Anti spark XT90 connectors

benj

100 W
I hadn't seen these before, but they look great for a budget setup and if space is at a premium. They fit a standard XT90 but handle all the anti-spark stuff for you, so just solder them in and happy days. Cheap too!

61690.jpg

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__61690__XT90_S_Anti_Spark_Connector_2pairs_bag_.html

Just saw these:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__61690__XT90_S_Anti_Spark_Connector_2pairs_bag_.html?utm_campaign=140910.USW&utm_content=92024531&utm_medium=email&utm_source=EDM

It doesn't really give any information on what wattage/resistance these are. I currently have a 1000ohm 10 watt resistor for my 100V setup. Not sure if this would work or not.

How about these connectors? http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-afc-anti-spark-connectors-5-5mm-150a.aspx

Just received my connectors today. Installed 3 minutes ago and I can confirm no spark with a 54.6v pack, a very happy uk customer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411507802.784139.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411507828.282956.jpg
Bought a load and will have them on all my ebikes now. I've been a convert to xt60's for a while but these xt90s seem like a no brainer.

Thanks for the update. I have mine on order. I have a 25s lipo pack to try. Hopefully no spark, but I doubt it.

I would like to buy some for my mountain board with 8S 33.6V pack....I pull average 40 amps and max about 120-150 amps. I guess it should do it...

itchynackers said:
It doesn't really give any information on what wattage/resistance these are. I currently have a 1000ohm 10 watt resistor for my 100V setup. Not sure if this would work or not.

Why so big?

-R

Because it doesn't spark. What would you suggest?

Of course it depends on the size caps in your controller but 100 ohms would be fine for 100V. I'm using 50 ohm for a 12S pack w/main caps of 470-1000uF. Peak current of 1A for a tiny fraction of a second.

-R

Just got my xt90's in the mail. Looks like there is a very small "5.6ohm" printed on the connector. With that, what maximum voltage should these be good for?

I thought the point of a "pre-charge" was to slow the current flow during the initial connection. If the 5.6ohm resistor is in the primary (And ONLY) path of the current flow, won't it inhibit the flow of current and heat up when discharging the battery at high amps? And wouldn't you need a clear path with minimal resistance from the battery to the controller/motor?

I'm fairly sure the pre-charge only "charges" when you begin to make the connection. As you slide the connector on all the way, the pre-charge disengages, while the main connects completely.

Hey brother! My 2cents= I think I heard the resistor is just really to protect the connectors, and caps are not damaged by 'surge' that don't exceed rated capacity.

Also, from what my infineon does without any anti-draindown mods, you have to leave the battery disconnected for days to fully drain down the 18fet 4110, and even then it's no real big deal to reconnect the 82v, but it does SNAP a little lol. I leave it connected except when charging anyway.

Ps, I didn't know you were doing 20s!!!!! I wish we were able to get together and ride!

I went crazy buying plugs of different types. these I have at least 6 extra. you need two. connect the black then the red.

write me pm and we can figure out what you can send me in exchange. Maybe you can let me live on your nice outdoor patio I saw in your video.

Back