this is some random brand - they could easily be bullshitting us.

Typical 20C lipo, by those same calculations, is 149whrs/kg. Lead acid batteries are something stupid like 33whrs/kg.

Not new review about this big lipo Multistar? The C discharge is true or a bit less? Thanks.

neptronix said:
TheBeastie said:

That's a bad way of figuring energy density, because it varies widely across batteries.

Let's do some math for that pack.

22ah x 3.8v nominal x 6 cells = 501.6 watt hours.
501.6 watt hours / 2.518kg = 199 whrs/kg.

If that pack really has that capacity, that's right up there with high end panasonic 18650's, in terms of energy density per weight. But this is some random brand - they could easily be bullshitting us.

Typical 20C lipo, by those same calculations, is 149whrs/kg. Lead acid batteries are something stupid like 33whrs/kg.
Yeah I meant its the real deal in a very loose was as in its actually 2.5kilos of battery nothing more. When I evaluate zippy I still only go by weight though, buts its the only packs I look at it that way.
Also when looking at things this way is the most important final sum is of Wh/Kg per $
So actually in summary what I meant to actually say is I like to try and evaluate battery by kg/$ for a dubious battery pack like in buying fruit, raw lithium per dollar!

I need to see if these big capacity bricks are sized right for my skateboard. Once they hit the USA sites, I'll grab 1-2 (if the dimensions are appropriate for my build) and buzz around with confidence that I will have enough watt hours to accomplish my goals. :mrgreen:

Back