• Both

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Bottom

Votes: 8 61.5%

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm going to put some lights on the bike soon, then do some testing to show folks how the £5 ebay lights do. But where to put them?
This is easy, as the break pulls have a mounting hole for mirrors. Now I'm offering them up, I'm thinking just one in the middle might be better. Though somewhat more work
Image069.jpg
Image073.jpg

Attachments

• Image070.jpg
    Image070.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Image074.jpg
    Image074.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Image071.jpg
    Image071.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Image075.jpg
    Image075.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Image068.jpg
    Image068.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Image076.jpg
    Image076.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 2,829
24 views, 3 votes, one of each. A leg shaving thread would of yielded more results. It's good to know I'm amongst fellow men. I don't care enough to have an opinion either. I might just stick with my head torch :)

Under the bars seems stealthier

The fingers said:
Sometimes I wish I had an almost ground level light that casts a long visible shadow from small objects on the road surface making them easier to avoid. :|

I put my headlight down closer to my seat level (around halfway between the road surface and my eyes) so that I can get that shadow. :)

There are still situations where an object is just hte right position/height/depth/etc that it doesn't cast the shadow I'd see it by, but most of the time this works fine.

I've seen a few bikes iwth normal headlight on the bars, and another one or pair down at the dropouts or just above them.

Not on the subject, but could you take a picture showing how strong those lights are in the dark road? I've been planning to buy one...

Kiriakos GR said:
friendly1uk said:
I don't care enough to have an opinion either.

It seems that deep in you, you are aware that you lost your money by getting those worthless lights, and no matter if you receive a golden opinion nothing can really change this situation.

Cheers Krackers. Others have liked them. I got them knowing I could backpedal and paint them red though. I won't be disappointed wherever they are finally fitted. I ran a rear cable this week in anticipation.

I have been playing with lights in general. This phone pic has contrast issues, but the room light and torch are different colours. Look at the skirting. This mod doesn't seem to loose any usable light at all. It just collects stray beam and redistributes it quite evenly. While giving that clean cut-off line that people will buy into.

There is a clear horizon issue. A large band where no overlap is present. This band theoretically reduces to nothing as the mirror moves lower, until on axis with the led. I have been filing flats onto leds in order to get them close to mirrors, but have no first surface mirror yet. Perhaps the cake slice needs to go missing.

Attachments

• Gudgin2.JPG
    Gudgin2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,548
I have about finished my light. Here I'm looking towards the corner of the garden where a dark green bush stands. The light is pointing down the right side of the photo. Here you see the left hand edge of the wide beam. Half the height of my fences. Lots of floor. Nothing above the cut-off line. Which is straight, but as we are looking in a corner, with a dark bush dead center, it gives the illusion it's not.Dj.jpg

The file in the post above shows just how much light I have redirected.

It's one of the 11-80v $15 lights with the big domed lens. http://www.banggood.com/Motorcycle-Cree-U2-LED-Headlights-Modification-Lens-Strong-Light-p-923250.html
Modified of course

Edit: Looking at the light with my face illuminated, I get glare that makes it bigger than the sun. That's standard. Looking from within the shadow, It's like a free keyring torch from the petrol station. The difference is night and day.

Another with the supplied lens. Puts a circle on the fence, while painting the grass leading up to it, but not the fence above it. Again.. Ok to look at from in the shadow but painful in the light.

The light is 4 foot of the ground, it's not a trick ;)

Attachments

• dg2.JPG
    dg2.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,487
Back