Jonboy's Raptor 140

Jonboy

1 kW
Hi Guys, just a quick pic of my new Raptor & sorry for the crap pic.. well pleased with the bike. Id like to put some more details up soon.. but a quick question does anyone know where I can get jst 6s 3p leads.. im runing 24s 3p just want to make it easy to hook up to my hyperion

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• 1413316708171.jpg
    1413316708171.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 7,571
Yep them hopes are fab.. Ok zee crankset, tried 48 t .. Rubs underside of swing arm on 44 now.. Not sure how Rod gets away with it. 12/32 rear.. Zee rear mech big cage. Here is where it gets tricky, I'm running the wide motor swing arm and a narrow crystylte Ht 35 so spacing the brake, hub & mounting the deraliar inboard of the dropout was a PITA.. But at least running a larger motor can go in no bother when I get my head around which one to get.. Prob the cro tho.
Oh & indexing with a zee shifter needs two clicks when half way up the range on a shimano 7 speed , no nasty rattle apart from that & the rock shocks seem fine at the mo

Hi Guys, I've got a few miles in under my belt on the new raptor and in comparison to my first bild, a Kona stinky which is where the motor came from it's very much in a different league which brings me back to the motor..

This bike is crying out for more power!!

I got the cromotor on my shopping list but have a quick question?

How the Hell do you fit a 5 speed freewheel, I know that snellemin has done it but can't find a how to.. I think he's running an old type of freewheel? not sure if it's still available?

Cheers

Jon

How do the vans waffle grips feel under hand?

Wow, I remember those days back in 2011, lots of cords, lots of things that can go wrong. Lots of hassle. Well no more at last just oone cord to the outlet and other end to the bike :)

Yes mate, it is alot of hassle.. my ebiking has all happened in the last 10 months this was the simplesed way I could think of considering I had the charger and ps to hand..
Adapto & a cro are on my shopping list but I juat want to ride the thing now. Are there any other alternative complete systems to the adapto?

Around December/January.
If you want unleash full potential of Cro you have to go for Max-e, otherwise you will only use half of what it can take.

Bit of a shame I've decided to take the controller out of the frame even though I prefer the cleaner appearance without it sat under the frame It's to tight to just wip the pack out for a quick bench check up know & again :( But the flashy controller cage is growing on me.. I think it's more bling than protection though.

Attachments

• 20141111_202809.jpg
    20141111_202809.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 6,811
The cromotor has landed.. :) 2 days to get here from Croatia.. I can't fault that!

Dealing with accountant has been a pleasure.

Now the fun starts, I got about 33mm to fit a 5 speed freewheel in.. all I can think of is offset the spoke build which I don't really want to do.

Nice bit of kit though, temp & backup hall wires included.. sweet! & WELL chunky.

Keep busy !

Cheers

Jon

My two new wheels... just waiting on tubes now! Built my first wheel, I really enjoyed it in a weird kind of way :lol: got less than half a mm runout updown & sise to side on the dial gauge. No doubt I'll have give it a tweek after a few miles...

Attachments

• 20150116_192844.jpg
    20150116_192844.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6,416
Back